Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Brinkman/Braunfels firebox cooking
Fire and Spice Offline

Brinkman/Braunfels firebox cooking
:shock:
I am new to a lot of this, but trying to make progress. My partner and I have been working about 3 years on our recipes, cooking on a Rocky Mountain smoker cabinet style cooker, or my Weber big round charcoal. We have a couple of cooking gigs lined up this summer for a larger crowd than we are used to. (200 - 300) and need more cooking space. I recenly purchased an old New Braunfels Black diamond grill with the drop fire box.

We are considering using a couple of these, but it seems not many of you use them. They also don't seem to have allowance for water. Is this an okay direction to go? How is cooking on them different than the water smokers? Is there a better option for doing 60 pounds of squealer at a time?
01-05-2009 02:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
norm Offline

Re: Brinkman/Braunfels firebox cooking
It looks like what you have is what is commonly referred to as a small offset, and if it works for you then it works for you. I know I've seen somewhere on the internet when googling "offset mods" or "SNP mods" where people have done things to increase capacity and make these more long cook friendly. Are you wanting to cook 60# of shoulder or are you "going whole hog"? 'Cus that's a whole nuther animal and you'll be looking at a larger pit with pull out racks etc.

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
01-05-2009 05:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Brinkman/Braunfels firebox cooking
Yo Fire and spice, You will certainly need a larger cooker for the simple reason a sixty pounder will a be close to 4 ft. What ever you do practice first other wise you may have 200 to 300 possible future jobs that you won't get, if you know what I mean? One thing that I learned years ago is every catering job is an audition for another, and you always want to do your best. When you get close to to doing it contact me, and If you don't mine I would be glad to share how I do mine, just another option. If push comes to shove Diamond Rental on 45th has rentals for pig roasters. Good luck. Oh man, I just realized that your in Canada is that still the case?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
01-05-2009 06:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply