Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which Glove is for You ...
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

Which Glove is for You ...
So, I'm tired to haveing to wash my hands 1,587,456,567.34 times each time I do the BBQ thing. Do any of you use latex gloves or some other disposable gloves? Where do you get them? I assume they need to be "powder free" ... right?
01-09-2009 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tex-mex / Idaho Offline

Re: Which Glove is for You ...
I prefer using the Vinyl gloves to Latex. You can find them at Walmart, any hospital supply, or any drugstore.
When we cook in competion we have been known to go thru a whole box (5 hours ) not BBQ but in D O comps.

tex-mex / omar
01-09-2009 05:59 PM
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

TDQ, I don't think you will get around it that easy. Unless you can put on gloves without using your hands to touch the outside of said glove, contamination is still possible. It's something of an unavoidable evil at times but depending on how anal your health inspector is......our H.I. brought this up as he was keeping me busy while my wife worked the till and put together the orders. It was needed at the time and although he understood, he felt the need to point it out.
As to powdered/powder free gloves we use powder free and I'm not sure about using powdered.

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
01-09-2009 06:19 PM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

SlowJoes;p="13280 Wrote:TDQ, I don't think you will get around it that easy. Unless you can put on gloves without using your hands to touch the outside of said glove, contamination is still possible.

I'm not terribly concerned about contamination to the gloves and food - that's kind of the excitement about eating at my house ... Wink

My big concern is getting the meat and rub all over my hands. While I am not as concerned about contamination to the food through touching the outside of the glove, I HATE HATE HATE getting meat and rub all over my hands.
01-09-2009 07:15 PM
hossrocks Offline

We use a vinyl powder free gloves. You can get them at Walmart, smart and final/Cash and carry or any restaraunt supply house.

Hoss
Kuna, ID USA
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com">www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com</a><!-- w -->
Louisiana Grill Whole Hog - Brinkman back yard Pro - UDS - Traeger 150 - Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
01-09-2009 10:55 PM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Gloves? Hand washing? Fuggedaboutit, just wipe 'em on the front of your bibs and call it good!

Or when I just have to have gloves, I get mine at Sam's. No powder and I'll go through a whole bunch during a cook. But if I'm at home it is usually just hot soapy water...

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
01-10-2009 01:38 PM
Three4Que Offline

Yep, just hot water, soap then dry thoroughly.
My dad always said, "there will be many jobs in your life that you won't like, that's why we have soap and water."

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
01-11-2009 11:58 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

I picked up some powder free ones from a medical supply joint, but they all had an extra long middle finger. :shock: Puzzling :roll:

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
01-11-2009 12:05 PM
norm Offline

Ha, Ha, Gene. I think those were "exam" gloves :shock: :lol: .
I'm finding the best set up for me is a MH (Meat handling) nitrile glove over a knit kevlar glove (Ove Glove is one). I haven't tried it yet, but I'm pretty sure you can hand dip-deep fry cactus with this set up. The kevlar gives you cut, thermal, and fire protection. For instance, I've picked up live coals and thrown them back into the pit. They also absorb moisture, as my hands tend to sweat in a glove over time. The MH nitrile gloves protect you from hot liquid and grease, more cut and tear protection, as well as provide the necessary sanitary barrier. Just my free opinion, and that's probably worth what you paid for it.
Norm

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
01-11-2009 04:18 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Gene;p="13309 Wrote:I picked up some powder free ones from a medical supply joint, but they all had an extra long middle finger. :shock: Puzzling :roll:

You are a Bad Boy too :wink:

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
01-11-2009 06:23 PM
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

Gene;p="13309 Wrote:I picked up some powder free ones from a medical supply joint, but they all had an extra long middle finger. :shock: Puzzling :roll:

Lmao!!!

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
01-11-2009 10:00 PM
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

Tour de Que;p="13281 Wrote:
SlowJoes;p="13280 Wrote:TDQ, I don't think you will get around it that easy. Unless you can put on gloves without using your hands to touch the outside of said glove, contamination is still possible.

I'm not terribly concerned about contamination to the gloves and food - that's kind of the excitement about eating at my house ... Wink

My big concern is getting the meat and rub all over my hands. While I am not as concerned about contamination to the food through touching the outside of the glove, I HATE HATE HATE getting meat and rub all over my hands.

I fully agree.

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
01-11-2009 10:01 PM