Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Upcoming Events
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Upcoming Events
Hey Everybody!

[tab]I'm new to to the Association and was wondering how I can get info on upcoming events. I would also like to get to know wome people so I don't feel like an outsider looking in every time I log in.
03-28-2008 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Re: Upcoming Events
Come to the Meat and Greet in April. Check out post Meat and Greet for more info.
03-28-2008 10:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Welcome Big Anthony! One of the quickest ways to get to know everyone here and make friends is to send us all some nice ribeyes. Send me a PM and I'll let you know the address. I should be good with just three or so Smile

Really though, just hang out and you'll fit in before long at all. This is a great bunch of people here. Most everyone will help you with anything they can. And posting pics of what you're doing is always cool too. So what are you cooking on? Are you just starting? Where's the pics???

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
03-28-2008 11:19 PM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Thanks guys! I'm going to try to make it to the meat and greet, but my parents are coming out to see the new baby that day, so I'm not sure.

Right now I'm cooking on a Brinkman electric smoker, usually with hickory and apple. I also have one of those short pot-belly Bulman charcoal grills that I learned to love last year. I live in a condo, so I have to share backyard space with my in-laws, but since it's barbeque, they don't mind! Big Grin Last year I discovered the beauty of a pork chop grilled over a charcoal fire - I drove my family crazy talking about that awesome pink bark it develops.

[tab]Anyway, my best dishes so far are my Hickory Smoked Cranberry Chicken (a favorite at the last 2 Thanksgivings), Wood fired Barbecue Chicken Pizza (applewood worked great), and Cocoa de Pollo (chocolate chicken skewers). I'm looking forward to this summer for some more experimenting with my equipment. Let me know of any good tips and tricks or recipes to try this summer.

[tab]As for pictures, I have two words: Dial Up. When I have access to a faster connection, I'll put some pictures up.
03-29-2008 12:13 PM
Pegleg Offline

Welcome aboard!!

We have about five or six comps lined up this year in the state. Keep your eye here on the site for the dates, we could always use volunteers to help. It's a great way to get to know the teams and learn more about BBQ. As Vic has said, there is the meat and greet at the end of April, then on May 16th and 17th we are having a get together at Hyrum Reservoir called Spring Training. If you can swing it, there is a Certified Judges class at Snowbird on June 19th, we always need people to judge the meat that is cooked at the competitions; it's a great opportunity to sample world-class BBQ.

This is going to be a great summer for BBQ in Utah!!

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
03-29-2008 06:17 PM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Thanks Lyle!

I may be able to make to Spring Training - it would be awesome to get together with all you guys. I've been on some other posts and it looks like we have a lot of different characters Big Grin
04-02-2008 03:42 PM
Dutchovendude Offline
Managing Member

Welcome Big Anthony! This is a great bunch of folks here. To meet everyone, the Meat and Greet would be a great place to start. If the parents like BBQ, bring them too!
Hope to see you soon, and who are you calling a character? I resemble that remark! :wink:
04-06-2008 10:43 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Upcoming Events SmokinJoe 11 2,012 10-12-2006 05:54 PM
Last Post: Gene