Utah BBQ Forums
Breakfast - Printable Version

+- Utah BBQ Forums (http://www.utahbbq.org)
+-- Forum: BBQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Recipes, Formulas & Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Dutch Oven Recipes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Thread: Breakfast (/showthread.php?tid=1152)

Breakfast - Phred - 07-07-2009 12:24 PM

Here's a recipe that our family enjoys. It's delicious and very filling too. You can also add peppers and other ingredients to suite your tastes.
Ingredients:
1 pound breakfast sausage (sage, maple) , cooked and crumbled
1 medium onion, diced
1 2-pound bag hash brown potatoes, diced
1/2 pound extra sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1 dozen eggs
Preparation:
Pre-heat Dutch oven, 6-9 bottom coals and 12-15 top coals. Brown sausage first and set-aside. Next slice onion into small pieces, and brown in the sausage drippings until onions are clear. Stir in the hash brown potatoes and cover. Remove cover and stir occasionally to brown potatoes (15-20 minutes). Scramble the eggs in a separate container and pour the mixture over the hash browns. Cover and cook until eggs start to set (10-15 minutes). Sprinkle grated cheese over egg mixture, cover, and continue heating until eggs are completely set and cheese is melted. Slice and serve.

Or...

You can scramble and cook the eggs separately and mix all ingredients together and put into a Dutch oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. It is not a quiche, but more like a casserole

Re: Breakfast - Larry Jacobs - 07-07-2009 02:50 PM

I prepared this for 100 people last month. Instead of using my Dutch ovens, I mixed it up in some of those big aluminum buffet pans they sell at Sam's. I then put them foil covered on the smoker racks and cooked them for two hours with lots of cheese on top at the 90 minute mark. The eggs were done to perfection. Next year I'm cooking for 200 on Trek and this is going to be on the top of the list.

Re: Breakfast - sampson - 07-07-2009 09:36 PM

MMMM, breakfast.... Either method... I'd hit that and hit it hard. Now where's the pics?

Re: Breakfast - Gene - 07-08-2009 06:14 AM

Ain't none. Didn't happen. :roll:

Re: Breakfast - T - 07-08-2009 03:26 PM

You got that chit right!
[Image: couch-potato640x962.jpg]

Re: Breakfast - PackerBacker - 07-08-2009 03:41 PM

T;p="17463 Wrote:You got that chit right!
[Image: couch-potato640x962.jpg]

Ah Man??? Not him again :shock:

Re: Breakfast - Cyclops - 07-08-2009 08:52 PM

:twisted: Where on earth did you get :twisted: that picture of me before I went into witness protection????