Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hole-Q Thanks
NDG Offline
Managing Member

Hole-Q Thanks
Just wanted to thank all those who had a hand in making the HOLE-Q happen. It was a fun event and we (The Half Baked Hippies) cant wait till next year. Also want to thank the other teams that took their time to come over and share their knowledge and ideas on BBQ, that is what makes a good event GREAT, GREAT PEOPLE. Thanks Again

The Half Baked Hippies

Jamie Boyle Big Grin
Dave Grover :twisted:

David Grover
Smoking on the "Yellow Submarine"
Peace Heart BBQ

Utah BBQ Managing Member / Certified KCBS Judge
10-03-2010 08:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LadyFrankenswine Offline

Re: HOLE-Q THANKS
I would like to add a thank you to everyone who competed and made this a qualifier for the Jack Daniels. I would also like to thank all the Backyard Teams who competed and some who moved up to pro so we could have a qualifier. You all did a great job and I look forward to seeing you at future competitions!
10-03-2010 09:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: HOLE-Q THANKS
I'll be more than happy to thank in no particular order, all the teams both Backyard and Pro, the Sponsors, the Judges, the Organization, the Managing Members, Brian and James for all their hard work and without whom it all wouldn't have happened.

The other folks I'd like to thank are Racheall and Kristina for their work on the days of the competition, I know that I wouldn't be able to cook and do the work they do at the same time, and I'd like to acknowledge the effort they put in to make things flow better at each competition they help out at.

Thanks to one and all that put personal struggles aside, to make this the first qualifier for the American Royal and Jack Daniels invitational (draw) competitions for 2011, WTG everyone! :lol:

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
10-03-2010 10:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mrcourtneyw Offline

Re: Hole-Q Thanks
So....What were the results?

Courtney Wallace
The Q Spot BBQ Co. North Logan, UT
Smokin' on (2) WSM's, KCBS Member, CBJ
2010 Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
10-03-2010 10:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo, I would first like to thank James and Brian for hosting this competition. Second of all to the girls for running it, and I might add they have gotten pretty darn good at it. Love ya both! Thanks to all of the teams that made this qualifier happen. Just think guys it all came together within a month and a half. Thanks to the sponsors for their sponsorship, and they have pledged to be behind us for next year. After seeing and feeling the vibe at the pot luck, one sponsor said to me, this is really neat, even though you guys are competing against each other, I can't believe the love between all, count me in for what ever you need. One even commented that it was like a family reunion and in a sense it is! Thanks to the judges for the support through out the year and I hope you all know that you are always welcome. Now I will take a deep breath and tell you ladies, gentlemen and children that form the teams of this wonderful organization, the following: From the bottom of my heart and those of you that KNOW me, I know you can feel me, thank you so much for believing in us and without you guys we would be nothing. Thanks for your sacrifices, especially those of the managing members. It takes countless hours of work to gather sponsorship, secure a location, legal documentation etc. Thanks to our out of state support especially from OOOPS Bob and Louise Sammons, that travel from Grand Junction, Colorado, to make it happen for the love of us. This is our golf game and it will grow next year. We had four competitions this year and one returning for next year, Rock n Ribs, now that construction has been competed. It is already on the KCBS calendar as sanctioned, great huh? We will be holding elections as promised. The managing members have spent the entire year getting things into place for the election. We realize that most don't have the funding to travel to and fro to competitions out of state, but it's about all of us, together, so we will continue our efforts so all can play in the sand box. We will try, possibly, to get one more pot luck together with all before the weather gets too bad. Watch the forum everyone and thanks again for everything from myself and my Becci. "Success is not found in what you have achieved, but rather in who you have become".

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
10-04-2010 05:27 PM
Brian Offline

I want to chime in and offer my thanks to a bunch of people as well. The Sponsors who came forth and made the event the such a success: Pacific Rails Credit Union, Jazz Bear, and Electric Beach. Also, thanks to the teams for rearranging their schedules and goals, in some cases, to come out and make this a qualifier for next year. Judges, you too are to be thanked, especially for having to endure all the SPAM dishes!! Volunteers, thank you for your efforts in keeping the event under control.

Without all of you who participated in the First Annual Hole-Q this would have not been the success it came to be.

THANK YOU !!

DRAGON SMOKE BBQ
KCBS BBQ judge
http://www.brianbaitystudio.com
Sponsored by: Original Charcoal Company (http://www.originalcharcoal.com) Lofte's Private Club and Restaurant
10-07-2010 10:07 AM