Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hyrum Update
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Hyrum Update
This is change #376 to the Hyrum campsite issue. Gene had recently emailed and made some phone calls re: the need to send in your campsite payment. Yesterday, with Gene's blessing, I met with the rangers out at Hyrum including the new manager of the facility. And we are back to the original plan which is that you will pay for your site when you show up. There will be a list at the check-in desk with your team name and the captains name. You will need to give that in order to even get a site. The place is now sold out for the weekend. We were also able to get the manager to waive the "reservation fee" of $8.95 per site, which while it's not big bucks does help with cost of fuel etc. for the trip.

There are also a couple of necessary changes to some of the sites that people had asked for. Due to some mis-communication, a couple of the sites that we thought were available, are in fact not reserved for us. But by doing a bit of shuffling, we are able to provide sites to everyone that wanted one, with only a couple of changes. I will PM those affected by those changes.

We should have much more info on this board in the next couple of weeks to assist you in making this a pleasant journey to the Cache Valley. Things such as maps to the park, to stores, restaurants and that sort of thing. If you have any comments or questions, please don't hestitate to speak up now while it's still early and good suggestions can still be acted upon...

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
03-27-2008 10:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sexy Mexican Offline

Re: Hyrum Update
Are there still spots available for this event? It sounds as though campsites are a limiting factor. I don't have a site reserved yet, but would like to participate if possible. I printed the registration form today and planned on mailing it tomorrow.
04-07-2008 09:40 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Hyrum Update
The last time I talked to the Park folks the place was full that week-end. That was not from just us but the world has access to it also. It's a small site 30? camp sites.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-08-2008 07:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Call for Hyrum Judges (Update) Pegleg 7 1,632 05-16-2008 11:12 PM
Last Post: Pegleg