Utah BBQ Forums
Wild West BBQ Comp - Printable Version

+- Utah BBQ Forums (http://www.utahbbq.org)
+-- Forum: BBQ (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Wild West Debacle 09 (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Thread: Wild West BBQ Comp (/showthread.php?tid=645)

Wild West BBQ Comp - Guest - 02-21-2010 09:36 AM

If you are the "head cook" for one of the teams who cooked at the Wild West BBQ comp last June who had a 1st - 7th place win in any meat category - but were never paid your award monies and are still interested in getting compensated - please PM me your contact information (full name, mailing address including zip, home phone number, and email address) and the amount of award money still owed to you ASAP... As well, if you know the "head cook" of one of these teams, please contact them and bring their attention to this post...

Based on information posted on this website, this would include the following teams:

Dragon Smoke
FrankenSwine & EzzyGore
Big Pig Parade
Smokin Hot Sistahs
Utah Smoke
Hi-I-Que
Team M.O.A.B
Miss Kitty's Outlaw BBQ
Casual Smokers
HQ O
Tumbleweed BBQ
BBQ Haven

Hoochie

Re: Wild West BBQ Comp - Guest - 02-21-2010 04:08 PM

How do you not get paid in a sanctioned event? I thought all monies had to be put in some kind of escrow account just so something like this doesn't happen.

Re: Wild West BBQ Comp - PackerBacker - 02-21-2010 05:02 PM

I also thought there were checks and balances for this with KCBS... but my understanding is that its not a UTBBQA matter, its the organizer of the event that has negated the payout.
Dave

Still Sucks

Re: Wild West BBQ Comp - BBQMama - 02-21-2010 08:33 PM

You are correct, Dave. The organizer is required to submit a letter of prize money guarantee to KCBS ... however, there is little that KCBS can do if an organizer doesn't follow through on the payout except to not sanction a future event with them. In this case, the Association did not collect the entry fee money ... if we had it would have been put in an escrow account and all prize money would have been paid.

So now our only recourse is to pursue the matter against the organizer as individuals with which he had a contract to pay. Lesson learned for all of us

Re: Wild West BBQ Comp - Cyclops - 02-22-2010 12:44 PM

This question is being addressed at this time by KCBS. If an organizer has had prior problems with making good on the posted prize money, KCBS may require a guarantee by a bank before any future contests may be sanctioned. Thankfully, this is a rare problem in the BBQ community.