Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I wonder
StephenWilson Offline

I wonder
Just my observation…, I’m checking out the ads on KSL and I find this one for a smoker on a trailer.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=...r&ad_cid=2
Notice the pictures of yummy food that have nothing in common with this smoker. Then I find another add wanting a business partner for a food truck to sell BBQ in Utah County.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=...&ad_cid=11
Note the same pictures!... I wonder, Hmmmm…
02-08-2013 10:12 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

RE: I wonder
Looks like Hot Lake City, they posted the BBQ catering on KSL in previous years, I think the pulled pork sammie was used it those other ads!

If the food truck is going to work 24/7, then I'd have to go 50/50 on profits, rather than $12,000 return for $8,500 invested! JM2C. Wink

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
02-08-2013 12:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

(02-08-2013 12:56 PM)SoEzzy Wrote:  Looks like Hot Lake City, they posted the BBQ catering on KSL in previous years, I think the pulled pork sammie was used it those other ads!

If the food truck is going to work 24/7, then I'd have to go 50/50 on profits, rather than $12,000 return for $8,500 invested! JM2C. Wink

I wouldn't touch that with a 10' poll.. Business partners with a total stranger is worse than buying a boat with your brother-in-lawConfusedConfusedConfused

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
02-08-2013 03:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GOATTER Offline
Aspiring BBQ Pitmaster

If it is a sound investment the banks should cover it.
02-08-2013 06:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

(02-08-2013 03:15 PM)PackerBacker Wrote:  I wouldn't touch that with a 10' poll.. Business partners with a total stranger is worse than buying a boat with your brother-in-lawConfusedConfusedConfused

I wouldn't actually cough the $8,500, because I would expect that investment was just the tip of the iceberg.

My point was that if it is working 24/7, I would rather take 50% of the profit, than $3,500 as the pay back... Though I don't have the $8,500 either so it's all immaterial.

But that said if I did have the money, I'd want to keep a thumb on the till, and another on the swipe card... and I'm sure that's not what Art wants for a Non-working business partner... If you look at the $1,000 a month then he's only expecting to make $500 a week to pay you your half, so I was trying to point out how low that was on a return, even though a ROI of 41% sounds good, I'd expect a good truck to be making $400 - $500 a day and in a 24/7 operation, you should be pulling somewhere around $73,000 for the year of $5,000 / month... I know which one I'd prefer! Tongue

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
02-08-2013 06:13 PM
Desert Magnolia Offline

So what he wants is a loan. Your not a partner, your a loan officer with no chance of recovery in the event he just decides to shit down cause he is bored.

@ 85 gallon trash cans drilled and ready for action!!
Rub Q Long Time BBQ Team
KCBS member
02-08-2013 06:45 PM