Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Anyone have a Traeger 75 they want to sell?
Sexy Mexican Offline

Anyone have a Traeger 75 they want to sell?
I've never been accused of going into things half-heartedly. Here I am waiting on my first KCBS-approved smoker to arrive, and I'm already looking for my second! In planning everything that I want to do (comps, family reunions, church activities, etc..), I'm gonna need more smoke.

I've been looking at the Traeger Texas (075) with the Digital Thermostat. Before I buy a new one, however, I'm wondering if anyone out there has one that they want to sell. I know that getting rid of a smoker is tantamount to blasphemy in most instances, but just think, this is an opportunity to make room in your garage (and pocketbook) for an even larger smoker!

If you have one that you aren't using, and are interested in placing it in a good home, then please send a PM, or email me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:galo.ramirez@hotmail.com">galo.ramirez@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->. Thanks!
04-13-2008 08:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Re: Anyone have a Traeger 75 they want to sell?
traeger is a good choice Sexy. I Started out with a BBQ70. I moved up to a 125 last year and I also own a commerical unit I use for competition. The guys here on the site will give you a lot of crap about being a Pellet pooper but that because their just jelous of all the sleep we get at comps. :wink: Try talking to Gene. He use to be a Traeger dealer. He might have one left. I can also talk to my freind here in ogden I think he might have a used 75 he wants to unload.
04-13-2008 09:45 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Nope, no grills left. I use a 75 @ home, a 70 for small demos, it'll slide into the receiver on the truck, and the 200 for comps. No parting company with them. I have several of Traegers seasonings and sauces left however.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-14-2008 07:00 AM
Sexy Mexican Offline

Thanks to those of you that responded on this post or via PM. I am now the proud (and perhaps a little clueless) owner of a Traeger 75. Vic & Gene, thanks for recommending Jeff in Ogden. He was great to work with.

Galo
04-14-2008 06:56 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Congrats Galo.
Bring it down to the Meat and Greet and get some tips on how to use it. No matter what the others say pellet pooping is great.
04-14-2008 09:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

( I have been waiting to do this , as no one else will)

Hey! Sexy! Whats up whichya? From what T tells me you are an ok dude, But now that you have went directly to the "Dark Side", you will never come back to the traditionalist ways of BBQ :wink: I think with every Pellet Pooper sold it should come with a hand book and a 1-800 number as to how to deal with the rash of crap that you now are about to receive Tongue

As you may or may not know, the Pellet Pooper bashing is all in fun :wink: In fact I have one, FEC-100, it stays in the shop, disguised as a refrigerator :lol:
I will look forward to meeting you this summer

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
04-14-2008 09:33 PM
Sexy Mexican Offline

Dave:

Thanks for the ribbing. I have been monitoring the banter between the pelletheads and stick-burners for a while. I debated getting one of each in order to placate everybody Smile But you know what they say: when you try to please everybody, you end up with bad BBQ (or something like that). I'm not ruling out the prospect of getting a stick-burner one day, just not this day. I'm first going to become king of the pellets, then I'll come over to dominate the stick-burner world :lol: So in a sense, this is simply a reprieve for the "traditional BBQ" folks. jk. OK, maybe I should wait until after my first comp before I talk smack? Naaaah Big Grin

As for your FE 100, I've purchased one of those as well (I have a very understanding wife). Any tips that you have on this "refrigerator" would be greatly appreciated.

It's good to know that I'm officially a member of the dark side...I like to keep it brown....and sexy 8)

Galo
04-14-2008 10:06 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Galo! you will love your FEC, I just dont want to hawl mine around the country. It is a cooker that many top teams use and win on. With that said, more power to ya.

As far as tips on the FEC? Put a layer of HD foil on the bottm, the heat sheild, and the drip pan. Always keep an eye on it while firing it up, DO NOT turn it on and go in the house to prep meat! Baby it while it lites, and comes to temp. It can at times.not light, and over feed the burn box with pellets, so watch it close, then load it, lock it, and go to bed!!!!

If you have any ??
Give me a call 1-208-401-6277 I will be glad to help

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
04-14-2008 10:27 PM
Cyclops Offline

:twisted: Another pellet pooper! Lord, I love it when a plan comes together :twisted:
Welcome to the dark side SexMex. Always room for a good dude over here.

Life Is A Team Sport
04-14-2008 10:31 PM
Sexy Mexican Offline

Dave,

Thanks for the advice. After I ordered my FEC I started coming across a few posts about fires starting in them. I'll have to be extra vigilent. Thanks for the offer, and I may take you up on that phone call. It's supposed to arrive on Thursday, then I'll have it at the QN4U class on Saturday and the Meat & Greet on the following Saturday. I'm planning on taking both the Traeger and FEC to both, so it should be a fun two weeks of learning!

Galo
04-14-2008 10:38 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Each unit runs a little different than another. Mine, I have found fires up faster, if i put a small hand full of pellets in the fire pot then turn it on, ( the electronic ignighter, will only run for 4 min. then shut off), if the pellets dont light in that first 4 min, you will have pellets all over the place, trial and error my friend!

Do call if you want

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
04-14-2008 10:50 PM
Z Offline

All this talk of pellet poopers has made me think that maybe i should confess. I have purchased a SMK 150. I still have not used it and i'm very ready to take all the smack i'm going to get on this website for being on the fence. I strill have plenty of charcoal bbq's including my Lang. But sometimes there are things to do on a saturday. As far as competing goes, those of you that know me, know I have priorities and they don't involve tending to a fire, espicially when I can just plug something in and get the same result. I still love the art and skill that is involved in stick burning, but it is going to be nice to be among the sleeping during quiet time. So go ahead and let the traitor insults come.

Z and April

"Put your barbeque where your mouth is"
04-15-2008 12:06 AM
Cyclops Offline

:twisted: YAHOO!! I knew we would get him eventually! Congrats Z on seeing the light! We have been discussing since last year that any one smart enough to grab that April lady was destined to be a pellet head! :twisted:

Life Is A Team Sport
04-15-2008 06:00 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Z is singin' "I Saw the Light" now. Good on ya Z. You will enjoy that rig. It's large enough to do everything for a comp in the same unit, plus a few other goodies for snackin' throughout the extended cooks.
Like those armadillo eggs Sampson started us on. Bless you my son. :wink: I have been messin' with those things, putting shrimp and smoked minced garlic in the cream cheese, or pecan pieces, they cost about a $1.50 each to build but they are....... and I am worth it. Big Grin
Gene

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-15-2008 07:16 AM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Galo, welcome to the dark side. I also have an FEC-100 and now own Gene's Pink Pig. ( a Traeger 070 in pig's clothing). Unlike the Traeger, I suggest you vacuum the FEC firepot after it cools each and every time. Place a small hand full of pellets in as starter then do as Dave suggested. Also keep all grease from building up any where. I've had two fires. One in the pellet auger and one in the bottom, burning grease. The last one took out a couple inches of my door gasket and warped some metal. The over temperature beaker tripped, shutting the machine down.
I would suggest that you log into the Cookshack FE and FEC owners section and start reading all of the posts from the beginning of the forum, there's a wealth of knowledge. Also there's are two forums dealing with Traeger owners plus one called "pelletheads" that is frequented by both FEC and Traeger users.
I don't want to bore those stick burners any more but please feel free to contact me direct if you feel the need to. Good luck

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:larrysjacobs@mac.com">larrysjacobs@mac.com</a><!-- e -->
Taylorsville, Utah
801-599-4433
04-15-2008 10:40 AM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Give into the Dark side and together we can rule the BBQ world.
Woo Hoo Tecnology is wonderful. If you can't win them Join them. :wink:
04-15-2008 06:24 PM
BBQMama Offline

Speaking of the dark side, Vic ... I notice you gave in and updated your logo Big Grin

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
04-15-2008 06:52 PM
Sexy Mexican Offline

Larry:

Thanks for the advice. I'll make sure to read those posts.
Like my grandma always said to me: "You'll never amount to anything!"
Oops, no, wait, wrong quote. Sorry, just having a little flashback.
This is the right quote: "A smart man learns from his mistakes. A wise man learns from the mistakes of others"

Galo
04-15-2008 07:47 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Small Gatorpit for sell. 2PigsSmokinB 1 658 08-02-2006 08:31 AM
Last Post: 2PigsSmokinB