Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pork Chop Delight on the BDS
T Offline
Posting Freak

Pork Chop Delight on the BDS
Yo guys, a few of you have been asking me to post this particular way that I prepare my thick cut chops, well here we go. Have your butcher cut you some nice boneless chops about 1 inch thick, a couple of red onions, some assorted green, red, and yellow peppers. A couple of cans of whole pineapple slices reserving the juice. One bottle of teriyaki sauce, and T's Steak and Chop seasoning sold here at the restaurant, or use your favorite seasoning.

[Image: 1.jpg]

Season your chops well and don't forget to get the edges
[Image: 2.jpg]

Add two slicees of red onions

[Image: 3.jpg]

Now it's time for the 2 pineapple slices remember to save your juice.

[Image: 4.jpg]

Here comes more beautiful color and added flavor with the peppers.

[Image: 5.jpg]

Now you want to add 2 tbls of teriyaki sauce, and 2 tbls of pinapple juice across the top from end to end of your creation.

[Image: 6.jpg]

As I was putting this together those of you in Utah will recognize from channel 2 TV, Weather man Stirling Poulson, a good friend for years, who stopped by to say hi.

[Image: 7.jpg]

Make a pocket made of heavey duty foil, and you don't want the very important juices to escape, so make it tight.

[Image: 8.jpg]

I chose to use my trusty BDS, but these can also be prepared in the oven or on a grill. "BDS in the house baby"

[Image: 9.jpg]

After about 1.5 hours at 250 my dish was ready at an internal temp of 160. I choose this because the meat is done, and your juisces don't burn, your vegatables along with the fruit maintain there true flavores. I realize everyone has their own personal preference for pork in this case it's mine.

[Image: 10.jpg]

Here is the final presentation bedded on steamed rice, I some times use wild rice. Notice the juices were spread from the top of the dish to the bottom onto the rice, simply fantastic. I you would like just a little smoke flavor, towards the end of the cook open your pouch to add your favorite smoke flavor, in this case it was Hickory for me, but all work well. My family and crew love this dish. Enjoy my brothers.

[Image: 11.jpg]

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef Sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
04-23-2008 01:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Pork Chop Delight on the BDS
T, you owe me a keyboard... It's your fault that I drooled all over this one and ruined it... 8) Oh, and I've heard about that chop dust, is it really any good?

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
04-23-2008 02:10 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
tex-mex / Idaho Offline

T,
If I wasn't planning on being an the "Meat n'Greet" this week-end I know what I would be cooking at home.
Oh well, I will just have to wait till next week.
Those chops just look so goooooooooddddd!!!!!!!
Thanks for sharing, U da Man !!!

I am smoking a brisket on friday, as I canot make it to Utah before noon, any chance you will have a little space for me to warm it??

omar / tex-mex
04-23-2008 05:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Omar, don't worry about it bro, I have plenty of room on my cooker, hope you don't mind useing an off set LOL? Once again bro, I know it was lost in the March crash of the site, but congratulations once again on winning the Dutch Oven World Championships. Should be a fun packed day Saturday and thanks for making the trip from Idaho.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef Sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
04-24-2008 09:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply