Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats Cookin this weekend?
hossrocks Offline

Whats Cookin this weekend?
Hey gang, just pulled a mess of brisket off the que. They looked so pretty I thought I would share a photo...
[Image: brisket.jpg]
Anybody else Qing this weekend.

Hoss
Kuna, ID USA
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com">www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com</a><!-- w -->
Louisiana Grill Whole Hog - Brinkman back yard Pro - UDS - Traeger 150 - Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
11-02-2008 02:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Frankenswine Offline
Managing Member

Re: Whats Cookin this weekend?
Hey Hoss great job and thanks for posting. I did some chicken thighs yesterday over at T's place. But I guess it didn't happen since I didn't get any pics. Big Grin

Doug
11-02-2008 03:41 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Doug, happy birthday bro! No we don't have any pictures so I guess SoEzzy, Tony, Rico Renzetti the director of the the culinary department and the Senator where not here as well. No pictures so I guess the weren't LOL. We cooked alot of thighs that didn't last five ticks of the clock. Good job Doug. Later that evening I also had the pleasant surprise of being joined by Brian and his old team mate Cort who was part of the original Smokin With Willy BBQ Team before he moved back to Texas. Good to see ya again Cort and thanks for stopping by, but we have no pictures, so I guess it didn't happen either LOL.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
11-02-2008 07:24 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Three4Que Offline

I smoked two pork butts this weekend. They turned out great. 8) Great flavor, texture, appearance and smokiness. (drool icon) Pics to follow tonight when I get home. Honest guys, it really happened!! :twisted:
-the other Doug

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
11-03-2008 07:21 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Well I can a test to the birthday gig that Doug and T put on with chicken thighs took place, but you'll just have to believe it happened with those folks named or that it didn't, because we didn't take pictures!

It was just the right side of cold and the sun shone through or round the clouds all afternoon.

36 chicken thighs disappeared about as quickly as you'd think they would.

T's were good, but Dougs just edged him on the day, IMO, but if they'd been cooking competition rules to a time, Doug might have had to serve smaller thighs to the judges than he'd have liked to. :wink:

It was a great time from my end, talking the world round, with no pressure except being able to kick back and relax while the cookers did all the hard work!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
11-03-2008 11:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Javier Santa Offline

Greetings;

Awesome Brisket. I also started playing with a recipe of 22 spices Rub for 260 pounds of Baby Back Ribs at the Hotel that I'm working. I made a tasting for My Employees, their feedback was that they all wanted My recipe 'cause they all like it, but I have to make some adjustment to the Rub Recipe.
11-03-2008 02:24 PM
Sexy Mexican Offline

We had a torrential downpour in the Cache Valley Sunday, but I smoked 2 pork butts, some brats and chicken thighs anyway. I covered my Traeger with a loose tarp and ended up melting some of it into the back of the smoker :cry: It's cool, though. The food was worth the sacrifice. I didn't take any pictures, but given all the food I slammed at dinner last night, and the pulled pork nachos I had for lunch today, my scale is all the proof I need that I've been well-fed :shock:

Galo

"Yo Quiero BBQ!"
11-03-2008 07:10 PM
hossrocks Offline

Sexy Mexican;p="12252 Wrote:We had a torrential downpour in the Cache Valley Sunday, but I smoked 2 pork butts, some brats and chicken thighs anyway. I covered my Traeger with a loose tarp and ended up melting some of it into the back of the smoker :cry: It's cool, though. The food was worth the sacrifice. I didn't take any pictures, but given all the food I slammed at dinner last night, and the pulled pork nachos I had for lunch today, my scale is all the proof I need that I've been well-fed :shock:

Galo

Galo, I charred my sick quilt that my grandmother made me while trying to keep the heat in my smoker. I figured with the the rain and wind the que would never be hot enough on the outside to burn anything. I was sorely mistaken! I pulled the quilt off the que to check the meat and found a large burn mark! The meat was tasty though!!!

Hoss
Kuna, ID USA
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com">www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com</a><!-- w -->
Louisiana Grill Whole Hog - Brinkman back yard Pro - UDS - Traeger 150 - Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
11-03-2008 07:19 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Hey guys, try a welding blanket that will fit your outfit.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
11-04-2008 07:52 AM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Heres what I'll be cookin up this weekend. Caught this 7 lb bug of the coast of Santa Barbra Island on Friday. Some good eating.
[Image: Lobsterhunt08064-1.jpg]
11-16-2008 09:13 PM
hossrocks Offline

That looks tasty!

Hoss
Kuna, ID USA
11-16-2008 09:15 PM
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

Lucky enough to spend about a year and a half in Hawaii living on a 46' sailboat 1/2 the time. We would sail between islands and do a little night diving for bugs and spearfishing. There is nothing like a great dive with results and relaxing on a boat.
In Seattle we set the crab pots then go diving for scallops. I sure do miss diving.

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
11-17-2008 02:24 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Congratulations on the catch Vic...and the lobster looks good too! :wink:

Anytime you have too much lobster and need help eating some, feel free to put a call out for extra eaters on the forum, I don't get as much seafood as I'd like there's only me and the eldest boy like it in our house ,so it tends to be a special occasion only menu item.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
11-17-2008 03:42 PM
Gumbo Offline

no1plumber;p="12473 Wrote:Heres what I'll be cookin up this weekend. Caught this 7 lb bug of the coast of Santa Barbra Island on Friday.

I go sailing around the Channels every summer and spent 3 days at Santa Barbara last summer. It's a great place! Nice catch!!
11-26-2008 01:45 PM