Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TRAEGER COOKING
dadztoy Offline

TRAEGER COOKING
Any good info as to using your Traeger's.
07-28-2009 02:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Re: TRAEGER COOKING
Welcome.
Have you the thermostat on it? or the 3 position switch? In either case start it on smoke, be sure the hopper is full of pellets, duh, and you are off and running. You'll get a bunch of guff about your rig, pay 'em no never mind. Just get some chicken legs, season them, and practice with them, then thighs, pork loins, etc. 'til you want to jump in and try a butt or ribs. We're here to help. Which Traeger have you on the patio? or in the garage etc?

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
07-28-2009 02:40 PM
dadztoy Offline

We have a new 126. Love it and want to learn more tips and tricks!! Wanting to do a brisket but a little more to it than I care to screw up!!! Any tips?? Where can I display our patio and outdoor kitchen??
07-28-2009 02:51 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Ooo, a biggy. Right on. I use a 070 or we use a 200 when we compete or group cook. The 200 is mine. Just sent a 070 to Okinawa with 400# of pecan pellets and some dutch ovens etc. D.O. and smoked shushi anyone?
Idea Come up to exit 216 on I-84 in Idaho to the contest this weekend, you can learn a passle of stuff there, more and quicker than we can spout here. Right Mr. PB? Information does not need to be from one of us pellet heads either. Some of THEIR :wink: techniques apply to all types of smokers.
Besides we might toss some orts around. That means scraps, small scraps. Crossword answer sometimes.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
07-28-2009 03:01 PM