Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
RNR results
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

RNR results
Yo..... I wrote as fast as I could Patio Daddio just called and here is what I have been told! Congrats to all!

GC Checkered Pig '
RGC Otis & the Bird
3rd Rythum & Q
4thSmok'n Triggers
5th Pitmasters
6th OOPs BBQ
7th PatioDaddio

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
08-23-2008 04:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

Against that crew....way to go Patio!! Great job Jay and Monica.

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
08-23-2008 05:32 PM
Unregistered

Re: RNR results
Here they are.... Congratulations to everyone... Nice walk in chicken, M.O.A.B., especially considering you jumped in at the last minute!!... Jay/Monica - what can I say... You are just consistent as the day is long!! Vision - another great showing from you as well!... Mr. Triggs, always a pleasure to have you in our presence... Great to see old friends Patio Daddio and Hi-I-Que and the Sistahs and Black Iron all up there putting some pressure on the top dogs (at least they were the top dogs today)... Nice walk in ribs, T... Pitmaster, have not formally met you (other than over a popsicle today)... But nice showing again, too (you were knocking on the door here back at the 4th of July comp)... O.O.P.S, nice to meet you and thanks for coming over from CO to be with us... Know you will see several UT teams there in Grand Junction in a few weeks (wish I was going to be one of them :cry:... Next year.... )...

Again, congratulations to all of you!!! (It was WAY hot down there today... :evil: )

Grand Champion: Checkerd Pig
Reserve Champion: Otis and the Bird

Overall:
1 Checkerd Pig
2 Otis and the Bird
3 Rhythm 'n Que
4 Smokin' Triggers
5 Pitmaster BarBque Compan
6 O.O.P.S
7 Patio Daddio BBQ
8 Hi - I - Que
9 Smokin' Hot Sistahs
10 Black Iron BBQ
11 Big Hole BBQ
12 Get Q'd
13 Oh Kay Cee's Backyard BB
14 Dragon Smoke BBQ
15 Ugly's Texas Style BBQ
16 Pikeman BBQ
17 Smoke Peddlers
18 Utah Smoke
19 Rub my Meat
20 2 Pigs Smokin'
21 Tumbleweed BBQ
22 Tubby's Smokin' Q
23 Big Pig Parade
24 M.O.A.B.
25 Rub me Tender

Chicken:
1 M.O.A.B.
2 Checkerd Pig
3 Otis and the Bird
4 Patio Daddio BBQ
5 Ugly's Texas Style BBQ
6 Black Iron BBQ
7 Smokin' Hot Sistahs
8 Hi - I - Que
9 Oh Kay Cee's Backyard BB
10 Dragon Smoke BBQ
11 Pikeman BBQ
12 Rhythm 'n Que
13 Big Pig Parade
14 Big Hole BBQ
15 Tumbleweed BBQ
16 Pitmaster BarBque Compan
17 Get Q'd
18 Smoke Peddlers
19 Tubby's Smokin' Q
20 O.O.P.S
21 Utah Smoke
22 Smokin' Triggers
23 Rub my Meat
24 2 Pigs Smokin'

Ribs:
1 Utah Smoke
2 Otis and the Bird
3 O.O.P.S
4 Rhythm 'n Que
5 Smoke Peddlers
6 Smokin' Triggers
7 Checkerd Pig
8 Pikeman BBQ
9 Pitmaster BarBque Compan
10 Get Q'd
11 Patio Daddio BBQ
12 Oh Kay Cee's Backyard BB
13 Big Hole BBQ
14 Dragon Smoke BBQ
15 Tumbleweed BBQ
16 2 Pigs Smokin'
17 Black Iron BBQ
18 Hi - I - Que
19 Ugly's Texas Style BBQ
20 Smokin' Hot Sistahs
21 Rub me Tender
22 M.O.A.B.
23 Tubby's Smokin' Q
24 Rub my Meat
25 Big Pig Parade

Pork:
1 Rhythm 'n Que
2 Smokin' Triggers
3 O.O.P.S
4 Checkerd Pig
5 Otis and the Bird
6 Rub my Meat
7 Pitmaster BarBque Compan
8 Ugly's Texas Style BBQ
9 Smoke Peddlers
10 Black Iron BBQ
11 Hi - I - Que
12 Dragon Smoke BBQ
13 Get Q'd
14 Oh Kay Cee's Backyard BB
15 Big Hole BBQ
16 Smokin' Hot Sistahs
17 Tubby's Smokin' Q
18 Utah Smoke
19 Patio Daddio BBQ
20 2 Pigs Smokin'
21 Tumbleweed BBQ
22 Big Pig Parade
23 Pikeman BBQ

Brisket:
1 Pitmaster BarBque Compan
2 Smokin' Triggers
3 Smokin' Hot Sistahs
4 Checkerd Pig
5 Patio Daddio BBQ
6 Otis and the Bird
7 Rhythm 'n Que
8 Hi - I - Que
9 Rub my Meat
10 Big Pig Parade
11 O.O.P.S
12 Big Hole BBQ
13 Get Q'd
14 Pikeman BBQ
15 Black Iron BBQ
16 2 Pigs Smokin'
17 Oh Kay Cee's Backyard BB
18 Dragon Smoke BBQ
19 Tubby's Smokin' Q
20 Ugly's Texas Style BBQ
21 Smoke Peddlers
22 Tumbleweed BBQ
23 Utah Smoke
24 Rub me Tender
08-23-2008 06:22 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

Well, another fine RnR is in the books, and I still love the venue and the comp, despite the Health Department cracking down on sampling. Thanks once again to Joe, Lyle, "Gallivan Chick" (sorry, I don't know her name), and all the behind-the-scenes folks who make this happen.

To compete against that field is indeed a pleasure. Thanks Slow Joe for the kind words, but the Pitmasters BBQ team from Idaho Falls (I think) are really doing well, and they should be very proud indeed. Of course we both represent Idaho, so you know we're bringin' home some hardware. :shock: :wink: Big Grin

Congrats to all that placed, and to those who poured their hearts into their pits this weekend. Thanks also to Dr. Mike (Hoochie) for the Popsicle Tour. I won't ask why a dentist is passing out frozen sugar water, but, hey, it was cold. :wink: Smile It's always fun in SLC!

I look forward to seeing some of you on our home turf this weekend. You'd better eat two bowls of Wheaties, pack a lunch, and bring help, because it's gonna be a long weekend. Big Grin

John
08-24-2008 09:58 PM
Arlie Bragg Offline

Come on T, what happen. I gave you all my winning recipes, trained you how to do them and you didnt come through for me. Do I need to come back out and help you. Maybe you need new shoes. Did you pour the jack daniels over the wood like I told you?

Arlie
08-25-2008 07:57 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Arlie, one thing that I will never do again my friend is cook for a certification class the night before a competition. I was dead tired. Six or seven hours sleep in three days wow. The media came to me for an interview I yawned and never closed my mouth, and they said next time Ok "T" LOL. It was my choice to do it so no excuse. If you ever see me doing that again call the police because I am at gun point. I will get my rest this week and it's on to Boise. I can't wait for you and Ed to square off. I might just show up for that one buddy, shoes or no shoes. Thanks to all of the sistahs and brothers that made this event possible, thanks to my sponsor es Camp Chef and to Smith's Foods and Kingsford Charcoals for there donation of charcoals for the cooks. Thanks to Norm and Linda for stepping up to make this a qualifier, and congrats on a great call you guys. Mike you tried to revive me with the Popsicle, but I'm afraid it was a little to late, I felt like round 11 with Mike Tyson, that was a great thought anyway Mike, thanks. Congrats to all that got a call, Vic and Annissa great job in dessert. Hope all that traveled made it back safe and looking forward to seeing some of you in Boise and Grand Junction. Once again thanks to all have a great week and travel safe. Arlie you be good? Utah BBQ baby!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
08-25-2008 09:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Jaybird Offline

Hey, congrats to T for taking first place in ribs!!! T, you took first place against the best rib cooker in America!!....Johnny Trigg! That's somethin to be proud of! Smile

Otis and the Bird BBQ Team
08-25-2008 09:56 AM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Way to go everyone!!! Utah can hold their own with anyone in the Q world!

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
08-25-2008 10:06 AM
Jaybird Offline

Many thanks to all for this contest. Extremely well organized. Thanks to the 4 people that took good care of us cooks...You know who you are. Utah bbq folks are awesome! Hope to see some of you at Grand Junction. Big Grin

Otis and the Bird BBQ Team
08-25-2008 10:43 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Hey all, I'm back, well sorta. Congrats on the showing everyone. What about the desserts, sides, etc? What was the outcome there?
The knee is coming along. Been in home P.T. for 2 weeks now and start out patient for 2 weeks today. 3x a week. Hurts a bit still, but I can get along better on one crutch now than before the replacement. The wife says my legs look like the letter "D" where as before "O" was the letter associated with the legs.
Good luck to all where ever you venture. Skinny Boys will return next season.
Gene

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
08-25-2008 10:58 AM
Unregistered

T;p="11175 Wrote:Arlie, one thing that I will never do again my friend is cook for a certification class the night before a competition. I was dead tired. Six or seven hours sleep in three days wow. The media came to me for an interview I yawned and never closed my mouth, and they said next time Ok "T" LOL. It was my choice to do it so no excuse.

My hat is definitely off to T.... He has been at - what is it now - 3-4 comps back to back over the past 3-4 weeks... Which definitely gets wearisome... Then cooks for the judging class the night before the RNR, so that we can turn out some sorely needed new judges... And then goes out there and still takes a 1st in ribs running on way past dead tired, just a 1/2 block away from exhaustion?

Not all "champions" always make the stage... But they are out there... And stage or not, they are still "champions"...

Hoochie
08-25-2008 11:08 AM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Good to hear you're on the mend, come on out and play as son as you can, I for one have missed your happy smiling face and sunny personality!

They kick your a$$ on those rehab mats and machines, so be sure to get plenty of rest on your days off, they don't quit on busting on you, until they think you've done enough for the day.

Becci took the Dessert award, (I think), Vic and Annissa took one too, not sure about the third award.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
08-25-2008 11:10 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Three4Que Offline

My congrats to ALL that got called and especially to those that walked!! Smile After judging I was able to walk around and visit with many of you, I even drooled over some of the Rigs and gadgets you great cooks use. Big Grin There were many good turn ins and some great ones. The Q at this competition was my first judging experience and well worth it. Again, congrats to ALL you great cooks!!!! It was good meeting T, Lyle, Joe, Otis, Mr. Trigg, OOPs, Big Hole, OhKayCee and many others I'm ashamed I forgot their names. :oops:
Thanks also to Ed Roith and Larry King for coming out from KC. Good to meet you both as well.

Since this was my first time to this event, kudos to the sponsors, promotors, cooks, support staff and all the others who made this possible. I'll be back next year, but as a cook! :twisted:

KCBS Certified Judge Smoking on UDS, WSM and Kingsford Grill
Smokin' Critters BBQ Team
08-25-2008 11:14 AM
norm Offline

I definitely echo what has already been said. I can't begin to explain the excitement and graditude Linda and I feel having got our first walk. Thanks T and Beci for taking on Mike Tyson once again for the team. Thanks everyone for their help. Thanks Jay and Monica for the ribs, one day I'll learn to listen to T on how to cook 'em, but man rollin' in at 6:45 the day of to set up, scared me right on to that crutch. Tubby helped us figure out which bone pieces went with which meat pieces. (It was like rib archeology). Carla your apron says it best, BBQ sauce hides a multitude of sins.BTW thanks for helping to teach us how to cook chicken. Thanks for all the help of our competition neighbors. Pikeman, I hope I have your energy at your age, but I don't even have it now. :shock: I wish I could congratulate and thank each and every one of you individually, but I'll save it for when I see ya' down the Q road.... :wink:
Norm(or Jason, just don't call me late for turn in's Smile )

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
08-25-2008 11:31 AM
VisionQuest220 Offline

We had a great time this weekend and really appreciate all the effort that Joe, Lyle and the rest of their team put in to make this contest happen. We also appreciate the folks at Kingsford donating charcoal and to the Popsicle Delivery Man. Wow, what a great thing to do!

Congratulations to M.O.A.B., Utah Smoke and Pitmaster BarBque Company for their 1st Place calls in the categories and to Checkerd Pig and Otis and the Bird for GC and RGC calls. It is an honor and a pleasure to cook with and against the collection of teams assembled, including the 2-time World Champions Smokin' Triggers.

Utah has been very good to our team this year and we'll definitely be back in 2009 for both Snowbird and the Rock 'n Ribs!

Rhythm 'n QUE
All WSMs . . . All The Time!
08-25-2008 12:03 PM
Pitmaster Offline

Once again- we had a great time! It was great to go against some stiff competition and meet some great people! Thanks T for the judging class and letting me sleep in the parking lot. You and Becci are great hosts! Thanks for making us feel welcome. I was surprised to get the call for brisket, since it was 170 degrees at 3:00am and I thought we had screwed the pooch. Fortunately we were able to resurrect it and breathe life back into it. We had a fun year and look forward to next year. Thanks everyone.
Rob & Family
Pitmaster BarBque Company
Idaho Falls,ID
08-25-2008 01:19 PM
okcbbq Offline

What a great event...cooking in downtown of SLC Big Grin Big Grin Good job to all the teams that got to take the walk. Otis and the Bird and Rhythm n Que can you all take next weekend off :wink: :wink: see you all in Taylor!!
08-25-2008 06:47 PM
Arlie Bragg Offline

Since this contest was not a qualifier is there another contest that was other than Snowbird? If not Trigg walks on to the Jack from Utah!

Arlie
08-26-2008 06:35 PM
VisionQuest220 Offline

Arlie, who decided that it was not a qualifier?

Rhythm 'n QUE
08-26-2008 07:02 PM
Arlie Bragg Offline

this was a 2nd year sanctioned cookoff , right? Has the rules changed or do you not have to cook all 4 categories?
Arlie
08-26-2008 08:04 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

This was the last year I will be judging the RNR. Don't look for me a the table next year.......there's way to much fun happening down the steps! I've always had more fun making "Q" than eating it.
08-26-2008 10:28 PM
Unregistered

It's a third-year sanctioned competition and, as I read the Jack rules (admittedly a technicality), a competitor must cook three categories -- pork, chicken and brisket.

"To be a qualifying contest for The 20th Annual Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational Barbecue, the categories of pork, chicken, and beef brisket must be cooked."

John
08-26-2008 10:31 PM
Arlie Bragg Offline

So you are saying it wasnt a qualifier because two categories did not have the required 25 teams, Right? I am confussed!!!!
08-26-2008 11:15 PM
Unregistered

No, as I read it, there was only one missing category -- brisket. All teams cooked "pork" (ribs and/or butt) and chicken.

John
08-26-2008 11:18 PM
VisionQuest220 Offline

John posted part of the text from the qualifying critera. Here it is in it's entirety:

[i]20th Annual Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue
October 24-25, 2008
Lynchburg, Tennessee

The Jack Daniel’s World Championship Invitational Barbecue is a competition like none other in the world.
• It is solely “by invitation onlyâ€

Rhythm 'n QUE
08-26-2008 11:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RNR Results Guest 20 5,071 09-01-2009 06:45 PM
Last Post: VisionQuest220
  Let's Pump Up RnR! Guest 1 641 07-22-2008 10:17 AM
Last Post: Guest