Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pit for sale
Frankenswine Offline
Managing Member

Pit for sale
Found this one for sale on ebay in Hooper Ut. Not sure where that is but it looks like a nice pit.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cgi.ebay.com/Austin-National-BBQ-Smoker-Pit_W0QQitemZ110304114226QQihZ001QQcategoryZ67155QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZVi​ewItem">http://cgi.ebay.com/Austin-National-BBQ ... dZViewItem</a><!-- m -->

You looking for another pit Norm Big Grin

Doug
10-29-2008 05:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Re: Pit for sale
While I have never seen one of these in person, I looked into them long and hard a couple of years ago (website, phone calls, printed material) - and they appeared to me to be pretty darn solid pits... Unfortunately - and somewhat by surprise - the company closed operations earlier this year after being in business for several years... But I sure wouldn't let that stop me from looking really hard at this pit if you are serious about a solid stick burning pit... It will require an electrical source due to the rotisserie, so be heads up on that if you plan to haul it and cook away from home... The firebox runs the length of the pit (on the back side), and it feeds heat/smoke into the cooking chamber in a similar fashion to a DPP smoker... So it supposedly distributes the heat/smoke very evenly compared to many pits whose firebox is located at the end (this, of course, can be "resolved" in those kinds of pits either with "tuning plates" and/or a reverse flow system.... But this type of smoker and the DPP smokers don't require that)... The rotisserie will also require a little maintenance to keep it in good order - but that isn't a big deal really unless you don't do it... The price he is asking is "reasonable" IMHO... Would have been nice if the pit had been the next size larger with 2 doors... Oh well... Unless you are planning to cook for hundreds of people, it should be just right...

Again, if you are in the market for a good stick burner, I'd sure be looking at this one... I know if I personally was, this one would be GONE... You don't find a lot of solid stick burners like this out this way very often... Don't think I have ever seen a "bad word" about them...

Just my 2 cents...

Hoochie
10-29-2008 07:53 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Hooper is west of Ogden/Roy etc. Next thing west is the lake.
I looked up the Austin site and one said they folded up the 14th of Jan '08. Another showed pictures of them from 4-10 foot units with the rotisseries. Starting bid @ 3k. (my wife told me)

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
10-29-2008 08:06 PM
Three4Que Offline

Doug, that's a nice smoker. Just wish I could afford to buy it. BTW Hooper is west of Roy, exit 338 I-15

-the other Doug

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
10-29-2008 08:36 PM
Flexo Offline

Go get er Norm!

That sure was good stuff!
Tubby's Smokin' Q

KCBS Certified Judge
10-30-2008 12:11 AM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Amazing that there are cookers like this and others around Utah that none of us know about until they pop up on line. How does someone hide such a great machine as this....unless....people think it's for tarring a roof...huh T.
10-30-2008 12:43 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo L. J, now that's funny right there but it's true. When coming back from a competition in Arizona I passed two road side pits this side of Kanab. They were good size pits as well. I know that there is a Lang 84 owner a little south of here. Some people like to play and some. It comes down to there personal preference which I can respect also. I was really glad to see all of the new teams in Idaho. We also will have more teams this year.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
10-30-2008 09:22 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
norm Offline

Sad to say I've finally run out of cooker money, but I still have room in the yard....Hmmm. :?
Nice looking set up though.
Norm

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
10-31-2008 07:06 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Wait one minute!!!! Nice try T, but Larry asked about a roofing Job Tongue Whats up with that Tongue

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
10-31-2008 09:29 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo, one day when I had "Showtime" set up out back of the restaurant selling half chickens to those going in and out of the Liquor store, a lady approached me and said "boy my husband would love that, are you doing the roof"?. She thought that "Showtime" was a tar roofing machine. She already had too much huh? That is what L. J. was referring to.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
10-31-2008 09:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Pit for sale Desert Magnolia 11 1,127 02-26-2014 10:10 AM
Last Post: Dale
  Pit in Saint George for sale T 2 655 04-25-2012 03:06 PM
Last Post: imfree2q
  Klose pit for sale on ksl norm 1 738 06-21-2010 11:17 AM
Last Post: norm