Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cured Cherry wood
afrazier5 Offline

Cured Cherry wood
I just helped our neighbor clear out a cherry tree from their family property. It's well cured as the tree has been down for about a year or so. I've got most of the smaller branches and a few of the trunk bits already but have to go back for the second load which will be the rest of the trunk. My small chain saw can't cut the larger trunk pieces so if you have a good saw, it'll be perfect for you.

There is WAY more than I can use so figured this would be a good way for a newbie on the board to meet some of his fellow brethren (call it a friendly gesture or maybe a bribe) Tongue

If you are interested, email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:afrazier5@gmail.com">afrazier5@gmail.com</a><!-- e -->. I'm in West Valley off of 4100 South and 4400 West.

Aaron
08-02-2009 03:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
David_B Offline

Re: Cured Cherry wood
Hey ill take what you don't want I am new to this also I have posted topics about being a new guy on here but got no response my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:integrityinc01@yahoo.com">integrityinc01@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> I don't have a chain saw but ill figure it out.
08-03-2009 12:39 PM
afrazier5 Offline

David_B;p="18052 Wrote:Hey ill take what you don't want I am new to this also I have posted topics about being a new guy on here but got no response my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:integrityinc01@yahoo.com">integrityinc01@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> I don't have a chain saw but ill figure it out.

David - I have 2 that have already emailed me on this. If there is any left after they take theirs, I'll let you know.

Back Alley BBQ
West Valley Utah
08-03-2009 01:27 PM
BBQMama Offline

David ... welcome to the forum. Sorry we missed your original introduction. This site has the greatest bunch of folks on it and a wealth of knowledge available so we'd love to hear more from you, and feel free to ask lots of questions.

Consider stopping by one of the competitions around the area. Its a great way to learn and meet other association members. The next one is the Rock 'n Ribs on August 21-22 at the Gallivan Center in salt Lake

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
08-03-2009 01:38 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

David_B;p="18052 Wrote:Hey ill take what you don't want I am new to this also I have posted topics about being a new guy on here but got no response my email is <!-- e --><a href="mailto:integrityinc01@yahoo.com">integrityinc01@yahoo.com</a><!-- e --> I don't have a chain saw but ill figure it out.

David, you may have not seen the reply's to your post over on the "cook offs classes and events", Under Rock'n Ribs 3rd annual.

Ask away were here to help

PackerBacker

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
08-03-2009 06:57 PM
afrazier5 Offline

I still have a pile of 1-2" branches of the wood left for anyone interested. This could all be cut down into small pieces that would work well with the WSM or UDS. There is also a small pile of twigs that would be good for fire starters or general camp fires if anyone wants that. I would really like to have all of this gone by Sunday if possible.

Back Alley BBQ
West Valley Utah
08-05-2009 04:55 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Apple, Cherry and Peach wood Grill Sargent 4 434 09-19-2013 10:36 PM
Last Post: Grill Sargent
  Free cherry wood in Logan on KSL norm 1 548 03-31-2013 01:08 PM
Last Post: SoEzzy
  Free Cherry Wood bwinther 1 593 07-20-2012 12:55 PM
Last Post: Big Johnson's BBQ