Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tough Baby Backs
Pegleg Offline

RE: Tough Baby Backs
Thanks so much to everyone for the info. I have three WSM's and have handed one over to him until he can get around to purchasing his own and it doesn't have a gauge in the lid; he was actually using a thermometer at grate level through a half potato. The ribs he picked up were frozen from a meat packing company up North. I'm beginning to think perhaps he just got a bad batch; he's cooked them before without any issues. I suggested to him to up the temp a bit as well; any time I cook, I always aim for a temperature of 230 - 250 on pretty much everything but try and stay on the low side of that for briskets and butts.

I wish I could have attended the BBQ 101 class Saturday but couldn't make it. Our youngest daughter Candice is getting married this Thursday and we've been pretty busy getting everything ready ---- I'll post photos when the dust settles. We're serving up mini pulled pork sandwiches topped with T's applesauce sauce (chicken sandwiches are to posh); in fact I have 80 pounds vacuum sealed in the freezer ready to go. We've also got chocolate and cinnamon popcorn, brownies, and even a cotton candy machine; it's going to be a real celebration.

Thanks again to everyone, I'll be in touch soon.

Very sincerely,

Lyle

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 02:06 PM by Pegleg.)
05-10-2011 02:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Tough Baby Backs - Pegleg - 05-09-2011, 03:41 PM
RE: Tough Baby Backs - mrcourtneyw - 05-09-2011, 04:43 PM
RE: Tough Baby Backs - bud-wie-ser - 05-09-2011, 06:47 PM
RE: Tough Baby Backs - Larry Jacobs - 05-09-2011, 09:29 PM
RE: Tough Baby Backs - SoEzzy - 05-10-2011, 10:03 AM
RE: Tough Baby Backs - Pegleg - 05-10-2011 02:04 PM