Wild West BBQ Showdown Directions and Info - Printable Version
+- Utah BBQ Forums (http://www.utahbbq.org)
+-- Forum: BBQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Wild West Debacle 09 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Wild West BBQ Showdown Directions and Info (/showthread.php?tid=1262)
Wild West BBQ Showdown Directions and Info - Pegleg - 06-04-2009 07:32 AM
I sent an e-mail out to all the professional teams yesterday but some of them came back as invalid addresses. I wanted to make sure everyone got the information, so I thought I'd post it here. If you have any questions, please give me a call.
To all BBQ Competitors, listed below are directions once you arrive at the State Fair Park. Also below are directions from both the North and South as well as a link to Yahoo so you can input your own address for exact directions. Please donÃ¢â¬â¢t hesitate to call if you have any questions. I look forward to meeting you all
Lyle Earl Chairman,
Utah BBQ Association
Enter on the Southwest entrance gate off North Temple, go past the first build on your right then turn right (going East) to the end of the building then left, follow the thruway to the end. TÃ¢â¬â¢s motor home will be there already set up. If you have any questions, please call me at (801) 718-0063. If there is someone at the gate please inform them that you are a competitor with BBQ competition. Unfortunately, I will not be there Friday morning when you arrive because of commitments at work but I will be there as soon as possible. T or someone there will be able to direct you to your designated location.
1. Take exit #308/RENO/S.L. INT'L AIRPORT onto I-80 W - go 1.7 mi
2. Take exit #118/REDWOOD RD. - go 0.2 mi
3. Turn Right on S REDWOOD RD(UT-68) - go 0.3 mi
4. Turn Right on W NORTH TEMPLE(UT-186) - go 1.0 mi
1. Take exit #309/600 NO. toward 600 NO. WEST - go 0.3 mi
2. Turn Right on W 600 N(UT-268) - go 0.3 mi
3. Turn Left on N 900 W - go 0.6 mi
4. Turn Right on W 200 N - go 0.1 mi
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://maps.yahoo.com/map?&q2=155%20North%201000%20West%20Salt%20Lake%20City%2Cut%2C84116%20us&mag=5&ard=1#mvt=m&lat=40.772686&lon=-111.919867&mag=5&zoom=14&q2=155%20North%201000%20West%20Salt%20Lake%20City%2Cut%2C84116%20us">http://maps.yahoo.com/map?&q2=155%20Nor ... 84116%20us</a><!-- m -->
Re: Wild West BBQ Showdown Directions and Info - crashpilot - 06-04-2009 07:41 AM
Looking forward to seeing everybody there.
A couple of questions...
1) I'll be bringing my camper, are there any hookups or should I plan for none?
2) The directions that Yahoo gives suggests that coming in from Wyoming I continue on I-80 to I-15 North. Last time I was in SLC I-80 was undergoing a MAJOR facelift. Like I said above I'll be pulling my camper, is this the best route or would you folks suggest another route that doesn't go through all the construction??
Thanks in advance!!
- Flexo - 06-04-2009 08:53 AM
I checked the UDOT web site, and it looks like there is construction on I-80 near downtown SLC, but it should be good to get through. Here is a link to double check your route
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.udot.utah.gov/knowwhereknowwhy/">http://www.udot.utah.gov/knowwhereknowwhy/</a><!-- m -->
- crashpilot - 06-04-2009 09:28 AM
Re: Wild West BBQ Showdown Directions and Info - Pegleg - 06-04-2009 09:56 AM
Just an FYI,
With the last phone call I just received we now have 100% CBJ's for this event.
Re: Wild West BBQ Showdown Directions and Info - Three4Que - 06-04-2009 10:50 AM
Sweet!!! Looking forward to this event! See ya there Lyle.
Re: Wild West BBQ Showdown Directions and Info - Hintzes Hog - 06-04-2009 09:46 PM
Hey Guys and Gals, Does anybody know if we need to pay to get into the fairpark if we are competing? how about family and friends coming to watch or give much needed moral support?
Re: Wild West BBQ Showdown Directions and Info - Pegleg - 06-04-2009 09:55 PM
There will be a limited number of tickets available for each competing teams. They will receive them Friday after they arrive.
- Hintzes Hog - 06-04-2009 09:57 PM
Cool Thank You, Even for those of us doing the Backyard comp?