Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Who has changed things up?
BBQSki Offline

Who has changed things up?
I've been thinking about the upcoming season and wondered how many of you have changed your recipes for the upcoming contests? Without revealing any secrets, of course, I've changed everything (rubs, sauces, method) on all four meat categories. Anybody doing everything the same?
02-19-2008 08:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Who has changed things up?
Sure did! I cut the celery salt down a bit in my rub! Thats all I need to worry about :oops:

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
02-19-2008 08:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

PackerBacker;p="7928 Wrote:Sure did! I cut the celery salt down a bit in my rub! Thats all I need to worry about :oops:

Dave

Way to go Dave....now we have to look elsewhere for our entertainment Big Grin :wink:

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
02-19-2008 09:22 PM
Unregistered

Yeah, I've completely changed my chicken process, and I've tweaked my seasonings a bit. :wink: Big Grin

John
02-19-2008 11:24 PM
Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo John, so instead of me and you going for the coin toss for first, which I lost and gladly took second place in chicken. Am I to believe that you are going to leave no doubt. Better step my game up huh? I'll take second to you any day. Love ya bro, Ba pa bonna! LOL

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
02-19-2008 11:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Unregistered

T - I was kidding mainly for you and Dave. Smile I know enough to leave what works alone, but you never know. :wink: You still need to get out of my recipe book! :shock: Big Grin

John
02-19-2008 11:58 PM
Unregistered

P.S. Like I always say, if you're bringin' yard bird you better eat two bowls of Wheaties, pack a lunch, and bring help. It's going to be long and hard like the third grade! Big Grin
02-20-2008 12:06 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo John, I kinda figured that, but we don't want to get the "Brat" talking smack. I rode my horse to victory a few times last year, and I'm not changing a thing. You know the old saying? I still stand by my theory "It's me againts my meat" then it's in the judges hands. As long as I satisfy myself with my cook I'm happy. Be good to see you again bro, Winter well my friend, Winter well.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
02-20-2008 12:10 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

I'm cutting back a smidge on the sugar in my p & p seasoning.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
02-21-2008 03:11 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

I've changed a few things. Been working on my own Rub. I like to try and use my own receipes. It tends to make things a little more interesting for me. I feel that if I use some one elses sauce, rub, ect.. that its more their's than mine.
I'm also trying out some new desserts. I thought for sure my Pecan Apple pie would have taken 1st at R&R last year. But no such luck. Got beat out by T and his bread pudding and some Lemon bars that I don't think even saw the inside of a smoker. But I'm going to give them a Eye popper this year. :shock:
02-21-2008 09:03 PM