Poll: Are you going to be able to attend the Meat and Greet?
Yes
No
Maybe
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Meat and Greet
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Meat and Greet
Put this on your Calandar.
At least 12 Comp teams have said they are coming and lots and lots of others. Hope to see you there its going to be a great time!
[Image: MeatandGreet.jpg]
Down load flyer and invite all your freinds.
03-28-2008 10:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Re: Meat and Greet
So Ezzy buried this one with his long list of events so I thought I would bring it back Up. I've been having a lot of people ask about it.
03-29-2008 09:16 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Fix this...fix that..fill the calendar...bury the posts!

Bump!

See I do try and help out too; Vic! Wink

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
03-29-2008 12:06 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

LOL

Your doing a great Job SoEzzy keep it up. I like the Calander.
03-29-2008 02:04 PM
hulihuli Offline

Looking forward to the Meat & Greet. The taste buds our salivating allready.

J & M
03-30-2008 07:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
elkski Offline

I am trying to clear the day to come up and eat your meat and greet ya's...
Seriously trying to convince the wife this is what we shuld do on a 3 day weekend in spring.....
I did think about bring up a fryer pot and cooking up some duck strips while we sip a cold one and smell the smoke?

Is a beer or 2 allowed?
03-31-2008 02:46 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

You can bring anything that you like. Duck sounds good to me. And as for the cold ones well I'll have a apple beer instead.
I do have a guest house availible for someone to stay in if need be. I just purchased a futon bed for it which is quite comfortable. I also have some air mattresses if need be. First call first call reserves it.
03-31-2008 05:25 PM
bbqchef Offline

Can't wait I will bring my smoker.
04-02-2008 10:27 AM
Infamous Dave Offline

I hope I understood correctly, this is for everyone right?(not just association)... I have printed out flyers and e-mailed the flyers. I work in Ogden and have invited alot of folks here at work and then other friends and family. I know they all won't come, but some have told me that they will. They are expecting some good BBQ. Some said they will come and cook and others will bring side dishes. This might be a real good turn out!

Infamous Dave
www.skinnyboysbbq.com
KCBS Certified Judge
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.
If tomorrow may be my last, I want BBQ today!
04-02-2008 12:08 PM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

Color me bitter, but I have YET ANOTHER clogging competition that weekend. Apparently February through May has prime clogging weather or something because we have competitions every blasted weekend. Can you tell that I am new to this "Father of an Active Child" gig and that I am not a huge fan of hillbilly tapdancing?
04-02-2008 02:13 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

I dated a world champion clogger once back in high school. I decided then and there that when you die and go to he.. they make you watch clogging for eterinty. Anyway have a nice time we will be thinking about you with a smile on our face.
04-02-2008 04:56 PM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

As if clogging wasn't bad enough, my wife will be out of town so I get to watch three of the kids and take them all to the clogging competition. At least I'll have some BBQ to look forward to ... I'm cooking a butt or ribs (or both) to take off the pain.
04-02-2008 05:07 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Yes This event is for everyone. Bring your Family your Freinds and your Inlaws. It should be a great time for everyone. I will post a map of the area and where to park when it gets a little closer to the event. Thanks for your support I can't wait to meet everyone.
04-02-2008 05:15 PM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Man you guys, I wish i could come! Sad Make sure y'all have enough fun for me to feel way down here in Orem.

Maybe I'll smoke something that weekend to console myself...
04-03-2008 09:37 PM
BBQMama Offline

Come on Anthony ... There's plenty of us Utah County folks that are headed up that way. It's not THAT far. You're welcome to throw a cooker or two and a cooler in our trailer. Smoking alone is never a good idea. lol

Besides ... I could really use another Italian to help represent the "family" 8)

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
04-04-2008 05:27 AM
2PigsSmokinB Offline

Hey Big Anthony, I live in Provo and I am going up. It is going to be a great time there.

Jonathan
2Pigs
04-04-2008 06:08 AM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Thanks Carla! It's nice to know there's more of us down here.
It's not so much the distance this time, mostly that i'l have a 3 week old baby, plus my parents are in town and don't much want to travel around when they could spend that time with the baby. Smile
04-05-2008 08:21 PM
Flexo Offline

Hey we are in Orem. If you need a ride, you are welcome to hop in. Lets go and have a good time!

That sure was good stuff!
Tubby's Smokin' Q

KCBS Certified Judge
04-06-2008 08:36 AM
bwinther Offline
Managing Member

I can't fit my traeger and my family in the car at the same time so won't be able to cook. Other ideas on what to bring so that my family and I can partake? I am looking forward to this. See y'al in a couple of weeks.

Brian

Brian

HQO
Gotta have it
2013 Utah's Representative to the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational BBQ Competition
KCBS Certified Judge
Managing Member
04-06-2008 09:14 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

I will have an extra Treager Excutive and I also have to five foot charcoal grills if anyone needs to use them. As for what to bring you can bring anything you like. Salads, Baked Beans, Drinks any thing would work. It sounds like there is going to be a lot of people so please be gernerous on what ever you bring. I think that this is going to be a great event for the association.
04-07-2008 07:24 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Vic, the poll only shows 10 attending :shock: That can't be true, can it? We are going to have enough green Jello and shredded carrots for 3 dozen folks. :wink:
That's to celebrate the naming of Porker Rockwell. :lol:

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-07-2008 11:23 AM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Woo-hoo! Porker Rockwell!

Hey Flexo - I might take you up on that offer for the next event - Maybe the Hyrum Spring Training.
I'll pitch in for the gas Smile
04-07-2008 03:56 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Not everyone has seen the poll. Lets see Hi-I-Que, Skinny boys, Smokin Hot Sistahs, Utah Smoke, 2 pigs, This little piggy, Dragon Smoke, BBQ chef, BBQ Mama, Sexy Mexican, Flexo, Hulihuli, Elski, The North Ogden Fire Department, Just to name a few. I've had a lot of people call and say they are coming. I've been working my butt off to get the yard ready. All I need now is a good Butt Rub to make it feel better. :shock:
04-07-2008 07:58 PM
Frankenswine Offline
Managing Member

So is a small generator OK? I need some power for the rotisserie on my smoker. If not I will just bring my BDS.

Doug
04-07-2008 08:56 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

You can bring your generator if you like. I have power avalible also. Just bring an extention cord.
Every time I post I just keep getting more excited. It sounds like we are going to have quite the spread. My taste buds are going nuts
04-07-2008 09:04 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Meat and Greet no1plumber 5 1,129 06-14-2009 07:44 AM
Last Post: Gene
  Meat and Greet Photos BBdoesQ 2 885 05-12-2008 10:38 PM
Last Post: BBdoesQ
  Meat and Greet Photos sampson 9 1,917 05-12-2008 10:31 PM
Last Post: BBdoesQ