Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lamb for easter
drapersmoke Offline

Lamb for easter
this easter we are having a celebration and i am smoking two boston butts and a leg of lamb. i have never cooked lamb and am worried becausei hear lamb is tricky. im gettting bone in leg and am trying ic stuff it with maybe bacon. any suggestions would help me out alot.
04-01-2009 03:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Re: Lamb for easter
Lamb for Easter? Interesting. I hope nobody reads anything into that. Smile

John
04-01-2009 04:17 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Crazy Cajun Offline

Re: Lamb for easter
John,

Now thats funny!!

K

Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler
Certified KCBS Judge
04-01-2009 04:31 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

I cook leg of Lamb two ways, the prep is the same for both, one cooks hot the other cooks low and slow.

Slice all over the leg of Lamb making cuts an inch long and up to an inch deep, into one third of the slits, put a sliver of Garlic, in a second third put a sprig of Rosemary, and in the third third, a sprig of Thyme.

Hot cook at 400 - 425 F till the flesh splits open, when it splits, the middle will be rare or medium rare 130 - 135 or so.

Low and slow cook 225 - 250 till it gets to 140 internal and it will be rare in the middle.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
04-02-2009 03:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
drapersmoke Offline

didnt think bout it when i posted but is funny.
thanks fo the advice soEzzy
04-02-2009 10:17 PM
Grandpa Jon Offline

RE:
(04-02-2009 03:04 AM)SoEzzy Wrote:  I cook leg of Lamb two ways, the prep is the same for both, one cooks hot the other cooks low and slow.

Slice all over the leg of Lamb making cuts an inch long and up to an inch deep, into one third of the slits, put a sliver of Garlic, in a second third put a sprig of Rosemary, and in the third third, a sprig of Thyme.

Hot cook at 400 - 425 F till the flesh splits open, when it splits, the middle will be rare or medium rare 130 - 135 or so.

Low and slow cook 225 - 250 till it gets to 140 internal and it will be rare in the middle.

Thanks for the tip!!!

OU8SomeQ2.... Big Grin
04-02-2012 08:49 PM