Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Weber Smokey Mountain Smokers
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Weber Smokey Mountain Smokers
WSM's on sale, and you wont find any cheaper!! $199.00 free shipping at Amazon.com. Get 'm while there on sale folks, that price wont last more that 2-3days! If you order today, you will have it by wednesday and have it for the Meet and Greet

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
04-21-2008 08:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sexy Mexican Offline

Re: Weber Smokey Mountain Smokers
Thanks Dave! We've now added a WSM to our Sexy Mexican arsenal (my brother bought it). Now, we just have to figure out how to use it :? Saturday seems like a good day for experimenting. This probably won't deflect any of the pellet-pooper taunting, but at least it makes us a little more rounded (in more than physique, that is). Que viva el humo! (long live the smoke!)

"Yo Quiero BBQ!"
04-21-2008 10:04 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Dave I ordered 90 pounds of pellets from the pellet guy (cookinpellets.com) via Fedex after Fast Freddie claimed they were the best he has tried. They are the ones that come in a jug. It costs $54.00 to ship $70.00 worth of pellets. I'll give a report on how they do this weekend.
04-21-2008 10:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Right on Galo! Big Grin Wait a minute!!!!!! I thought you were on the "dark side"? Tongue It will be interesting to see which side you stay on :wink: You know you can come over and visit us anytime....

Enjoy your Toy's

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
04-22-2008 07:53 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Dave, today I bring "Showtime" out of storage, and I am a happy camper.
Let the brother Gallo try to be the best that he can be in both areas. I know that your just kidding him. He wants to learn and cover all techniques to Q. I think it's great that he has the passion for BBQ. I really enjoyed him Saturday along with everyone else. Getting ready to post the information, and details of Fire Water and Ice should be up befor the weekend. Jason [NORM] you've go a PM. Check this out, had a broker stop by the other day and ask if I would be interested in buying a case of chicken feet, if not would I be interested in a case of OX LIPS? Dave I do believe that you have a recipe for OX LIPS? If you still have it would you please post it, I'm sure there is some interest. There has been some question between some of the cooks as to not having enough food for the meet and great, well I can give you a guarantee as to having enough if you buy that case of OX LIPS LOL.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef Sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
04-22-2008 08:34 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brian Offline

How much is a case of ox lips? Ox lip fatties?

DRAGON SMOKE BBQ
KCBS BBQ judge
http://www.brianbaitystudio.com
Sponsored by: Original Charcoal Company (http://www.originalcharcoal.com) Lofte's Private Club and Restaurant
04-23-2008 06:51 AM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Brian;p="8808 Wrote:How much is a case of ox lips? Ox lip fatties?

Man I don't know....... it has been awhile, well before I met Dana! I have tried to get them in the house ( The lips.... not the whole ox) :lol: but she wants nothing to do with them. The best I can remember,is that a case of "uppers" had more in it, than a case of "lowers" makes sense I guess, cause the lowers are bigger.

The chicken feet, now thats scary, I don't think that right at all, You have to remember where and what they walk in :shock:

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
04-23-2008 07:44 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

So Packer Backer, does that mean you don't eat eggs either?

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-23-2008 10:30 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Dave, just checked with the broker that had the exotic meats and you can or anyone else get a 50 lb. case of chicken feet or ox lips, uppers and bottoms for $50.00 each. He also told me today that he has a case of Turkey tails for $15.00. Maybe we can raise some money at the meet and greet by giving samples for donations LOL?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef Sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
04-23-2008 11:25 AM
norm Offline

Thanks Packer,
I took the plunge and ordered two of WSM's. Great price. It's seems the PM isn't working.

M.O.A.B. -the Mother Of All Barbeque
KCBS certified judges
04-23-2008 12:36 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Right on Norm!!! You will love them, noth'n finer than a bright and shinny WSM, right Pattio Daddio :wink:

Yo T, can you call the broker, find out the sell by date on those cases? I hate to order any not knowing if I will be getting bad lips or stinky feet! Also ask him how many feet are in a 50 lb case, I may have to split a case with ya

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
04-23-2008 02:28 PM
BBQMama Offline

Well ... WSM number 4 is on it's way. Along with a new Maverick therm ... and ... maybe a few other BBQ "necessities" :oops:

At least I know I'm surrounded by folks who understand.

So excited to not have to shuffle meats during competitions now!!!!!

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
04-23-2008 04:10 PM
Unregistered

PackerBacker;p="8825 Wrote:You will love them, noth'n finer than a bright and shinny WSM, right Pattio Daddio :wink:
Ahhhh yeah! Like my tagline says, if you love it, ya gotta rub it [with Simple Green]. Smile Cars run better clean, and WSMs cook better clean. It has to do with the quanta of the paint and the thermodynamics of cylindrical voids. :wink:

John
04-23-2008 05:04 PM
Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

PatioDaddio;p="8828 Wrote:
PackerBacker;p="8825 Wrote:You will love them, noth'n finer than a bright and shinny WSM, right Pattio Daddio :wink:
Ahhhh yeah! Like my tagline says, if you love it, ya gotta rub it [with Simple Green]. Smile Cars run better clean, and WSMs cook better clean. It has to do with the quanta of the paint and the thermodynamics of cylindrical voids. :wink:

John

I agree clean is good! food tastes better, and the cooker or pit makes it look appealing to the public! Nasty looking equipment that we cook on, is no different than a bad restraunt that we dine in

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
04-23-2008 06:24 PM
Crazy Cajun Offline

Hold on T and PackerBacker!

Now, where did you say I can get those lips and feets?
I'm think'in Friday night Potlucks! Any OX tongue available?

(PS folks, tongue really is good if you can get over the idea)

CC

Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler
Certified KCBS Judge
04-23-2008 07:08 PM
tex-mex / Idaho Offline

(PS folks, tongue really is good if you can get over the idea)

Sexy Mex, you out there? how about some Tripas, for these folks>>>>>>>>>>

tex-mex
04-23-2008 08:37 PM
Unregistered

tex-mex / Idaho;p="8836 Wrote:(PS folks, tongue really is good if you can get over the idea)

Sexy Mex, you out there? how about some Tripas, for these folks>>>>>>>>>>

tex-mex

C'mon, Tex-Mex... You can surely do better than that... How about some real barbacoa?? Will never forget what I saw staring up at me real late one night while out having just a little too good of a time in San Antonio... Wandered into a little tex-mex joint that was a favorite of a friend of mine from dental school around 3 in the morning... He ordered the barbacoa for me... I had no idea what it was... What I thought was a baked potato wrapped in foil turned out to be everything but that :shock: ... Have to admit, though, it was pretty darn tasty once I got past "the look"...
04-23-2008 10:28 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Sexy Mexican Offline

Man! All this talk of bits and parts is making me hungry! I grew up eating 'tripas' off the grill. It's a meal with an adventure. My dad would put them on, and every once in a while, as they would cook, a section would explode, sending gut-shrapnel everywhere. Good times Tongue . On a related note, anyone out there like chorizo & eggs? That's a breakfast with a little attitude! For those of you that may not know, chorizo is a sausage made from tongue, lymph nodes, salivary glands, and cheek. In most cultures, parts is parts is parts!

"Yo Quiero BBQ!"
04-24-2008 08:40 AM
tex-mex / Idaho Offline

Hey,
I am still a newbie to the group, I figured to start slow and then work up to the good stuff !! Smile

tex-mex

see ya saturday
04-24-2008 09:45 AM
Swine Steward Offline

Chorizo and eggs are a great breakfast. For myself, I prefer the beef chorizo. The pork verision is tasty, but even I have limits when it comes to grease with my breakfast.

Its difficult to get some good chorizo in Idaho. This is Basque country, so chorizo around can be different. Cook up one of these and serve it in a bun like a hot dog.
04-24-2008 11:31 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Weber Smokey Mountain 22.5" Lucky 13 3 444 03-02-2014 05:22 PM
Last Post: Lucky 13