Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone interested in splitting a pallet of pellets?
Sexy Mexican Offline

Anyone interested in splitting a pallet of pellets?
I learned several things at the recent Meat & Greet. First and foremost: I need to practice!

There were threads a while back about folks going in together on a bulk order of pellets. I'm unsure from the posts if it actually happened. Is there still any interest in doing this? If needed, I'd be happy to do the legwork, calculate the costs, and make the necessary arrangments (someone may already have this part done).

If you're committed, interested, or even mildly curious, you can post here, send a PM, yell it out your window, or call my cell (435-232-0525). Thanks.

"Yo Quiero BBQ!"
04-27-2008 09:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Re: Anyone interested in splitting a pallet of pellets?
I would be Interested in doing it.
04-27-2008 09:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

What kind were you looking at? I was sold on Fast Eddie pellets but I'm right now burning 100% pellets from Cookinpellets and they smell great. They seem to be going over big with the fellows at Pellet Heads forum.
04-27-2008 01:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sexy Mexican Offline

I have also been looking at Cookinpellets. I guess that's a good question for those who want to participate. Which brand of pellets would you like?

Cookinpellets ships them in 40 lb. bags, with a minimum bulk order of 800 lbs. We can mix and match bags of whichever flavors we want.
For a price reference, they sell a 40 lb. bag of hickory pellets for $23.20 plus shipping. For a bulk order, we need to contact them with our order and they'll let us know what the shipping charges would be.

Galo

"Yo Quiero BBQ!"
04-27-2008 04:44 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

I used cookinpellets today in an FEC100 for a 7 hour brisket cook. I noticed that the whole time I had smoke whereas blended pellets would burn with a small flame most the time. I looked in at the 4 hour mark and the firepot was overflowed with smoldering pellets. I used a small hoe and cleared the pile up and the temp shot up to 300 degrees so I guess they caught fire. I'm going to give it another go with an empty chamber to get a handle on what's happening. At this point until I figure this out, I would lean forwards Fast Eddie's pellets. They have a good track record in the comps.
04-27-2008 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Sorry, but I don't have a pellet stove. Big Grin :shock:

John
04-28-2008 09:33 AM
Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

PatioDaddio;p="8916 Wrote:Sorry, but I don't have a pellet stove. Big Grin :shock:

John

Watch it there Patio! My kitchen stove doesn't run on pellets! GE doesn't make such a beast Tongue

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
04-28-2008 05:45 PM
Unregistered

PackerBacker;p="8927 Wrote:Watch it there Patio! My kitchen stove doesn't run on pellets! GE doesn't make such a beast Tongue
No, but your workshop does. :wink: Smile

John
04-28-2008 10:26 PM
Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

And thats where it will stay! kinda looks like a frig. now doesn't it 8)

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
04-28-2008 11:19 PM
BBQSki Offline

.....I just ordered 2000 pounds from BBQrs delight......the shipping cost more than the pellets. But even with the shipping I got them far cheaper than retail. I would ordered your pallet sooner than later as gas is about to go through the roof!
04-29-2008 10:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Traeger Pellets Bulk Order - Anyone interested? woodsdog 13 5,008 03-27-2009 08:45 PM
Last Post: Larry Jacobs