Utah BBQ Forums
Good for Q'ing or not??? - Printable Version

+- Utah BBQ Forums (http://www.utahbbq.org)
+-- Forum: BBQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Tips, Tricks, and Helpful Hints (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Good for Q'ing or not??? (/showthread.php?tid=4434)

Good for Q'ing or not??? - Grill Sargent - 07-25-2012 09:09 AM

Hi all...been a long time since I have posted here but things have been happening and it's just taking time to get back into the swing...I have been doing some Q but nothing major...Hope all are well...Anyway I do have a question for anyone who can help...A friend has a flowering pear tree and it was blown down from the wind and she knows that I use fruit wood to smoke...The question....Is this type of wood good for smoking or because it is just flowering not a good choice..???
Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance...!!!

RE: Good for Q'ing or not??? - elkski - 07-25-2012 09:16 AM

see this thread.. it looks like pear does not have much energy in it?
http://www.utahbbq.org/showthread.php?tid=4433

RE: Good for Q'ing or not??? - Grill Sargent - 07-25-2012 09:44 AM

Thanks...that answers that question....

RE: Good for Q'ing or not??? - T - 07-25-2012 07:08 PM

Good to hear your still out there Bill.

RE: Good for Q'ing or not??? - Three4Que - 07-27-2012 11:25 AM

WOW, long time since we've heard from ya. Welcome back. Hope that link Elkski posted helps.

RE: Good for Q'ing or not??? - Grill Sargent - 07-27-2012 11:36 AM

Yeah...it has been awhile ...I will be here on and off...Have missed chatting with all...!!!
I did do an experiment with the pear wood and it burns really quick and it's gone...but the aroma is so sweet...just too bad it burns so fast and leaves no coals to use...Oh well...such is life...!!!
And I am having a hard time posting pictures...I guess it has been a long time since I have been on...!!!

RE: Good for Q'ing or not??? - Desert Magnolia - 07-27-2012 11:59 AM

I agree! Love the smell if there was a way to get it to linger longer I would burn it in the pit.