Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Eagle Rib & Spudfest With Pictures!
hossrocks Offline

Eagle Rib & Spudfest With Pictures!
We wanted to express our thanks to all that put together the Eagle rib cook off and spudfest. It was good to meet all the cooks! Also, many thanks to Dave Shultz and Packerbacker BBQ for putting us under his wing and showing us the ropes throughout the competition. You're a class act brother.
We can't wait until the next event, See you all soon!

Hoss
Kuna, ID USA
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com">www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com</a><!-- w -->
Louisiana Grill Whole Hog - Brinkman back yard Pro - UDS - Traeger 150 - Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
09-02-2008 10:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Eagle Rib & Spudfest
Well let me tell ya! That was the best/well ran event I have been to sense the Jack. the crouds were huge, we had water, ice delivered to us and trash picked up as needed.And it was on GRASS!!!!! We were told 4-5k people came through Saturday, and I will guess 5-6k on Sunday and Monday. I again want to thank the entire crew at Northwest Events Unlimited and our own Jim Monihan for a job well done.
There were many new teams, that we are so happy to have come out, and everyone of them has been bitten by the BBQ bug, and all of them said as we have said, " Everyone is so cool and friendly, as if they have known each other for years" Hoss, it was good to see you and to meet your crew you guys were cool neighbors, congrats on your calls :wink: And remember..... Foil is your friend!!!

Now the hard part :cry: I have to go unload the trailer, pack stuff away for next years season, a good season it was! By the way, who ended up with the "VooDoo" statue??? AKA Wolfman Jack

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
09-02-2008 11:10 AM
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

I must agree with Dave on this and trust his comparison to the Jack. Everyone at NW Events, Jim, John, and Mark did a great job of making sure our needs were taken care of. It was great to see so many new cooks and to see them take walks was even better.
Great Job to Petey and T.
T., I think Becci was right about that Voodoo curse.....but it beat me up a little bit my friend :shock: Sad :shock: Next time I see that doll, I'll burn it!! Gayle and I look forward to seeing you and Becci next go'round.
I too will be unpacking and putting away. At least its half cool.

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
09-02-2008 01:15 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

I really was wondering if Kevin got the statue back. The last place I saw it was at T's

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
09-02-2008 01:22 PM
Sparx BBQ Offline

I agree, one of the best I've cooked/attended. Great having three venues at the same site. Hats off to Jim and NW Events for putting it all together. Looking forward to next year already! Good to see everyone again.
09-03-2008 07:53 AM
BBQSki Offline

I concur -- great contest. It was good to see so many out-of-towners support this contest (T, Hoochie, etc....... and the infamous Pikeman).
09-03-2008 09:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

This was a GREAT comp to say the least... Yeah, there were a few small first year glitches (as there always are) - but for those of you who couldn't make it this year, this is definitely one you want to add to your lists for next year...

Jim Monahan, a big tip of the hat to you, sir, for pulling off a WONDERFUL event... Great location, great venue... And the support/services made available to the competition teams were super... I hope someone got a picture of you toting all the kids around in your golf cart... Thanks again, Jim, for being the wonderful person you are and for doing a fantastic job...

I spoke with a few of the vendors - Pikeman, Stone Soupers, etc - and I think any/all of those who vended sold as much as they could cook, borrow, or steal!! Those poor (now rich??) folks worked their little hineys off trying to keep up with the crowds... So if you are into vending, you don't want to miss this one next year, either...

As to the comp itself, a big congratulations to Team Ida Q and Utah Smoke - and heck, to you, too, Spuds BBQ (Spuds/Joe initially was awarded the RGC... But a recalculation of chicken scores moved T into the RGC!!) These 3 teams cooked up a storm to say the least... We need to get Team Ida Q out on the road a little more often, as they surely can cook... I also got the chance to see T's brisket and ribs before turn-in... Man oh man!!!! Talk about a work of art... It was my 2nd time now to have the opportunity to cook next to Joe and Glenda (Spud's BBQ)... Talk about a classy couple/team, along with being great cooks...

After these 3 teams came a slew of names you see around here pretty darn often... And they were definitely putting the heat on the top 3 teams.... Big Hole BBQ (Chef Prego :lol: ), Patio Daddio, Packer Backer, and BBQ Ski all grabbing spots within the Top 10... And guess who else showed he can run with the big dogs? None other than that ol' Crazy Cajun himself, taking 5th in ribs (this, folks, after not being able to find his ribs at around 6:30 AM, going home to take a shower and look for them, and "leisurely" returning around 8 AM to start rubbing and cooking them - with only a little over 4 hours to go before turn-in!!!) Talk about being the "Ice Man"... Pikeman was in the hunt as well - but I sure don't see how considering he was vending like a wildman, too...

Bottom line, congratulations to all the teams and their fine performances... And we can be especially proud of the UBBQA's presence and performance at this event... To say the least, we looked good 8)

Thanks again for a wonderful event...

Hoochie

BTW - here are the complete final results:

Grand Champion: Team Ida Q
Reserve Champion: Utah Smoke

Overall:
1 Team Ida Q
2 Utah Smoke
3 Spuds BBQ
4 Big Hole BBQ
5 Patio Daddio BBQ
6 Packer Backer BBQ
7 Hoochie Que
8 Big Daddy BBQ
9 BBQ Ski
10 Sparx BBQ
11 Andrew's Rib Shack
12 Alligator BBQ
13 Grill Tech Help Desk
14 Iron Horse Smokers
15 Bubb's BBQ Rub
16 Crazy Cajun Cookers
17 Pikeman BBQ
18 Quester's BBQ
19 Elegant Grill
20 Stone Soupers
21 Joniwsbon Best BBQ
22 Kanak Attack
23 Margie's Hogs and Dogs

Chicken:
1 Hoochie Que
2 BBQ Ski
3 Packer Backer BBQ
4 Sparx BBQ
5 Patio Daddio BBQ
6 Bubb's BBQ Rub
7 Spuds BBQ
8 Big Hole BBQ
9 Margie's Hogs and Dogs
10 Utah Smoke
11 Grill Tech Help Desk
12 Joniwsbon Best BBQ
13 Big Daddy BBQ
14 Elegant Grill
15 Team Ida Q
16 Pikeman BBQ
17 Alligator BBQ
18 Andrew's Rib Shack
19 Iron Horse Smokers
20 Stone Soupers
21 Crazy Cajun Cookers
22 Quester's BBQ
23 Kanak Attack

Ribs:
1 Team Ida Q
2 Big Daddy BBQ
3 Andrew's Rib Shack
4 Grill Tech Help Desk
5 Crazy Cajun Cookers
6 Utah Smoke
7 Packer Backer BBQ
8 Hoochie Que
9 Bubb's BBQ Rub
10 Spuds BBQ
11 Patio Daddio BBQ
12 Iron Horse Smokers
13 BBQ Ski
14 Big Hole BBQ
15 Quester's BBQ
16 Alligator BBQ
17 Kanak Attack
18 Sparx BBQ
19 Pikeman BBQ
20 Margie's Hogs and Dogs
21 Stone Soupers
22 Joniwsbon Best BBQ
23 Elegant Grill

Pork:
1 Big Hole BBQ
2 Spuds BBQ
3 Sparx BBQ
4 Utah Smoke
5 Quester's BBQ
6 Packer Backer BBQ
7 Alligator BBQ
8 Andrew's Rib Shack
9 Team Ida Q
10 Patio Daddio BBQ
11 Grill Tech Help Desk
12 Stone Soupers
13 Bubb's BBQ Rub
14 Iron Horse Smokers
15 Kanak Attack
16 Pikeman BBQ
17 Hoochie Que
18 Joniwsbon Best BBQ
19 BBQ Ski
20 Big Daddy BBQ
21 Elegant Grill
22 Crazy Cajun Cookers

Brisket:
1 BBQ Ski
2 Big Daddy BBQ
3 Patio Daddio BBQ
4 Team Ida Q
5 Iron Horse Smokers
6 Spuds BBQ
7 Utah Smoke
8 Hoochie Que
9 Big Hole BBQ
10 Crazy Cajun Cookers
11 Elegant Grill
12 Sparx BBQ
13 Alligator BBQ
14 Andrew's Rib Shack
15 Packer Backer BBQ
16 Pikeman BBQ
17 Stone Soupers
18 Quester's BBQ
19 Joniwsbon Best BBQ
20 Bubb's BBQ Rub
21 Grill Tech Help Desk
22 Kanak Attack
09-03-2008 11:12 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

It was indeed one whale of well run contest! Huge congrats to all my fellow competitors who walked. Like Hoochie, I want to thank Jim Monihan for all of his effort. Jim, you are good to we cooks, and I really appreciate it. Thanks also to our KCBS reps, John Hunt and Mark Silver.

Until next year...

John

P.S. I vote Monihan for MC next year. Can I get an amen?! Big Grin :wink:
09-03-2008 03:30 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Sorry Dano :wink: But I have to agree with John, you were in a tight spot brother, you gave new meaning to the word "Stretch'n it" Yo John! you should have jumped out and done some Richard Prior stuff :lol: :lol: :lol the Cajun, he could have done some Ron White, and we would have been roll'n!

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
09-03-2008 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Little tiny feets! Big Grin
09-03-2008 04:33 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo, let me start by saying thanks to all for a great weekend, Dave and Dana as well as Morgan for sharing their lovely home with us for the second year, when we arrived early for a cook. Even though it's a beatiful home and surroundings as well it's the owners that make it more beatiful. Our first night I cooked steaks on my Camp Chef grill and Dave cooked the salmon, great meal. The pictures that I took are posted below and thanks to SoEzzy for doing that. Thanks to my sponsores Camp Chef. I would like to thank once again the event commitee that put on the cook-off, and guys those of you that didn't make it missed a good one. Thank to the KCBS Reps Mark Silver, John Hunt, and the ever present class act Jim Monihan. Kimberly, Teressa, and both Jims who went past the call of duty to pamper the cooks, and I do mean pamper. Thanks to Brian and his wonderful family for making us feel very welcome. Each morning we were met with a Continental Breakfast served in the pravillion as the pictures will show. Thanks again Kimberly and Teressa for your hard work, all with the cooks in mind, can't wait until next year for another hug, you guys are great. The entire staff was always present to cater our needs. For a first time event, it was the chit! My man Dano, I have been trying to figure ever since I met you who you reminded me of and after catching your act on stage I got home and flashed on Joey Bishop LOL. Love you bro. There is talk of making it bigger and better next year, so from one cook to another I wouldn't miss it. Early Saturday started with the launching of the great air ballons right at the site continued by the normal activities of a cook-off. I had the pleasure of interviewing some of the judges after the judging of the spud entries. I will tell we have some great creative cooks out there. The winner was a Potato Chowder. Joe Wolman had a unique entry as well. Patio Daddio had a nice Potato Empanada, thanks John for the cool towel. Now lets get to my Q Brothers, thanks to all that showed up, and a special thanks to those that traveled. Petey, and Tom from Team Ida Q you guys are great, and for two years in a row you have proved it! Take your butts to the Jack! Slow Joe's, love you two. Congrats to all that got a call old and new. Now for that monster Voodoo doll, yes it was in my area, but as I told the kids "that Voodoo stuff doesn't work on black people" LOL. I was talking with one of the other cooks and he said that when he got ready to go to bed that it was propped up in his front seat. I know one thing for sure I don't think I'll see it again LOL. Thanks for the kind words Mike. Well I thought that I would give you an outline of the pictures to come so, once again all of you Winter well, and if we don't see you in Grand Junction with sixty other teams good health to you all, and God bless.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
09-03-2008 05:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

For T's PICTURES please click the link.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.soezzy.com/images/eagle/small/">http://www.soezzy.com/images/eagle/small/</a><!-- m -->

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
09-03-2008 05:57 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Nice pics T!!!!!

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
09-03-2008 06:34 PM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Eagle Rib & Spudfest With Pictures!
Just noticed the pics, sweet! Dave not a bad place you got goin' there, if PJ gives me the boot I'm headed your way Big Grin I can just stay in the garage with the FE to keep me warm... Great pics T, thanks for sharing!

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
09-08-2008 12:57 PM
GBQ Offline

Dave. (Packerfan!!!!!!!!!!!) Let me say what an awsome place you & Dana have! A little place of Idaho heaven. Your house & yard look great. Just like when I watch you compete,everything has a place & everything in it's place. But two things I noticed. Nice pics.Of the house,yard,boat,shop!(I would kill for a shop like that) #1 WHERE ARE THE PICTURES OF DANA'S DAYTONA? #2 What's up with your cow? You could have at least had her cleaned and groomed before picture time.

Love ya Man!

Gary (Vikings fan)
OU812BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
09-10-2008 12:24 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Thanks Gary/ Chris, we enjoy it, nice and quiet here, no neighbors or public road for a 1/4 mile. Gary thats not my cow, a rancher has about 40 head on open range land next to us, we have a cattle guard out front to keep them out of the yard, every now and then a calf will sneak in.

Now for the important stuff Tongue How about A Rod!!, the boy can play I'm tell'n ya! 18 for 22.

Go Pac GO

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
09-10-2008 07:55 AM
GBQ Offline

Dave: Iknew that was not your cow! Just razen you a bit.If it was you cow it would have been cleaned, groomed and decked out in packer gear!

Now for the more important stuff.Where are the Pics.Of Dana's Daytona?

Gary (Vikings fan)
OU812BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
09-10-2008 12:32 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Or fatted up for the smoker/grill.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
09-10-2008 03:10 PM
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

Dave, the whole point here is CLEAN THE STINKIN' COW before picture time!!! Why mess up that view witha dirty cow?
Gary, the Daytona is as beautiful as the view. When Dana is in it it's even prettier, when Dave is in it....it becomes a GMC Pacer :lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
09-10-2008 04:34 PM
Pugwhan Offline

SoEzzy;p="11350 Wrote:For T's PICTURES please click the link.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.soezzy.com/images/eagle/small/">http://www.soezzy.com/images/eagle/small/</a><!-- m -->

Could I put in a request to get copies of pictures 82 and 83?

Half of Team Swine Steward
10-02-2008 05:10 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Pugwhan what's in the pictures you want?

A clear ish de.scription will save me some time finding copies by watching all the way to pics 82 and 83.

Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
10-02-2008 05:52 PM
Pugwhan Offline

SoEzzy;p="11881 Wrote:Pugwhan what's in the pictures you want?

A clear ish de.scription will save me some time finding copies by watching all the way to pics 82 and 83.

Those 2 are the pictures of our team at the competition. The first is a brown screened in canopy and the second would be me at the grill. the team is "grilltech helpdesk". We are the pictures following Patio Daddio and before BBQski. Does that help?

10-02-2008 06:25 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Yup!

I'll get you the pictures in an email tomorrow, OK?

10-02-2008 06:55 PM
Pugwhan Offline

That would be great.. Thank you for the quick response.

10-03-2008 04:52 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Pictures sent! :wink:

10-04-2008 01:08 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Eagle Rib and Spudfest T 21 4,242 09-09-2009 05:08 PM
Last Post: Frankenswine
  Eagle Rib and Spudfest Roll Call? SlowJoes 54 10,669 09-05-2009 12:12 PM
Last Post: T
  Eagle BBQ Cook Off & SpudFest tsorensen86 23 4,776 08-12-2009 01:53 PM
Last Post: Cyclops