Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Year's Eve Carolina BBQ
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: New Year's Eve Carolina BBQ
With a 9 lb butt and cooking in the 225 - 250 range, I'd be looking at 11 - 12 hours possible cooking time.

I'd keep an eye on the internal temperature every hour after the first 6 hours cooking, that way you will gain in experience in judging just how your pit works for you.

I allow the first 6 hours without bothering, because it takes at least that long to get close to the 160 F internal that starts the plateau, and the point that the majority of the rendering is going to take place.

Keep notes on what you do and what works best... that way you don't have to rely on frail human memory to recall it all!

Practice, and enjoy the experimental results, once you lock it in and you gain experience, you'll be able to time meals closer to the start time, based on your knowledge of your pit.

Enjoy!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
01-01-2010 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Re: New Year's Eve Carolina BBQ - SoEzzy - 01-01-2010, 02:05 AM
Re: New Year's Eve Carolina BBQ - SoEzzy - 01-01-2010 03:49 PM