Utah BBQ Forums
Thank You! - Printable Version

+- Utah BBQ Forums (http://www.utahbbq.org)
+-- Forum: BBQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discoveries (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Thank You! (/showthread.php?tid=4203)

Thank You! - Pigout - 05-07-2012 06:18 AM

I just wanted to give you guys a big "thank you"...I finally have started to dial in on some pretty great cooks. Yesterday I nailed a fantastic 8 lb. Boston pork butt that literally wowed everyone that ate it, for me personally it was a great moment. I have to give you guys all the credit, I've lurked around, asked questions, even bugged some of you guys at the SAMs Club competition and watch you and your amazing skills. After giving away the leftovers from most every cook so far...just to get rid of it, because it really didn't live up to my expectations, this time I kept the little bit of meat that was left, and I do mean very little...so thank you again for every bit of advise that you have ever offered...Big Grin

RE: Thank You! - HDBBQ - 05-07-2012 07:52 AM

That is Awesome buddy! I'm glad to hear and you can come hang out with the H&D team anytime!

RE: Thank You! - Swine Steward - 05-15-2012 10:27 PM

(05-07-2012 06:18 AM)Pigout Wrote:  I just wanted to give you guys a big "thank you"...I finally have started to dial in on some pretty great cooks. Yesterday I nailed a fantastic 8 lb. Boston pork butt that literally wowed everyone that ate it, for me personally it was a great moment. I have to give you guys all the credit, I've lurked around, asked questions, even bugged some of you guys at the SAMs Club competition and watch you and your amazing skills. After giving away the leftovers from most every cook so far...just to get rid of it, because it really didn't live up to my expectations, this time I kept the little bit of meat that was left, and I do mean very little...so thank you again for every bit of advise that you have ever offered...Big Grin

Yeah, now it'll be difficult to actually buy BBQ pork anywhere. Once you nail this at home, the rest can't compare to homemade BBQ.

RE: Thank You! - elkski - 05-16-2012 09:28 AM

And you will be cooking 2 -4 butts from now on!!! We vacuum bag the left overs in family meal size portions then just boil the bag for 20-30 mins and voila.