Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Propane tanks
pitbulls Offline

Propane tanks
Anyone know where I could get a old empty propane tank 120 to 200 gallon to make a smoker
01-19-2008 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Propane tanks
A few years ago I looked into them, and there was a place out on Old Bingham Highway some where around 40th west that had them. At that time they were charging about $99.00 for one. They got them from a place where they failed the pressurization test. If you are located in Salt Lake the place that turned me on to them is a propane distributor at 3200 w. off of the 21st south freeway on the south side. The business is Suburban Propane 801-972-6674. Hope this helps?

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
01-20-2008 01:00 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nayehiya Offline

Don't do it! We will read about you in the obituary.
01-23-2008 04:04 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Propane tanks
Yo John, out of due respect as I mentioned on the above post. The tanks failed pressurization test. I did research on these particular tanks myself. Some companys use nitrogen in there test and others use compressed air. In this case it was compressed air, maybe I should have mentioned that. I apprediate your concern, but never would I subject a BBQ brother to these dangers or anyone else. I also know that poeple have had bad experiences with used tanks, and I suggest to anyone befor going forward with any venture to check out the dangers first. I just tried to help.

keep low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
01-23-2008 06:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Old Tanks pitbulls 4 1,199 01-27-2007 06:47 PM
Last Post: no1plumber