Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New to Boise!
T Offline
Posting Freak

New to Boise!
Yo John and Dave, here is something for you cats to check out?
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.idahostatesman.com:80/life/story/293626.html">http://www.idahostatesman.com:80/life/story/293626.html</a><!-- m -->

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
02-13-2008 10:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SlowJoes Offline
Spuds BBQ Co

Re: New to Boise!
My buddy Paul said it was some good food. Gayle and I plan to give it a try next week sometime.

Joe,
Spud's BBQ Co.
02-13-2008 11:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Swine Steward Offline

One of my co-workers checked it out a few days ago and found the food was great. I can't wait to try it myself. Our own Crazy Cajun will have to tell us if its authentic.
02-14-2008 12:45 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

That'd be worth a trip to Boise. There used to be a Cajun Restaurant in Ogden on Washington Blvd. named the Cajun Skillet. The chef was from Loozeanna, real nice guy. He had gator shipped in, andouille sausage, and the shrimp he served were just hours out of the water unlike the stuff we get that is weeks old or frozen.
I always wanted to try his etoufee, and other dishes, but never got passed his jambalaya, it was that good.
Kevin, let us know what you think.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
02-14-2008 07:38 AM
Cyclops Offline

Chef Roland is a real good guy. I have eaten there many times when he worked out of a little catering trailer on Fairview. I can't brag about his BBQ because he would have to hold it too long. The pork was chopped instead of pulled. But the man makes really good catfish, chicken and hushpuppies.
The real stars though are his Gumbo and Jambalaya. Those are as good as you will ever find. He uses a real dark roux with his Gumbo and it gives it that authentic "nutty" flavor. He is worth supporting.

Life Is A Team Sport
02-15-2008 09:18 AM
Pugwhan Offline

Cyclops;p="7802 Wrote:The real stars though are his Gumbo and Jambalaya. Those are as good as you will ever find. He uses a real dark roux with his Gumbo and it gives it that authentic "nutty" flavor. He is worth supporting.

I have to agree with this. The prices weren't to bad, the atmosphere was great but the Gumbo and Jambalaya were to die for.

Edit - DOH.. just realized how huge my avatar is.. I'll fix that tonight..

Half of Team Swine Steward
10-02-2008 05:45 AM
hossrocks Offline

His food is a labor of love. I worked with him once while he was at the mission. Even the meals he provided for the mission were a work of art. I think he will do well... Can't wait t o get down there and do some sampling! Big Grin

Hoss
Kuna, ID USA
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com">www.bigdaddysbbqonline.com</a><!-- w -->
Louisiana Grill Whole Hog - Brinkman back yard Pro - UDS - Traeger 150 - Wells Cargo Mobile Kitchen
10-02-2008 09:48 AM
Cyclops Offline

I agree completely Hoss. if you spend any time talking to Roland, it is obvious he is passionate about food. I have never tasted better Gumbo this side of the French Market cafe. He is a very nice guy, and I wish him all the luck he deserves.

Life Is A Team Sport
10-02-2008 12:31 PM
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for offering to fix your AV, it will put everything back into line if it's down to 120 x 120 or so!

If you need a hand with it sing out.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
10-02-2008 01:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply