Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hyrum '08
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Hyrum '08
Thanks for digging that out Mike.
Packer Backer and everyone else,
If we get no help from any outside sources and depend on our entry fees only, figuring no trophies, we could do $300 for GC $200 for RGC and $100 for each 1st place meats, $75 2nd, and $50 for 3rd. This is not concrete.
Pepsi Logan should be on board for a big sponsor, details by tomorrow, right, Norma Jeans BBQ? Those numbers are based on $80 entry fees from everyone and 20 teams.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-07-2008 07:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
sampson Offline
Posting Freak

Let's float an idea out there for everyone to comment on in regard to the prizes. There was at one time a discussion about making this a fundraising event for the association. That is turning over all funds after expenses to help cover annual expenses such as liability insurance, advertising etc... Prizes would be whatever we can drum up from local business', some great trophies and bragging rights. What is everyone's thoughts on this???

Rockin' on two 22.5 WSM's, a GOSM gasser and missing them old drums...
KCBS Member and CBJ
Biggest (pound for pound) BBQ Fan in Utah
Two Time!! Grand Champion @ My Backyard Picnic Annual Cookoff
04-07-2008 10:06 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

YAHOO, not the .com one, JBs (nee E.A. Millers) meats in Hyrum just informed Infamous Dave they'll furnish the briskets. 1 for each cook. Big Grin They'll be nearly the same size, weight, whole briskets.Thanks to them a bunch. We'll pick them up on the 16th bout noon-2pm. They'll send him the specs for them in a day or so. That is good great news. 8)
Gene

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-07-2008 03:01 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo, good job guys, both of you check your PM's please.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Camp Chef Sponsored

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

KCBS Certified Judge

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
04-07-2008 03:47 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Infamous Dave Offline

Hey everyone like Gene already posted...
Good news, Millers Beef from Hyrum is going to Pony up Brisket for each team. That will save each team around $30. This was a $600 (retail value) donation from Millers. We are working on other Sponsorships for this event and I have created a page on the Smoke upon the Water website to list all of the sponsors that will make this event possible. Check back to the site to see who is added to the sponsor page. When possible let's support our sponsors!!

Infamous Dave
www.skinnyboysbbq.com
KCBS Certified Judge
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.
If tomorrow may be my last, I want BBQ today!
04-07-2008 09:11 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

I contacted a large independant meat market in Cache Valley for the possible donation of the pork butts. Good chance on this also.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-11-2008 11:28 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Ok, ladies and gentlemen. There is a 3 May deadline on registration on our Hyrum cook off. If I read the list right yesterday Vic had 7 paid attendees. I have a list of - yes, I'll be theres', but we need some $$ commitment from the rest of you please. The advertising is soon to be aired, Pepsi is on board, Millers Meats is donating the briskets. We don't have enough people to hold this event right now, so let's not make this flop. All that were there last year had a great time, at a great spot, let's make it a repeat and give our friend to the North a run for his $$.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-27-2008 09:14 PM
Brian Offline

Gene,

Our entry fee is on its way if you have not already received it.

B

DRAGON SMOKE BBQ
KCBS BBQ judge
http://www.brianbaitystudio.com
Sponsored by: Original Charcoal Company (http://www.originalcharcoal.com) Lofte's Private Club and Restaurant
04-28-2008 09:45 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Here is how I see it Gene, and this is just MHO. If there are any new members and or other teams that may have missed the opportunity to get in to one of the camping spots, which those camping fees are to be paid when you get there, I would open it up NOW for all who want to cook! Let them send there checks in,ASAP and if there are unpaid teams, that had pre-registered but missed the May 3rd deadline....well as the saying goes, S#it or get off the pot!

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
04-28-2008 09:50 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Got a call from Mark @ Cherry Peak, nee, they are bowing out of Hyrum. Dang, I was wanting to see their new Lang in action too. Between my naps, that is. Big Grin

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-28-2008 10:18 AM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

We have 1 spot reopened with Cherry Peak not being able to come to the contest. Space 29, there's some folks in Idaho interested. Send a check & e-mail if you're interested.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
04-28-2008 10:10 PM
Unregistered

I'd love to be there, but I just started a new job in February and I have zero vacation time. It's going to be all I can do to make the Provo competition. Sorry folks, but this is my lame year.

John
04-28-2008 10:23 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

Hey, anybody going up and coming back Saturday? I can only come up Saturday, and would love to carpool, if anyone has room for my little Weber grill - I want to try out my BBQ Chicken pizza on you guys. I'm looking to leave early early and come back around 8 or so. PM me and we'll work something out!
05-06-2008 06:23 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

Just got a call from a gentleman that wants to come and play with us. Frank lives in Hyrum and saw one of the banners we hung up. Welcome sir, see you Friday.

KCBS Certified Judge
Traeger Lil' Tex 070
Traeger Texas 075
05-13-2008 08:58 AM
SmokinJoe Offline

Where are you located, Anthony?

-joe

Get your smoke on...
05-13-2008 09:17 AM
Big Anthony Offline
Account not Activated

I'm coming from Orem. I talked to my brother and he's interested in coming too, so we may carpool up there, but nothing final yet. Is it all right if I bring up my grill and some food, even if I'm not competing? I don't want to make the competitors nervous with my skills. :lol:
05-13-2008 01:05 PM