These are the registration rules!
[quote]Whilst we attempt to edit or remove any messages containing inappropriate, sexually orientated, abusive, hateful, slanderous, or threatening material that could be considered invasive of a persons privacy, or which otherwise violate any kind of law, it is impossible for us to review every message posted on this discussion system. For this reason you acknowledge that all messages posted on this discussion system express the views and opinions of the original message author and not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Therefore we take no responsibility and cannot be held liable for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy and completeness of every message.
By registering on this discussion system you agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, harassing, sexually orientated, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy, or any other material which may violate any applicable laws. Failure to comply with these rules may result in the termination of your account, account suspension, or permanent ban of access to these forums. Your IP Address is recorded with each post you make on this discussion system and is retrievable by the forum staff if need-be. You agree that we have the ability and right to remove, edit, or lock any account or message at any time should it be seen fit. You also agree that any information you enter on this discussion system is stored in a database, and that "cookies" are stored on your computer to save your login information.
Any information you provide on these forums will not be disclosed to any third party without your complete consent, although the staff cannot be held liable for any hacking attempt in which your data is compromised.
By continuing with the sign up process you agree to the above rules and any others that the Administrator specifies.
The PASSWORD on the next page needs a COMPLEX password! COMPLEX PASSWORDS must contain AT LEAST 1 Capital letter, 1 Lower case letter and 1 number, you must then confirm by entering the same password, with the same letters Capitalized, lower case and the same numbers in the same place! If you struggle please email email@example.com [/quote]
Here are some additional rules that make life a little easier all round.
1) Don't use your signature line to spam this forum, if you want to include your website, then please put it in the www slot on your profile!
2) If you want to debate the pro's and cons of a smoker, technique, recipe, feel free to proffer an alternate version, if you want to debate my conduct as the Site Administrator, please take it private, and communicate with me via PM and email... If you think challenging the Site Administrators decision in an open thread, will win you friends and influence people, (well it might win you friends, but it will only influence how long a ban you pick up).
3) Don't cross post, don't just cut and paste the same or nearly the same thread into different sections of these forums, it will be deemed cross posting and will end up with all the extraneous posts deleted, the Site Administrator will attempt to leave one in the most relevant section of the forum, offenders will be warned, repeat offender will be banned.
4) We all have opinions, and we like to be able to express them, while believing that others opinions don't carry quite as much weight as our own.
[quote]By registering on this discussion system you agree that you will not post any material which is knowingly false, inaccurate, abusive, hateful, harassing, sexually orientated, threatening or invasive of a person's privacy, or any other material which may violate any applicable laws.[/quote]
We all get as much leeway as I as the Site Administrator can allow on these bold sections, but once the Site Administrator feels it has past the point of common decency, that comes down to my personal call!
This is a fairly family friendly site, and I would like to keep it that way, if you can't understand, curb your enthusiasm to insult or deride other members, then your time on the site may be more limited than you wish.
5) If you should be unable to login, post, to send PM's and your Avatar has disappeared, you should check your email for a message informing you of the length of your ban.
6) If you pick up a ban and choose to attack the Site Administrator via email you will just be adding to the ban, and I wont bother reading your emails, they will be added to my Spam folder, if you choose to continue, look for a much longer ban!
7) If you don't want to get mauled, then DON'T feed the bear, by doing the things proscribed in this thread.