Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ROCK-N-RIBS CURRENT TEAM COUNT
Pegleg Offline

ROCK-N-RIBS CURRENT TEAM COUNT
The team count is listed below -- we currently have 22 teams and need only three more for a qualifier. The teams with the asterik have made contact with me and have either sent their checks or will bring them to the competition. Anyone who would like to enter this competition may do so up until check-in on Friday; please call me and let me know so I can add you to the list.

There are many positive improvements planned for this competition and you will not be disappointed. As far as I know there are still rooms available at the Marriott; please tell them you are competing in the Rock-N-Ribs and they will give you the discount. If you have any problems, please call me anytime at (801) 718-0063. As far as parking goes, Cynthia will have a few meters bagged along 3rd south but I'm not sure where you can park your trailer. I will send out an e-mail and get back to you as soon as I can. Any other questions, please e-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:earlld@ldschurch.org">earlld@ldschurch.org</a><!-- e -->

Also, check out the Gallivan Center's Rock-N-Ribs website, some of the teams are featured here; 2009 Rock ‘n’ Ribs Competitor Page - <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.slcgov.com/PublicServices/Gallivan/bbb_competitors2009.html">http://www.slcgov.com/PublicServices/Ga ... s2009.html</a><!-- m -->

1. Hoochie-Que
2. OOPS Barbecue
3. Smokin’ Hot Sistahs
4. Pikeman BBQ
5. Tubby’s Smokin’ Q
6. Pitmaster BarBQue Company
7. R and R BarB-Que
8. BBQ Heaven
9. HQO
10. Smoke Peddlers
11. Hintze’s Hog
12. Iron Horse BBQ
13. Otis and the Bird
14. Team M.O.A.B
15. Big Pig Parade
16. FrankenSwine & EzzyGore
17. *Tumbleweed Barbecue
18. *Big Hole Barbecue
19. *Rhythm & Que
20. *Utah Smoke
21. *Dragon Smoke Barbecue
22. *Get Q’d

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
08-17-2009 09:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Re: ROCK-N-RIBS CURRENT TEAM COUNT
Thanks, Lyle!!

BTW - is the sauce contest still on? Can we enter and pay there on site? What are the rules?

Come on folks.... It sounds like an awful lot of work and effort is going into this event this year to make it better than ever... My first ever comp was RNR 4 years ago - and it is a great opportunity to "get your feet wet" and learn a lot to boot... And you just never can tell - it just might be your moment to shine and do really well!! Just ask the "Barbecue Heaven" guys!!!

Hope to see a lot of you there this weekend!!

Hoochie
08-17-2009 09:52 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Pegleg Offline

The sauce contest is still on and if you wish, I'm okay with you paying Friday if you didn't add it to your application. The sauce does not have to be made on site and the turn in containers will be provided. It will be handled by the KCBS Reps, Ed Roith and Larry King and it's winner take all; the cash prize dollar amount will be contingent upon the number of teams entered. We really have put in alot of time and effort in this and need only three more teams!! Also for what's it's worth; we currently have 20 confirmed CBJ's and two non-CJB's. Any of you who have not signed up to judge and would like to, please send me an e-mail at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:earlld@ldschurch.org">earlld@ldschurch.org</a><!-- e --> -- we are almost there!!

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
08-17-2009 10:19 PM
Unregistered

I will echo what Hoochie said. This is a great competition at a fun venue. In fact, it's been my favorite competition since 2006. I simply can't make it this year, but I strongly encourage those that may be on the fence to go. I promise that you will have a great time. Check out my Flickr from 2006 if you want to see what it's like.

John
08-17-2009 11:10 PM
Unregistered

And Patio, we will indeed miss you and Dave (Packerbacker) not being able to be there this year, brother... :cry:

We will just have to look forward to cooking with you next year!!... Big Grin

I think this is something that perhaps is sometimes overlooked regarding these comps, too... A lot of great memories are created... So for those of you who perhaps have been thinking about "getting your feet wet" - whether that be coking or judging or just helping out - come get involved - and start creating some great memories of your own!!

Hoochie
08-18-2009 06:58 AM
crashpilot
Unregistered

Lyle,

Do you have all the judges you need? If you need another, I can be there.

Sean
08-18-2009 08:00 AM
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

So Lyle...any ideas as to where we can park our vehicle with trailer (Uhaul type) during the competition if we are going to be placed up top and will not be allowed to have our vehicles at our cooking site? I don't really want to drive home to park the trailer at home. Can you find out from Cynthia if it is possible (or who to talk to) about parking in the big lot down on the corner of Main and about 400 South. Thanks.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
08-18-2009 08:13 AM
Pegleg Offline

Here is a copy of the e-mail from Cynthia regarding trailers. Please let me know via my work e-mail so I can pass the info on to her. I have also forwarded your e-mail regarding the parking lot on 4th South and Main; I will let you know as soon as I hear back from her.

"How tall are their trailers? They can go under the garage and I will get them out on Saturday if they will fit. I may be able to get a few trailers in some stalls on 300 S. but I would like to try and put them below".

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
08-18-2009 08:56 PM
VisionQuest220 Offline

We confirmed with Lyle on Tuesday that we are, indeed, coming up for the contest so consider us as "confirmed".

Looking forward to seeing you all again. The hospitality at Utah competitions is fantastic and, Sampson, you're still not going to get The Shirt!

Rhythm 'n QUE
All WSMs . . . All The Time!
08-19-2009 10:36 AM
VisionQuest220 Offline

Wait a minute!!!

I just noticed that PackerBacker isn't on the list as confirmed or expected. What the heck is up with that?!?

Just because Favre signed with the Vikings is no reason to stay home. Nut up, pack up, pony up and get your butts, brisket, ribs and chicken to SLC.

If you don't, we may have to change your team name to something like "PackerSlacker"!

Rhythm 'n QUE
08-19-2009 10:39 AM
Pegleg Offline

We only need three more teams for a qualifier!! All you fence sitters hop off for a great time!! You may bring your app and fees the day of the competition!!

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
08-19-2009 11:16 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Smokey Jake's BBQ has thrown his hat in the ring WTG Larry Jacobs!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
08-19-2009 12:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Boy, that was fast. Thanks

"Smokey Jake's BBQ"
08-19-2009 12:30 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pegleg Offline

Cynthia has asked that I get a count as to how many trailers we need to accomodate for parking. Please respond either on this site or e-mail me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:earlld@ldschurch.org">earlld@ldschurch.org</a><!-- e --> and let me know.

Thanks,

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
08-19-2009 12:37 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

1 or 2 for us Lyle

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
08-19-2009 01:01 PM
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

My big white trailer, Lyle. It will not fit in the parking garage.
Mike

TUMBLEWEED BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
Utah BBQ Organization Certified Judge
Email me at: mike@utahbbq.org
WWW.Tumbleweed BBQ.com
08-19-2009 01:34 PM
Unregistered

Will we be able to leave after the awards?

Roger
08-19-2009 02:02 PM
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

Lyle

We will have a 5x8ft Uhaul trailer.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
08-19-2009 02:24 PM
Three4Que Offline

Lyle, here is another question to throw out at ya. IF, we are not competing in the four meat Competition can we still enter the Sauce competition?

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
08-19-2009 02:28 PM
VisionQuest220 Offline

Lyle, we have a 5x8 enclosed trailer that we use to transport our gear. A 20x20 space would be perfect for us but we can go with something smaller if necessary. 10x30 is also something that we can work with it that's better.

Rhythm 'n QUE
08-19-2009 02:34 PM
Pegleg Offline

Three4Que;p="18378 Wrote:Lyle, here is another question to throw out at ya. IF, we are not competing in the four meat Competition can we still enter the Sauce competition?

I never thought of that, I will get back to you on that. All of you board members, e-mail me your thoughts please.

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
08-19-2009 07:21 PM
Pegleg Offline

I just got a call from April of "Get Qued" and she said they have had a family emergency and will not be able to compete. We are back to 22 teams, Larry Jacobs has stepped up with his team. Okay, we are getting down to the wire, we need ONLY three more teams to be a qualifier. Anyone?? Anyone??

1. Hoochie-Que
2. OOPS Barbecue
3. Smokin’ Hot Sistahs
4. Pikeman BBQ
5. Tubby’s Smokin’ Q
6. Pitmaster BarBQue Company
7. R and R BarB-Que
8. BBQ Heaven
9. HQO
10. Smoke Peddlers
11. Hintze’s Hog
12. Iron Horse BBQ
13. Otis and the Bird
14. Team M.O.A.B
15. Big Pig Parade
16. FrankenSwine & EzzyGore
17. *Tumbleweed Barbecue
18. *Big Hole Barbecue
19. *Rhythm & Que
20. *Utah Smoke
21. *Dragon Smoke Barbecue
22. *Smokey Jake's BBQ

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
08-19-2009 07:26 PM
Pegleg Offline

Re: ROCK-N-RIBS CURRENT TEAM COUNT (22)
Attached below is a copy of an e-mail I received from Cynthia regarding the parking of trailers.

"I have 10- $10 parking passes for the parking area at 400 S. and State. I have a couple free spots at meters on 300 S. and we will have some space available on the 200 S. access road".

The larger trailers can be parked on 400 South and the smaller ones we could probably stash down below in the parking plaza. Thoughts??

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
08-19-2009 07:33 PM
VisionQuest220 Offline

I thought Blake's BBQ was coming up this weekend. Anyone hear from them?

Rhythm 'n QUE
08-19-2009 07:50 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Vince, Mike called and said that a house that he and Holly were trying to get came through. So they thought that they would take care of that at this time. This is his fourth day in his new crib, but he really wanted to come. With these times I applaud anyone that can make a move like that. Travel safe you guys, see ya when ya get here?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
08-19-2009 08:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Rock n Ribs explanation. T 0 592 04-30-2012 11:07 AM
Last Post: T
  Rock N Ribs 2011 Steve in Denver 2 1,879 08-22-2011 10:48 PM
Last Post: Steve in Denver
  Rock N' Ribs Results LoneStar Smoke Rangers 9 2,428 08-22-2011 05:37 PM
Last Post: Steve in Denver