Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Party for Monica Benedict
Jaybird Offline

Party for Monica Benedict
Hi everyone, we are looking at the secord or third weekend in March for having a party to celebrate Monica's life. I don't have much on details but it will be at a park somewhere, hopefully cooker friendly and probably a couple kegs.
Thinking about brats, hamburgers and such....maybe some pulled pork too.
We are open for suggestions as this is a party for all of us and Monica.
If you have pictures of her of any kind, please send them to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:jbafford@asu.edu">jbafford@asu.edu</a><!-- e -->.

Please, no gifts or flowers or anything like that. This is not a service or a funeral. This is a PARTY....a celebration of her life!

Thank you all.....now let's get the party started.

p.s....EVERYONE is invited

Otis and the Bird BBQ Team
02-09-2009 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Party for Monica Benedict
Yo, In case some of the forum missed this important announcement. Much love Monica!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
02-10-2009 09:34 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Re: Party for Monica Benedict
I doubt, Jay, that I will be able to make it there in March... But I just wanted to tell you that I think what you are planning is simply wonderful...

This is just my take on things... But life to me is a big "journey"... With birth and death being "mile markers" we pass along the way... And in my book, they indeed are occasions to celebrate as/when we "pass by them"... (Being a Christian, to me death is also a time when we are finally "going home" - and that is yet another great reason in my book to "celebrate" as well... But that is just me...)

I can't help but feel there is certainly great "loss" for you here at this time... I know my wife is not only my partner (both in life as well as in our dental practice), but also my best friend... And the thought of losing her - well, I have trouble even thinking about that much less having to experience it... But for you to say, "Hey - I want to rise above the loss I am feeling - and I want others to come and remember and rejoice and celebrate Monica's life along with me " - well, my hat is definitely off to you, my friend... I guess that when I pass that "mile marker" some day, I hope someone in my family will see it as a great reason to celebrate, too...

God bless you, Jay...

Hoochie
02-11-2009 12:05 AM
Quote this message in a reply