Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Call for judges
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Call for judges
Yo, everyone that will not be cooking at Hyrum. We need a bunch of judges and table captains for Hyrum. 20-22 contestants are signed up to compete. The State Park has a couple of State representatives that are pro State parks and the Park would like the elected officials (2-3) involved in the judging also. We'll need a short judging class like last year also. I have contacted Lynn Simmons from KKEX radio FM 96.7 in Logan, and as soon as we I get him the details he'll start informing the public about the contest. I've asked him to help in the judging festivities also. He did not turn the request down. Our skills are well known, it seems, and preceed us. Big Grin Like others have said, "You can smell our butts a mile away".
Volunteers please. Big Grin Thanks everyone :!:
Gene

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-08-2008 09:10 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Re: Call for judges
I'm not KCBS certified yet, but I'd be able to find the time to judge a few competitions before I get to the class, and if needed for Hyrum I'm available.

I may know just a smidgen about good bbq!

That's the stuff from Tony Roma's and Famous Dave's isn't it? :roll:

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
04-09-2008 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Come on up. Love to have ya.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-09-2008 12:29 PM
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

Gene

My wife and I can come up and help out judging if you need us. We haven't been through a class yet but are doing the class with the "Grill on the Hill" competition. If you would like our help we can probably be there.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
04-11-2008 02:04 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Cool come on up. Lyle has, yet again, stepped up and volunteered his talents to run the juding side of things at Hyrum. He will have a basic instruction session there. So........ get ready, get set, ...............
Thanks. We really need a bunch of CBJs also.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-11-2008 02:37 PM
Pegleg Offline

Gene has asked that I organize the judges for the Hyrum comp. At this point we need at least 18 judges and three table captains. Please let me know either by P.M. or e-mail at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:earlld@ldschurch.org">earlld@ldschurch.org</a><!-- e -->, please include a contact phone number. Those who have already posted I will add your name to the list. Please pass the word around, I would like to get as many certified judges as possible. If you have any questions, please call my cell phone at (801) 718-0063.

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
04-11-2008 02:47 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Bumped back up, Talked to Lyle (aka Pegleg) we still need Judges

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
04-20-2008 08:02 AM
bbqguy123 Offline

I am signed up for the CBJ class on the 19th of June, but I can judge Hyrum if you don't mind someone not certified yet. I will send an email to Pegleg.

Sheldon
04-20-2008 09:05 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Great, please do. All of you that are CBJ's this is a great time to volunteer your services. We need at least 18 CBJ's. You folks that are signed up to take the class in June @ Snowbird will understand once you have "Graduated".
Gene

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-20-2008 07:07 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Lyle told me he has enough people on board to judge at Hyrum Big Grin , not one a CBJ Sad . Hello, where are all you that have CBJ credentials? Step up and be recognized, please.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-27-2008 09:20 PM
Pegleg Offline

We still need judges!!!! The only reason I told Gene that I had enough is because we only had six paid teams at the time. We now need a total of 16 judges and two table captains. This is called "Spring Training" for a reason so lets do it; if you are seriously interested in being a Certified BBQ Judge this experience will help you decide. I promise, once you meet all of the GREAT people of this organization you will never want to leave!! Bwinther and bbqguy123 you volunteered on the site, please e-mail or call me with your (real) names if you are still interested.

Infamous Dave and Gene I need your info as soon as you can get it to me as well. The people I have signed up so far are listed below. Sorry I haven't been visible lately and as Cyclops so eloquently put it, GET BUSY!! I may have to recruit the Hyrum Elementary kitchen staff -- you won't like what they say!! My cell phone is (801) 718-0063 e-mail: <!-- e --><a href="mailto:earlld@ldschurch.org">earlld@ldschurch.org</a><!-- e -->

Chad Bryan
Jeanettte Bryan
Jeff Waldvogel
Marie Waldvogel
Chis Edmunds (SoEzzy)
Sheldon??
Brian Winther??
Mrs. Brian Winther??

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
05-08-2008 07:34 AM
Pegleg Offline

Re: Judgin Spots Are Filled
We have filled all of the judging spots, thanks to all of the phone calls and everyone stepping up. Those who's names are on my last post, please call or e-mail me to verify if you will still be able to make it or not.

Thanks again for everything,

Lyle
05-08-2008 01:36 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Yup! I'm a gonna be there!

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
05-08-2008 01:44 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Call for Judges in Huntsville July 2nd Pegleg 4 1,303 06-25-2011 11:00 PM
Last Post: Pegleg
  Call for judges for Declo Village of Tree's PackerBacker 24 4,715 07-16-2010 09:42 PM
Last Post: norm
  Miller Motorsports Park, 2nd Call for Judges SoEzzy 10 1,741 05-23-2010 10:48 PM
Last Post: LilBBQMama