Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Traeger Pellets Bulk Order - Anyone interested?
woodsdog Offline

Traeger Pellets Bulk Order - Anyone interested?
I hope this is the right forum for this.

I have a Traeger, and so do a few friends. We are always looking for the best deals on pellets, and haven't had too much luck.

I've finally found someone out there that will ship me bulk pellets for total cost around $13 - $14 a bag. This seems like a pretty good deal to me, only problem is, I need to buy 100 bags (1 ton!) of them. Now, I don't need 25-30 bags of pellets, even if I broke it up with my couple of friends.

I was just wanting to see if there are others out there here in Utah that would be interested in bags of pellets for $13 - $14 a piece. Let me know what you think, if its feasible, if you have questions. I'm trying to gauge interest levels in this.

My thoughts on this is ship them to me in Northern Utah County, and then have anyone that's interested come pick them up. I was hoping for the price it may be worth it to some BBQ'rs out there.

If people really are serious, PM me and I can organize this.

The types of pellets avaialbe are:

Hickory
Mesquite
Cherry
Apple
Oak

Thanks for looking...

Woody
03-26-2009 11:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Re: Traeger Pellets Bulk Order - Anyone interested?
I hope you find the number of people you need. As for me (I own 3 pellet cookers) and many others we have found pellets we like better than Traeger. I just bought 400 pounds BBQers delight that I really like. It's also been winning contests all over the country. Some of the guys are burning Cookin Pellets, another that I like and it comes in neat jugs. When I was in Oregon I brought back 400 pounds of Bear Mountain pellets at $8.00 per 20 pound bag. Fast Eddie also has some kickin pellets.
I guess what I'm saying is to get on some of the pellet forums and see what's working before you sink a ton of money into something a lot of us wouldn't use if it were free. Good luck.
03-26-2009 08:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Shoot, I use BBQr's Delight pellets and I don't even own a pellet cooker. :shock: Serious.

John
03-26-2009 08:35 PM
Quote this message in a reply
woodsdog Offline

Hey Larry,

Thanks for the advice. I'm in no way committed to Traeger pellets, but I am committed to a good price. This is just the best deal I could find. I was looking at the BBQer's Delight pellets, and they sell them for $4 a pound! That's really expensive!

I priced out the cookin pellets, and they came out to be about a dollar a pound, same as the local Traeger pellets are sold for.

I would love to get the Bear Mountain pellets for 8 bucks a bag, but I'm not going to Oregon anytime soon.

Can you point me to some pellet forum around? I'd love to check those out and see what those forum are saying about the different pellets out there.

I hope I am not coming off as too cheap Smile

Thanks again,

Woody
03-26-2009 09:03 PM
Z Offline

Hey woodsdog and fellow pellet poopers,

T from Q4U turned me onto this place called Taylor Freezer awhile ago, and they have pellets in all flavors for $14 a bag. I asked them if it would be okay if I told other people that they sell pellets, they said that that would be great. When you go to purchase pellets, go thru the shipping and recieving door and there will be guys there to help you. They are located at 50 w Bowers (aprox 2200 S and in between N Temple and Main St on the N side of the road) I think their hours are monday thru friday 8am to 4pm.

Z and April

"Put your barbeque where your mouth is"
03-26-2009 10:15 PM
hossrocks Offline

We are using bear mountain pellets now for our grills. Actually they are Louisiana Grills brand of pellet made by Bear mountain, lol same pellets. They have a wider variety of flavors as well. They even have garlic flavored. I'm told they put off a killer smoke. Just my .02

Hoss
Kuna, ID USA
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com">www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com</a><!-- w -->
Louisiana Grill Whole Hog - Brinkman back yard Pro - UDS - Traeger 150 - Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
03-27-2009 03:13 AM
Three4Que Offline

Z, and others, I hadn't checked with him yet, but my brother-in-law works at Taylor. If you want I can see what kind of deal he'd give for a quantity purchase? Not being a pellet pooper I forgot that Taylor even had them. He has one of their upright stainless steel smokers and has used it for years.

Doug

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
03-27-2009 06:13 AM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Taylor is also a Cookshack "Fast Freddie" FE100 dealer also. Here are some sites where the pellet folk (those on the dark side) hang out.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/traegergrills/">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/traegergrills/</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://pelletheads.com/">http://pelletheads.com/</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://forum.cookshack.com/eve/forums/a/cfrm/f/2091028883">http://forum.cookshack.com/eve/forums/a ... 2091028883</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/">http://rbjb.com/rbjb/rbjbboard/</a><!-- m -->
03-27-2009 08:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

I've had great success with Kingsford pellets from Home Depot. :shock: Big Grin

John
03-27-2009 09:22 AM
cookinid Offline

and if you run out of those pellets, D&B supply has a sale on railroad ties.
03-27-2009 12:03 PM
Unregistered

BWAH! Now that was funny.

He's here all week folks. Tip your wait staff.
03-27-2009 12:10 PM
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

woodsdog;p="15101 Wrote:I hope this is the right forum for this.

I have a Traeger, and so do a few friends. We are always looking for the best deals on pellets, and haven't had too much luck.

I've finally found someone out there that will ship me bulk pellets for total cost around $13 - $14 a bag. This seems like a pretty good deal to me, only problem is, I need to buy 100 bags (1 ton!) of them. Now, I don't need 25-30 bags of pellets, even if I broke it up with my couple of friends.

I was just wanting to see if there are others out there here in Utah that would be interested in bags of pellets for $13 - $14 a piece. Let me know what you think, if its feasible, if you have questions. I'm trying to gauge interest levels in this.

My thoughts on this is ship them to me in Northern Utah County, and then have anyone that's interested come pick them up. I was hoping for the price it may be worth it to some BBQ'rs out there.

If people really are serious, PM me and I can organize this.

The types of pellets avaialbe are:

Hickory
Mesquite
Cherry
Apple
Oak

Thanks for looking...

Woody

Who makes the pellets?

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
03-27-2009 04:42 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Traeger has their own plant. The one that covers this area uses a mixture of 60% Alder wood and 40% whatever you order (Hickory, Cherry, etc.) Their plant in the East uses White Oak as a base.
03-27-2009 08:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Anyone interested in splitting a pallet of pellets? Sexy Mexican 10 2,535 04-29-2008 10:55 AM
Last Post: BBQSki