Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Here's an idea...
SmokinJoe Offline

Here's an idea...
I was watching Andrew Zimmern in Minnesota where he was at a bar that has a "meat raffle".

Apparently they sell raffle tickets, spin the wheel, and the winner gets their pick from a selection of meat. Money goes to charity.

I'm thinking that if we could pull this off, this would be a great vehicle for getting the public involved at cookoffs, a good way to raise money for a cause, and get rid of meat that the cook never wants to see again after a cookoff...

What say you folks? Thoughts?

-joe

Get your smoke on...
03-28-2008 12:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Do we need to do anything to cover ourselves under HD rules to be able to do this?

It sounds similar to the reason there are "no sales at competitions" unless covered with a vending license.

Maybe it's a gray area, maybe it would just need to go out under a vendors license cover?

Just wanting to keep us all covered.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
03-28-2008 04:57 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Re: Here's an idea...
sounds interesting to me.
I was thinking we could do it at the Meat and Greet and raffel of uncooked competition meats for a fund raiser for the Association.
03-29-2008 09:15 AM
Pegleg Offline

Re: Here's an idea...
I think it's worth a try, it sounds like a good idea to me. I feel we should look at the logistics of it and see where it goes and find out what we need to pull it off.

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
03-29-2008 06:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SmokinJoe Offline

I'd imagine it could be run very similarly to the buck-a-cup we did at RNR...

-joe

Get your smoke on...
03-30-2008 12:17 AM