Cuban Rueben (pics)
What does a guy do when he has a mess of pulled pork, a hankerin' for
a Cuban sandwich, but also loves a Rueben? You make a Cuban Rueben!
1. Get yourself one of those bake-at-home French baguettes.
2. Put your pizza stone and a large cast iron skillet in the oven and preheat to 350*.
3. Cut off 12" of the baguette and slice it lengthwise.
4. Smear each half of the bread with your favorite mustard (I used honey mustard and a little plain yellow).
5. Lay slices of Swiss cheese over the mustard on each half.
6. Warm a handful of pulled pork in the microwave.
7. Pile the pork on the bottom half of the bread.
8. Lay three folded slices of deli ham on top of the pork.
9. Pile sauerkraut on the ham.
10. Put the top on and press it down firmly.
11. Set the sandwich on the pizza stone and cover it with the skillet turned upside-down (to form a dome).
12. Bake 20 minutes.
|01-29-2010 12:39 PM
User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)