Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cookies and Barbeque
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Cookies and Barbeque
Alright, I know it may sound wierd, but my other passion is making up new cookie recipes. I have a few good recipes, but I would like to try and combine my to passions - Cookies-n-barbecue, you know? I've tried a couple : Peanut Butter Cayenne and Mesquite Peanut Butter. Neither went over all that great with the test subjects a.k.a the fam :roll: . Any suggestions on how to better combine these two passions of mine? Or, if you would like to try them yourself, let me know and I'll get you the recipes or bring some with me to whatever event I happen to be.
03-30-2008 09:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

Re: Cookies and Barbeque
Anthony, check your calender. April 1st isn't till Tuesday.
03-30-2008 10:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Yep, that's a April Fool's deal if I ever heard one.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
03-31-2008 07:54 AM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

I've done cookie's in my Traeger many times. I love the smoke flavor you get. Desserts is one of my passions. My moto is if you can cook it you can smoke it.
03-31-2008 05:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cyclops Offline

Big A- It makes perfect sense to me. Try a little pineapple with just a hint of pico ge gallo. Maybe some re-constituted raisins, dates, figs, etc, rolled in some rub with a bite before baking? Just some thoughts.

Life Is A Team Sport
03-31-2008 08:55 PM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Hurray! Tongue I'm not as crazy as I thought! I'm glad there are people out there who enjoy the taste of smoke in their...everything. Smile

Hey, Cyclops, good ideas! I have plenty of raisins- maybe a spin on the old Oatmeal Raisin recipe - a little chili powder, cumin, I don't know. Thanks for the idea!

BTW anyone know where to buy some roasted Green Chiles? I used to get them in 25 pound bags back in Denver, but it's a bit of a drive now Smile .
03-31-2008 09:52 PM
Larry Jacobs Offline
Life Member

My daughter used my Cumin by mistake instead of cinnamon in her snicker doodles. We still tease her about those babys.
03-31-2008 10:05 PM
Cyclops Offline

YUCK!! That sounds kinda like PackerBacker and his Celery salt!! :twisted:

Life Is A Team Sport
03-31-2008 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Larry Jacobs;p="8323 Wrote:My daughter used my Cumin by mistake instead of cinnamon in her snicker doodles. We still tease her about those babys.
That's funny because, when I was a teenager, my Grandmother once used cayenne pepper instead of nutmeg in an apple pie. We were all sitting around the table chatting when the subtle pepper started to kick in. After many go-rounds of her protesting, "I made it the same way I always do!" we finally got to the bottom of it. She stomped into the kitchen, pulled out the container and proudly proclaimed, "I used this!" Well, upon further inspection we found out what it really was.

John
03-31-2008 10:33 PM
Quote this message in a reply
elkski Offline

just be carefull not to use rat poison or something....
I wonder how a cherry or apple smoked apple pie would taste with homemade smoked vanilla bean icecream.
04-01-2008 07:03 AM
Cyclops Offline

Stop it, Elkski! I'm drooling all over a perfectly good keyboard!!

Life Is A Team Sport
04-01-2008 09:16 PM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Can you smoke ice cream? :lol: .

You might want to read your posts with a towel handy there, Cyclops. Smile
04-01-2008 10:23 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

I was thinking about trying a BakedSmoked Alaska. I don't know if it would work. You would have to have the pit pretty Hot.
04-02-2008 09:32 PM
Infamous Dave Offline

I had a great grandma that lived down in Emery Utah. She died when I was 9 or 10. I still remember going down to her house for a few days. She was an excellent cook/ baker and alot of times she would bake in the old wood burning stove like she did for many years until they finally bought an electric oven. Everything she baked in there had a smokey flavor. Her bread was amazing and so were her pies and cakes and such. Funny thing is that until 80 years ago or so almost anything that was baked or cooked would have had a smokey flavor to it.

Infamous Dave
www.skinnyboysbbq.com
KCBS Certified Judge
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.
If tomorrow may be my last, I want BBQ today!
04-02-2008 11:45 PM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

I'm trying to convince my wife that that's the way things should be now. She suggested I try some manicotti ala smokey.
04-03-2008 08:33 PM