Utah BBQ Forums
The Fish [Burbot] are in. - Printable Version

+- Utah BBQ Forums (http://www.utahbbq.org)
+-- Forum: BBQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Recipes, Formulas & Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Other Meat Recipes (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+---- Thread: The Fish [Burbot] are in. (/showthread.php?tid=2293)

The Fish [Burbot] are in. - T - 02-27-2008 06:09 PM

Got a call today from the fish and game. The ranger is in rout as I type from Flaming Gorge. He has two coolers full of Burbot [fish for the competition], and I know some will be for us to practice with. I may have to let them slag a bit to seperate them so bare with me please. In any event I'm sure that you can plan on picking yours up by Friday or Saturday. If things happen sooner I will let you know. When the Ranger arrives we will break a few ribs and try some side dishes. I will know more after the meeting, and will be posted.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - no1plumber - 02-27-2008 06:15 PM

No bribing the Rangers now T. The rest of us need a chance at this comp. :wink:
I will try and pick some up on saturday.

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - PackerBacker - 02-27-2008 06:24 PM

no1plumber;p="8089 Wrote:No bribing the Rangers now T. The rest of us need a chance at this comp. :wink:
I will try and pick some up on saturday.

You are right there Vic! T didn't say if they were beef ribs or pork ribs :wink: :wink: Two winks to ya T Tongue

Dave

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - T - 02-28-2008 12:04 AM

Spent some time with the Ranger Robert while breaking some ribs. A very nice genuine and real guy. He happened to be the guy in the picture with the little fish in his hand. I showed him the picture and the remark that I made and we laughed hard for awhile. He can't wait to show those other cats. OK guys you can come get the fish now. They are individually frozen. No bribes guys just trying to represent the association in the best way, and show my appreciation to him for bringing them up. I know it's all in fun, love ya Dave, and Vic. He is excited about us showing the public about defferent ways to cook the fish.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - norm - 02-28-2008 11:07 AM

Looking up burbot on the web, I found some interesting things. This fish tastes alot like lobster!? Another name for the fish is lawyer.
I love a good lobster, but all my dealings with lawyers (at BBQ's and otherwise), have left a bad taste in my mouth.

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - Tour de Que - 02-28-2008 01:19 PM

norm;p="8101 Wrote:Looking up burbot on the web, I found some interesting things. This fish tastes alot like lobster!? Another name for the fish is lawyer.
I love a good lobster, but all my dealings with lawyers (at BBQ's and otherwise), have left a bad taste in my mouth.

I planned on staying out of this discussion thread, but Norm, you have crossed the line. I think it is a rule, somehwere on the internet, that you are not allowed to besmirch an attorney at any time ... in any place ... and especially when discussing fish. You have violated this rule and as such will be required to apoligize to each an eveyr attorney in the world.

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - sampson - 02-28-2008 06:53 PM

TDQ, we're going to need a more complete definition of "besmirch".

Some might say that by simply calling someone an attorney you have slandered them Smile But at least you're not a dentist, I just spent an hour and fifteen minutes in the torture rack at one their offices yesterday being slowly but surely butchered and mentally scarred (root canal), so dentists are really on my sh*t list today... and he's not done yet! I guess I can say something nice about attorneys, I met with one today for an hour at $145/per and I did leave there with a really nice bottle of water :lol:

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - Tour de Que - 02-28-2008 08:35 PM

sampson;p="8106 Wrote:I guess I can say something nice about attorneys, I met with one today for an hour at $145/per and I did leave there with a really nice bottle of water :lol:

The billing rate is $135/per and $10 for the bottle of water. :lol:

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - Cyclops - 02-28-2008 09:22 PM

Besmirch??? Man we are BBQR's We don't know them big words! Does it mean ya'll gonna sue us in a court of law? Hell dude, why don't ya'll just meet at dawn with pistols or swords? No sense in taking up that valuable judge time! :twisted:

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - no1plumber - 02-28-2008 10:17 PM

Sampsons you should be happy that you didn't have to call a Plumber. $145 for one hour thats cheep.

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - Gene - 02-28-2008 10:37 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :evil: Will you guys spell check what you write!! or at least proof read.
Hoochie, Sampson didn't mean it, did you, Say you're sorry to the nice man Sampson.......... Samson, don't make me come over there and swipe another pie.

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - Guest - 02-28-2008 11:36 PM

Gene -

That's all right... You know, Sampson DOES have a choice... I think there was a Tom Hanks movie that came out a couple of years ago that had a segment on do-it-yourself dentistry... Something to do with a coconut and a screwdriver... Or something like that... Maybe he ought to give that a whirl.... Sampson might develop a whole new understanding/appreciation of the term "butcher"... :twisted:

And of course, there is always the possibility Sampson was trying to save a little money - and went to his vet instead of a real dentist (actually knew a fellow who did that)...

Maybe it is just me, but I have always figured that if I got myself into some trouble - and had to "pay the consequences" - I never really had anyone else to blame other than myself...

But I guess if we all did that, we wouldn't have any good dental stories to tell now would we? Nobody ever wants to hear a "good" dental story, do they?! :wink:

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - sampson - 02-29-2008 11:45 AM

Dang Hoochie, you left me feeling besmirched. Smile I mean up here in the backwoods of Utah, we are proud that our dentist are multi-talented. Are you certified to do both dentistry and large animal veterinary care??? I didn't think so... Up here where the doctors are short of rock stars and debutantes to work on we have to make the best of what we got. So let me be on record that I'll take my dentist with his slightly pungent boots anyday over a one of your high falutin' Gucci wearers. Though I do wish that he would have read my chart a little closer before he started, confusing me with an "artificial insemination" heifer he was seeing later in the day was a little frightening. But it did bring us closer together!!!

And does anyone out there know of ANY good dentist stories???

Re: The Fish [Burbot] are in. - Guest - 02-29-2008 01:08 PM

sampson;p="8122 Wrote:And does anyone out there know of ANY good dentist stories???

Samson, you know the answer to that one... The only "good stories" are the "bad" stories!! 8)