Utah BBQ Forums
Help falling off the bone ribs - Printable Version

+- Utah BBQ Forums (http://www.utahbbq.org)
+-- Forum: BBQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Tips, Tricks, and Helpful Hints (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Help falling off the bone ribs (/showthread.php?tid=5336)

Help falling off the bone ribs - Dale - 11-24-2013 06:57 PM

Tried the 3,2,1 st ribs today. Every thing was going great, UDS was holding 225. Pulled the ribs and foiled them with some butter and brown suger. When I unwrapped the ribs they were mushy and I even lost two bones taking them off the foil. We'll I stayed the course hoping they would firm up during the last hour, and they did a little, but not very much. What did I do wrong? One good thing, my ABTs were awesome!

Help falling off the bone ribs - Curtis Nations - 11-24-2013 07:10 PM

I foil for an hour instead of two, un foil and cook until there where I want them. It's about an hour and a half most of the time.

RE: Help falling off the bone ribs - Dale - 11-24-2013 07:36 PM

Thanks I will try that next time, and thanks for cooking at the judge class a couple of weeks ago.

RE: Help falling off the bone ribs - Larry Jacobs - 11-24-2013 10:00 PM

Ya I have found 2 hours in the foil are to long. One should be plenty then an hour in the nude with sauce (glaze) 30 minutes before pulling.
Funny story here: Last ribs I did I used "Sticky Fingers" Carilina sauce for glaze. When I pulled them they would stick to anything....kinda like those spider glue cards.

RE: Help falling off the bone ribs - SoEzzy - 11-24-2013 11:19 PM

Sorry Larry, but the image of you nude for an hour and then covered in sauce for 30 minutes was too much to bare! Wink

RE: Help falling off the bone ribs - Larry Jacobs - 11-25-2013 10:49 PM

(11-24-2013 11:19 PM)SoEzzy Wrote:  Sorry Larry, but the image of you nude for an hour and then covered in sauce for 30 minutes was too much to bare! Wink