Utah BBQ Forums
Soezzy meatloaf is so hard, (NOT)! - Printable Version

+- Utah BBQ Forums (http://www.utahbbq.org)
+-- Forum: BBQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Recipes, Formulas & Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Other Meat Recipes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: Soezzy meatloaf is so hard, (NOT)! (/showthread.php?tid=120)

Soezzy meatloaf is so hard, (NOT)! - SoEzzy - 12-08-2010 09:19 AM

I do it in bulk so you'll have to adjust it your self.

5 lbs burger
2.5 lbs turkey burger
2 lbs Jimmy Dean original
5 tubes Saltines
2 heaped teaspoons Garlic Powder
2 heaped teaspoons Onion Powder
1.5 teaspoons Paprika
1.5 teaspoons Mustard flour
1 teaspoon Chili powder
1 tablespoon dried Parsley flakes
1 teaspoon dried Mint
1 teaspoon Dried Sweet Basil
.5 teaspoon Dried Oregano
pinch of rubbed Sage.
pinch of ground Thyme

Smash the Saltines, then add them as the first ingredient into a large bowl, add the garlic, onion powder, then mix well into the saltine crumbs, add the other herbs and spices, continue to mix in the bowl.

Add the meat, breaking it up as you drop it into the bowl and spread it around, then start to hand mix the meat and crumbs, as the crumbs get incorporated into the meat, you will eventually reach the point that there are no more crumbs in the bottom of the bowl and everything is as will mixed as you can make it.

Foil the inside of loaf tins with enough extra foil to for a lid.

Pack the foiled tins with as much of the mix as you can without going above the edges.

The load above will do 3 and a bit large bread tins.

If you then fold down the extra foil as a lid and crimp the edges tight.

Cook in the oven at 250 - 300* for a couple of hours, (2.5 - 3), finish by opening the foil lid and allow the top to brown for 30 minutes... If you want to smoke it instead of cooking in the oven, chill the loaf tin once full in the freezer for 30 - 45 minutes to firm it up, start your smoker at the same time as you put the tin in the fridge, once the pit is up to temperature, take the tins out of the fridge, take the foiled meatloaf out of the tins open up the foil lid lay the foiled loaf on the grate, expose as much of the meatloaf to the smoke.

After an hour in the smoke, roll the meatloaf onto it's top on the foil, and smoke it on for another hour, then roll it onto it's side for some time then the other side until the internal temperature gets to 180 or so.

Re: Soezzy meatloaf is so hard, (NOT)! - Dutchovendude - 12-08-2010 03:56 PM

Thank you very much! I also loved that meatloaf. It tastes great!

Re: Soezzy meatloaf is so hard, (NOT)! - SoEzzy - 12-08-2010 08:18 PM

You're welcome, glad you all liked it. :wink:

Re: Soezzy meatloaf is so hard, (NOT)! - T - 12-08-2010 10:15 PM

Yo, I made a sandwich along with Becci and Sterling the next day, great! I must say it's a hit around here. Good job Cris.