Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mixing Vat 'o Rub
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Mixing Vat 'o Rub
GBQ;p="6678 Wrote:Thats just it Dave, last time they dident show up!Give me points?I don't need no stinken points.Vikes are on a roll.The Pack has been doing great,but all good things must come to an end & so with the Packers run.Sorry Dave.If the Vikings don't get them the cowboys will. Wait till next year Dave. (Remember the playoffs are one & done!)

Gary

OU812BBQ

"All things must come to an end"??? Really?, well coming from a Viking fan, that would be a good theory, I bet you Vik fans cant wait for this season to be over.... OH wait! Are you a Viking fan or a cowboy fan??? you seam to be on the fence (see post above) (" If the Viking dont get THEM the Cowboys will")

And no Cyclops, I never offered unlimited points!, I never offered any, GBQ needs to make the bet first, then I will decide how many points I will give him. Oh wait! one more time, I just re read,"I dont need no stinken points" Tongue Ok whats the bet MR, "Man with the horns" You can even take St. Louis this weekend! need points :wink:

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
12-14-2007 03:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

BBQSki, those look great... where are you buying the shakers at? And who is doing your labels for them? I'd love to get some done up, like most of you, I'm constantly getting hit up for some of my rub or sauce and if I could package it then someday I might actually get some $$$ for it... just dreamin' probably, but we all gotta have our dreams

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
12-14-2007 06:04 PM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Gene;p="6675 Wrote:Packers by 10,
I got the Lil Tex Traeger with a couple of butts in it for a gig tonite for some buckskinners, chicken thighs later in the day as a second meat, D.O. beans & taters for sides. Then later tonight I'll be hookin' up with Infamous Dave for a turkeys, butts, ribs, briskets & geese cook at his Mom's place. Then to a church for serving 130 adults Sat eve. Notice everything is plural not singular. 50/50 pecan oak pellet mix is the choice for that cook. Address is a secret. Sad Sorry folks. We'll do some photos though. Big Grin
Gene

Dang Gene, no moss growin' on you is there???

KCBS Member and CBJ
12-14-2007 06:07 PM
BBQSki Offline

Sampson -- I get the shakers from penderys online -- <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.penderys.com">www.penderys.com</a><!-- w -->. They have several sizes..... the ones I used were 12 oz. I think they were about 70 cents a piece. They are certainly handy to have around.

I made the labels myself on the computer and printed them on shipping labels. I designed the logo myself on Adobe Illustrator software.

I don't know where to find sauce bottles. A place called <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.countrybobs.com">www.countrybobs.com</a><!-- w --> was advertising sauce bottles in the Bullsheet, but I couldn't find any on their website.
12-14-2007 10:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Cyclops Offline

Tongue Tongue GEEZ! Guys,
Just when I get Packer Backer rollin' on a football game, you two want to go back to the original topic of this whole thread! What kind of a site are you Utah guys running anyway??? Tongue Tongue
By the way, thanks for posting the pictures. I am a firm believer in the old saying-
"Creativity is being smart enough to know who's idea to steal" Big Grin

Life Is A Team Sport
12-14-2007 11:07 PM
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Cyclops;p="6687 Wrote:Tongue Tongue "Creativity is being smart enough to know who's idea to steal" Big Grin
Now that's a saying worth stealing right there...

KCBS Member and CBJ
12-15-2007 12:08 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Moss don't grow when it's this cold. Went thru 80# of pellets on that monster cook. The monster was the temp, dang it was cold. Twern't competition quality :oops: but it was pretty good. Infamous, show 'em the pics you took. Well.............., they're waiting.......................
12-16-2007 01:19 PM
GBQ Offline

The other day I got off topic.I know this is the Recipes,Formules & Techinques section,so here is a recipe for Packer fan.

250 yrds for Peterson
200 yrds for Taylor
75 yrds for Jackson.(Vikings have no passing game)
3000 lbs.of deffense.
4 Picks on Farve

Mix well for 90 Mins.& You have= Vikings 24 Packers 17. Vikings NFC champs.

Enjoy!! (See you over in the General section Dave)

Gary
OU812BBQ
12-16-2007 02:02 PM
Cyclops Offline

Tongue QUICK!!! Someone get over to Dave's house and explain to him that it doesn't do ANY good to stick your head into the FEQ!! (And if it DOES do any good, I am calling "dibs" on his BDS.) Tongue

Life Is A Team Sport
12-16-2007 04:06 PM
no1plumber Offline
Banned

The gift baskets are a great Idea. The problem I would have is they would all ask me when I was coming over to cook for them. :roll:
12-16-2007 07:56 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

BBQSki;p="6653 Wrote:Electric mixer! I wish I would have thought of that (but as usual the most obvious solutions to everything escape me).

I usually make small batches of rub because I'm always experimenting, but I made this large batch to give away some as christmas gifts. Very basic - sugar, salt, paprika, chili powder, cumin, garlic, onion, thyme. I put the rub together with some sauce, an aluminum foil "smoke bomb," and instructions to barbecue ribs. Hopefully the recipients will like it as a gift.

...and no smart-alec comments about the Famous Dave's :lol: .....it was on sale at albertsons, and I actually like it compared to the other available grocery store brands

OK, a few stupid quesetions ... but FIRST, pure admiration. BBQSki, I am stealing your idea for next year. You are brilliant. Now for the stupid questions:

1. did you give ribs as well?
2. I assume the "smoke bomb" consists of woodchips wrapped in foil. True?
3. How detailed were the instructions? Remember, I am an attorney and have a difficult time making things sound concise and easy sometimes.

Thanks.
01-02-2008 02:12 PM
BBQSki Offline

1. No, didn't give ribs, but the instructions I put in the kit were pretty comprehensive on how to cut a slab of spares into St. Louis style.

2. Smoke bombs were just hickory and apple chips wrapped in foil. I use an empty paper towel tube to get the round shape

3. The instructions were 12 pages with pictures.
01-03-2008 02:11 PM
Tour de Que Offline
Account not Activated

Don't suppose you have a word documents or some other comupter document with the instructions?
01-03-2008 02:39 PM
BBQSki Offline

TDQ -- check your personal messages. Or ping me at <!-- e --><a href="mailto:tketlinski@kmrs.net">tketlinski@kmrs.net</a><!-- e -->
01-03-2008 03:44 PM