Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Smoker for Sale
Unregistered

Smoker for Sale
I think it was a fellow by the name of Bernard Baruch who once advised, "Buy your straw hats in the winter..." I know for certain it is my wife who said, "One of your smokers has to go!!"

So I am putting my gently used BDS up for sale... This is an excellent smoker for someone who is looking to get into Que, and wants to have more capacity than a WSM or a Brinkmann-type offset... It is an original BDS (not a "knock-off"), model 2743... This is the "jumbo" BDS smoker... 27" diameter, 43" in height... Comes with 2 cooking racks, each with 7 inches clearance... Made from 16 gauge cold rolled steel... Fits 12 large pork butts... Great for competition, vending and catering.... Other than a little chipped paint (and I'll toss in the touch-up paint), it is in great condition and has always been stored in my garage... The smoker will come with 2 large charcoal baskets and 2 "mini-rings" for smaller cooks, fish, etc... I'll also be including some brick "pavers" to set it on (so you don't scorch your deck like I did the 1st time!!)...

I am also tossing in a "weed torch" to light 'er up - AND a Stoker that has been especially modified by the folks at Rock's BBQ to fit the BDS... A BDS doesn't require a lot of attention to begin with - and with a Stoker, it is almost like being on "auto-pilot"...

And as if this wasn't enough, I'll also toss in a 200# barrel of charcoal...

If you were to go out and buy this entire "system" today, it would run you close to $1100 before shipping (and the shipping on the smoker alone can easily run $200+)...

SO - make me an offer I can't refuse... I am selling the entire system... So please, no "bits & pieces" offers (i.e., "I want this but I don't want that").... I can can deliver to Salt Lake City, but no further (sorry)...

Ask T or Packer Backer or Jay (Otis & The Bird)... These are great smokers, turn out some great Que, and will do a 12-14 hour cook on 12-14# of charcoal and a couple of wood mini-logs...

PM me your offer if interested... Thanks!!

Hoochie 8)
09-04-2008 10:15 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Re: Smoker for Sale
Okay... Have had a couple of offers... Current high bid is $400...

Anyone else?? And just a little more $$?? This is a great smoker and package... Have competed on this smoker and done well using it especially with chicken and ribs... Have also used it to do bulk quantities of ribs and butts for special functions... And it is a great turkey smoker for the holidays!!!

PM me your bid today!!

Hoochie
09-09-2008 09:15 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

I'd like to offer $401...but I'm not sure I have even the $1.00 without pulling out my wallet and checking! :wink:

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
09-09-2008 12:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
okcbbq Offline

Just wondering if you sold the BDS???
09-10-2008 07:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

My BDS is still up for grabs...
09-11-2008 05:24 PM