Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Directions to the Meat and Greet
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Directions to the Meat and Greet
The Meat and Greet will be held at my home at 2828 N. 400 E North Ogden Utah. For those of you who are familar with ogden. Washington Blvd changes into 400 East at 2600 N in North Ogden.
If you are coming from the south the best way to get here is to take the # 344 exit off of I-15 The 12th street exit. Head East on 12th street to washington Blvd, Turn North on washington Blvd, stay on washington until you get to my home at 2828 N. (12th street is 1200 south.) Coming from the North get off at the #351 Exit and head south past Smith and Edwards until you reach 2700 N turn east and travel up to Washington Blvd, turn North and head up the hill to 2828 N. There is a freeway exit at 2700 N but it is under construction right now sorry. Nothing is easy on Utah High ways. It may or may not be open. The south bound are closed but the north bound are open, but that could change at any time.

I will have the Utah BBQ Association banner out front.
If your are bringing a grill pull on to 2850 N and park on the side of the road and we will find a place to put you. If you are just coming to event please park in the church parking lot located North East of my home. Please be careful when crossing the street. If you have any questions please call me at 801-782-0401
Thanks and hope to see you there.
04-08-2008 09:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Directions to the Meat and Greet
This is in OGDEN? I'm not sure we hang out with those kind of people :shock:

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
04-09-2008 11:27 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Our buddy Vic hangs in a high rent "hood". It's ok, trust me, been there.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-09-2008 12:25 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Getting close to the event and want everyone to know how to get there. Any Questions?
04-13-2008 08:59 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Ok its coming up soon. I will be cooking all day so if anyone would like to come and join me early my door is always open.
04-15-2008 06:27 PM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Vic, I was just reading your directions closely. I noted that you have us going past Smith and Edwards but you make no mention of stopping there and leaving half of any money I may have. Is there another way there that doesn't take me past that place, I get in trouble when I just mention it to my wife...

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
04-15-2008 06:33 PM
Sexy Mexican Offline

Sampson:

My wife has a solution for a Smith & Edwards addiction: Every time I buy any additional camping gear/guns/things I really don't need, she gets the same amount of money to do goodness knows what with. It works pretty well, only we end up spending twice as much! I had no idea how much scrapbooking supplies cost! They can make a smoker seem cheap.

Vic:

I'm hoping that you can provide a little guidance here. You had mentioned bringing plenty to share with a crowd, and I'm planning on doing so, but do you have any kind of rough estimate of how many people are attending? For example, I'm planning on making some dutch oven cornbread. If 20+ people are there, I would probably just do my deep 16". If there's closer to 70+ people, this is going to seem pretty piddly. Not that everyone would necessarily need to get a piece, and I know that everyone is bringing food. I just want to cook somewhat relative to the amount of people attending(within reason). Something like cornbread is fairly cheap to make, so, if necessary, making more wouldn't be that big a deal.

Thanks, Galo

"Yo Quiero BBQ!"
04-15-2008 09:58 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Sampson, Just turn left at the traffic light at the bottom of the canyon in Brigham. Go south on 89 past Maddox, no don't stop there either, :? until you get to a Chevron across the street from Pepsi, turn left at Pepsi corner go east (toward the closest mountains) Turn left at 400 East/Washington Blvd. Roll your windows down and follow the smoke smell. Big Grin

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-15-2008 10:28 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Sampson- what Gene Said. Don't stop at maddox you will need your appitite here

SexyMexican- I'm sure there will be 70+ if every one that says they are coming comes. You never know until they show up. I have found over the years that people say they are coming to something then they don't show. But I think this is going to be pretty popular. There has been a lot of interest. I'm just hoping for good weather.
Heres a small list
Hi I Que
Skinny Boys
This little piggy
Smokin Hot Sistahs
2 pigs
Utah Smoke
Hulihuli
BBQ Chef
Elkski
Dutch Ovendude
SexyMexican
Love2grill
I have also had a few people say they are just going to come.
The North ogden fire dept is also interested in coming.
Jeff at Kents sports store in Ogden has also handed out a lot of fliers and said that there is a lot of interest.
04-16-2008 08:57 PM
tex-mex / Idaho Offline

I am planning on attending your meatn' greet this saturday, anyone taken the futon yet?? This is omar/ tex-mex from Burley, Idaho.

I would probably bring my brisket to be put to the test of all the Q'ers there.......

omar
04-21-2008 05:08 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

The Guest house is still avalible if you want it.
Also they have reopened the freeway exit at 2700 N check out post (Meat and Greet April 26th) for directions.
04-21-2008 08:46 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Speaking of Ogden, Jeff was set up with a couple Traeger grills last weekend at the IDOS convention as he does each year but this year he was cooking on a new Louisiana pellet grill that looked really good. He says it will cook up to 650 degrees for steaks. Anyone have or seen these?
04-22-2008 07:03 AM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

I've seen them at Jeffs store in ogden. I was there when he was testing it out for the first time. It looks like a nice grill. I like the design of the Traeger better. There are some things on the Louisiana that I didn't care for. I guess its all in what your are used too. Traeger has kind of given Jeff the shaft on his being their distrubuter so hes looking for something else, and I don't blame him. You got to do whats best for your buisness.

The guest house is know taken. For the Meat and Greet.
04-22-2008 07:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Meat and Greet no1plumber 5 1,129 06-14-2009 07:44 AM
Last Post: Gene
  Meat and Greet Photos BBdoesQ 2 885 05-12-2008 10:38 PM
Last Post: BBdoesQ
  Meat and Greet Photos sampson 9 1,919 05-12-2008 10:31 PM
Last Post: BBdoesQ