Utah BBQ Forums
Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - Printable Version

+- Utah BBQ Forums (http://www.utahbbq.org)
+-- Forum: BBQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Discoveries (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds (/showthread.php?tid=521)

Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - afrazier5 - 04-09-2010 10:16 AM

Found this online today and couldn't see where it's been shared here before. For you guys doing catering or some big cooking events, it looks to be one heck of a time saver: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.porkpuller.com/">http://www.porkpuller.com/</a><!-- m -->

Make sure to watch the video...

Frazier

Re: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - Gene - 04-09-2010 12:06 PM

All it showed me was a web design company when I clicked the link. :evil:
Dough hooks in the Kitchen Aid work well, as do Bear Paws, or forks, just not in 10 Seconds.

Re: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - Gene - 04-09-2010 12:18 PM

Ok, I saw it after going straight to the web site, not by clicking on the link. The guy said "romanporkpuller' tho. If one is doing a butt load of butts I can see the use of this implement. Good tool, thanks.

Re: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - afrazier5 - 04-09-2010 12:43 PM

Odd - it worked for me when I clicked the link but could just be cached. In looking at the link when I google it, it shows it without the www though so try that instead.

Re: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - Larry Jacobs - 04-09-2010 01:48 PM

Holly Dan Aykroyd! Got to put this next to my Bass-O-Matic.

Re: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - Dutch - 04-12-2010 07:14 AM

I do the KitchenAid thing myself to pull pork. I'd have a hard time convincing Ma Dutch that I need one of those drill gadgets when the KA works so well. When I have a boatload of butts to do, I just pull out the other KA. :mrgreen:

Re: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - afrazier5 - 04-12-2010 08:14 AM

LOL - I had to go back and watch the Bass-o-Matic videos. I'd forgotten all about that...ahh the good ole days of SNL!

I guess the texture would be a matter of personal preference. I like my pork with a bit more texture and body to it and based on the KA method that I've eaten, tends to be a bit more mushy. Maybe they over did it in the machine though...I'd have to have some of yours to make a good judgement Big Grin

Frazier

Re: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - Dutch - 04-14-2010 10:59 AM

Frazier, I have found the texture to be different when using the mixing paddle vs. the dough hook. The paddle does seem to break down the meat more than the hook does.

Quote:I'd have to have some of yours to make a good judgement
Sure, next time I do some pulled pork I'll give ya a call!! Big Grin

Re: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - afrazier5 - 04-14-2010 11:28 AM

Considering some of the places in the past I've had it, they probably used a paddle in the big giant mixers rather than a hook. As I've not seen them side by side I can't be too judgemental I guess Smile

Next time I do a butt, I'll pull the wifes mixer out and give it a shot Idea

RE: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - Flexo - 06-25-2011 08:55 PM

Ok, we went ahead an bought one of these. We put it on a cordless drill. I have to say it worked great. If you have a lot of pork to pull, this is the way to do it. It does take a couple of tries to get the texture you want, but works great! I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't used it myself. http://www.porkpuller.com

RE: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - SoEzzy - 06-25-2011 09:39 PM

Apparently they changed the design, from the first version, the originals bust up the pork too much, so T was saying the other day!

RE: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - T - 06-28-2011 02:43 PM

Yo, they didn't change the design, someone else has taken the same idea and it doesn't shred it as fine, said to leave it more like naturally pulled looking. Will you know when it's ready.

RE: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - T - 06-28-2011 04:08 PM

Correction: will let you know when it's ready.

RE: Pulled pork in less than 10 seconds - Desert Magnolia - 06-30-2011 01:31 PM

A guy I know has one of these and your rite about the texture. Its easy to over do it. Leaving you with a funky mouth feel. Myself, I just use the old fork method Tongue