Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
fire wood
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

fire wood
Attention all you sick burners. I meant to do this last night but I forgot, sorry. Between the Highway Patrol weigh station and the rest stop, North Bound I-15 east side of the freeway in Perry, (Brigham City) someone has tore out their whole orchard. :evil: Hundreds of trees. I do not know the species, best guess....... peach. But maybe cherry or apricot. There was a big trackhoe on the property 4:30 pm-ish. To dark to see it this morning. Access would be from Hwy 89 in Perry west toward the freeway. Wish I had access to a pellet maker. Sad Just to build more houses. :evil:

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-24-2008 12:26 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Re: fire wood
If we made it into saw dust and fed it to a rabbit.............
04-24-2008 12:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

What if... termites bred with rabbits? Think that'd work? Nah.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-24-2008 02:43 PM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Hey Gene, think you could obtain an address or name of the site? I'm still using whole wood in my smoker, so a downed orchard is right up my alley. I would love to add to my pile. Smile
04-25-2008 08:27 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

On the way home from Vics' last night I did some backtracking on this decimated orchard. Exit the freeway at either the Smith and Edwards exit or the Willard Bay exit, (by Flying J), then go North to 3000 So Hwy 89. Turn left, it's not to well marked, go west to the Perry City hall on 1200 West then right, ( North), 1/2 block then left, (West) toward the freeway, across a set of R.R. tracks just to the freeway you'll see the trees all piled up to your left. I did not see anyone around in the neighborhoods that were outside so I didn't ask anyone who the owner might be. Perry city # is 435-723-6461, perhaps someone there may know. Luck on that. There were 2 other partial orchards down for some time it appeared, one right behind the old Hwy. Patrol weigh station on 89 about a mile? N. of S&E. then another one farther north on the right side of Hwy 89.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-27-2008 08:58 PM