Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
July 1st and 2nd Huntsville, Utah BBQ Contest
T Offline
Posting Freak

July 1st and 2nd Huntsville, Utah BBQ Contest
Yo, Just wanted to give you guys a heads up on another contest to be held in Utah. The contest will be in Huntsville, Utah, which is East of I - 15 about 15 minutes up the canyon enjoying a beautiful drive along the way. Great venue and lots of room for R.V' s. Talk of the entry fee is $150.00 The paper work has been sent into KCBS for sanctioning already. The prize money at this time is $5000.00 and shooting for more. We need to support organizers of this event and help to make it happen. The official announcement will be made soon by Lyle Earl, and Greg Farley the organizers.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
02-10-2011 05:46 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big Johnson's BBQ Offline
Managing Member

Re: July 1st and 2nd Huntsville, Utah BBQ Contest
Big Johnson's BBQ is in...

Pit's & Spit's 3060 - Yoder Comp BBQ Cart YS640!
KCBS Certified Judge

Sponsors:
Wasatch Front Winnebago
(Riverdale Road in Ogden)
BBQ Pit Stop
D&M Meats
02-10-2011 06:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
crashpilot
Unregistered

Guppa D's will be there!!

Question...
Where exactly is the venue for the cookoff? I'm wondering if we're expected to leave Saturday after the event or is it being hosted somewhere I can stay until Monday evening?

Monday after the event is Independance Day and I'd like to make a long weekend out of this cookoff. Apparently Huntsville/Pineview Reservoir is a favorite getaway for most of Salt Lake City and I can expect the area to be a bit crowded, so if I need to make alternate arrangements for my camper for Sat & Sun nights the sooner I know the better.

Thanks!
02-11-2011 10:51 AM
Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

It sounds like it's going to be on a section of street parking, both sides of the street near the park and a vacant lot where they shoot the local firework display from.

They will begin setting out the display Monday morning, I've asked if the Pro cookers can stay in place Friday and Saturday nights, and that's being put to the organizer, but I suspect they'll need to clear the streets Sunday.

I'll let everyone know when I get an answer back!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
02-11-2011 11:28 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo, when the official announcement is made by Lyle Earl, and Greg Farley the organizers I'm sure that you will be able to contact them and all of you questions will be answered. The permission was given to me to go ahead and inform the forum that the date had been confirmed so the teams could go ahead and mark the date. You should be getting more information in the next few days as well as entry forms. I was also informed that pictures will be taken and posted of the venue as soon as possible. Thanks guys.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
02-11-2011 02:05 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Huntsville BBQ Challenge July 26/27th (4 meat) SoEzzy 50 2,055 07-25-2013 06:13 PM
Last Post: Big Johnson's BBQ
  The BBQ Pit Stop BBQ Event July 12/13th (3 meat) SoEzzy 44 2,063 07-14-2013 12:42 PM
Last Post: bbqpitstop
  1st Annual Coalville Pig-Out BBQ Competition Results SoEzzy 23 3,708 07-10-2012 07:02 PM
Last Post: Rod Livingston