Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Bandits in Park City
Brian Offline

Bandits in Park City
I just reread the review of Slow Joes and thought I might offer a review of a recent visit to Bandits in Park City. As my sister and her husband live in Fruitland, Utah my family usually picks a spot between there and Salt Lake to meet for family gatherings. This restaraunt was chosen becuase it was open on Sunday.

I struggle to find anything good or even humorous to say about the place. Service was mediocre and the meat a disgrace to the word barbeque. The sides were truly the best part of the meal, none of them stand out, they were just better than the rest of the food. The ribs were finished on a grill to give them that look of a rib we think was qued or at least grilled. However, carbon is not a flavor I am fond of. They serve Tri-tip which I imagine was supposed to have been grilled but it was anemic and flavorless. The pork loin was overcooked and dry. The sauce (only one choice on the table) was nothing to talk about. Now for the brisket, it was pulled, not sliced, and the sauce they put on it was TOO sweet for anyone at the table. I have eaten pancakes that were not as sweet as this overcooked nightmare. I made the comment that I would not make the effort to bring home the leftover brisket to my dog if I had one. I will not return.

In an effort to end this on a positive note, the french fries were not greasy and the sweet potato side offering was the highlight of the meal.

DRAGON SMOKE BBQ
KCBS BBQ judge
http://www.brianbaitystudio.com
Sponsored by: Original Charcoal Company (http://www.originalcharcoal.com) Lofte's Private Club and Restaurant
04-22-2008 06:14 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Re: Bandits in Park City
Ouch!
04-22-2008 07:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

I'm a little slow Brian, are you saying it was great or just good 8)

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
04-22-2008 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GBQ Offline

Brian after reading your review, Bandits, is a good name for the place.They just stole your money!! Now tell us what you really think of the place.

Gary
OU812BBQ
KCBS Certified Judge
04-22-2008 01:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Park City contest? Nayehiya 4 1,319 10-10-2007 05:14 PM
Last Post: Guest