Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Montana State Championship info
Tim Schreiber Offline

Montana State Championship info
All -

I want to let you all know about our championship cookoff that we have in Stevensville, MT. I know that one of our local teams has been down to some of your events and he wanted me to extend an invitation to all of you to join us in Stevensville this year.

This year will be our 7th Annual Montana State Championship, "Smokin' In The Root", which has been an automatic qualifying event for the American Royal and the Jack for the last 6 years. It occurs in conjunction with the Bitterroot Valley's largest community event, the Creamery Picnic, which is in its 96th year this year. The dates are Friday August 1st and Saturday August 2nd and it will be in Stevensville, which is approximately 30 miles south of Missoula in the western part of the state. Events this year include a parade, kids' parade, car show, 3-on-3 basketball tournament, brew fest, live entertainment Friday night and all day Saturday and Saturday night, all-valley teen dance, kids games, and, of course, the BBQ competition. The BBQ competition is one of the main events of the weekend that the locals look forward to experiencing every year.

One of the biggest advantages of this competition is that you are able to sell your BBQ to the public, which help teams recoup expenses for both travel and the competition. In the last 2 years, there has been a total of $20,000 of BBQ sold each year.

To find out more about our event and to view pictures of last year, visit <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.creamerypicnic.com">www.creamerypicnic.com</a><!-- w -->. There is a registration form available on the website that explains payouts and turn-in times. If you have any questions, please contact me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tims@farmersebank.com">tims@farmersebank.com</a><!-- e --> or 406-777-7210. I could also get you in touch with some previous competitors so you can talk with them about our competition as well.

Thank you,

Tim Schreiber
"Smokin' In The 'Root" Chairman
04-30-2008 09:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: Montana State Championship info
Thanks for the info, I've put it on the calendar as well.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
05-01-2008 09:33 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

It's on my calendar also! and I have printed the reg. form and ran a mapquest on it! An easy 7 hr. run from here in Star, Id.

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
05-01-2008 10:33 AM
Brian Offline

Very cool, thanks for letting us know. The drive isn't too bad from SLC. I will mention it to the team and see what they think.

DRAGON SMOKE BBQ
KCBS BBQ judge
http://www.brianbaitystudio.com
Sponsored by: Original Charcoal Company (http://www.originalcharcoal.com) Lofte's Private Club and Restaurant
05-01-2008 11:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Tim, would have loved to be able to come to your event, but unfortunately August is a full month for me. Every weekend after yours I have a competition, Fire Water & Ice BBQ Challenge, Worland Wyoming, Rock in Ribs, followed by Boise, Idaho. I was set up in Worland next to one of the cooks that had competed in your event last year, and said the he enjoyed it. Yours was his first competition. Here's one for ya Tim, I guess QN4U helped him some with his boxes at your comp, and my son and I helped him at Worland. When I met him there he said " I just want to beat one team here so I won't come in last like I did in Montana" We placed 7th overall out of I think 27 teams and guess who placed 8th, your right, I was happier than he was. Thought I would share, because you no doubt remember him?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef Sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
05-01-2008 01:58 PM
Unregistered

Tim,

Thanks for the information. I'm adding this comp to my short list.

John
05-01-2008 04:04 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Tim Schreiber Offline

T -

I do remember him. Glad to hear that he did well. I thought he was a nice person, although I have yet to meet a BBQ'er that I don't like.

Glad to see interest in our competition from some new teams. I always like to see new faces.

Tim
05-01-2008 08:16 PM