Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Good Wood BBQ
no1plumber Offline
Banned

Good Wood BBQ
There is a New Good Wood BBQ being built in Riverdale. Has anyone eaten at one before and are they any Good. It looks like just another francise eatery to me. But some Que is better then no Que. I think it will probably be a lot like Famous Daves. Its funny how a large fancise can come in with ok food and do realy good and some little guy with fantastic food can't make it. I was in a BBQ joint in Florida. There was only my dad and I and two police officers in the place.(if the police eat there you know its good.) We were eating some great que when my dad looked across the steet at the golden arches. The place was packed. The line for the drive up had to be at least 10 cars. He just shook his head and said they sure don't know what they are missing. Isn't that the truth.
10-06-2007 08:13 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Re: Good Wood BBQ
We have one here, I have been there (Not by choice :x ) a few times with work related lunch meetings. The only thing I have had is the Honey Stung Chicken, which was good, but also wasn't BBQ'd it was deep fried.

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
And yes... I hate Brett Favre
10-06-2007 09:11 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GBQ Offline

Vic. Acouple of years ago a Good Wood opened up in the Draper area.the wife & I went there on a Fri.Night & was told there was a 2hr.wait.Like you said the place looked like a Famous Daves.There are only a few places I will wait that long for & those are not on the list.It really makes you wonder what the big draw is to places like this,when there is better food & personalized service at smaller joints.Somewhere back in the arcives is a post by Joe when he went there. Gary.
10-06-2007 09:19 AM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo guy's, I met the owners of Goodwoods a few years ago down at the Orem location which was the first in Utah. The group has it's original location in Boise. I can't as a professional in business comment good or bad or just filling. In this business it's all subjective, and when you put yourself out there on the playing field get ready for the critics which is not always a bad thing.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
10-06-2007 09:51 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pegleg Offline

I ate at Good Woods in Boise a few years ago while on business. I had the sampler platter in order to try most of the meats. The food was okay but along the same lines as any other BBQ Franchise -- it's worth trying once and forming your own opinion though. I spoke with the manager and he said they cook everything with apple. In Riverdale, if I had a choice between Good Woods or Texas Roadhouse I would rather hit the Roadhouse for a steak and save the BBQ for Sunday dinner!!

Lyle Earl
KCBS Certified Judge
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark ---- professionals built the Titanic.
10-06-2007 11:12 AM
BBQSki Offline

I've been to Goodwood a number of times. It'll eat, but in terms of national chains I like the Dickies they put in meridian a few months ago better. However, the two local joints in Eagle are much, much better.

I was in Orlando, Florida earlier this year and went to Blackwater BBQ......now that was very, very, very good.......

Next year I'm coming to the first contest in Utah a day early and going to Q4U, though, and get the real deal!
10-06-2007 12:19 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Eagle Rib Shack is good, And any time BBQSki, Utah Smoke/ Q4U is the place! Now here is somthing to think about! Let say Febuary or March all the Idaho cooks get together with the Utah cooks and over run T's Q4U Big Grin I know I, Dana and Morgan will be hitt'n the short trip over there! Who's up for that???? We can get T to close the place down on a Saturday pm or open up for a Sunday for a Utah/ Idaho get together :wink:

T whatcha think?

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
10-06-2007 04:29 PM
Unregistered

Man, I'd be all over that like mayonaise! However, this Idaho cook will be flying down -- not driving. I hate long drives, so I have to save up for the Q season. Smile Besides, a nice quick flight provides much more time for Q fellowship. :wink:

John
10-06-2007 05:00 PM
Quote this message in a reply
Swine Steward Offline

Sounds like a great idea. Count Mary and I in on that trip. We'd probably fly down also.
10-06-2007 06:07 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Ok Ok! We have interest! But the MAN has not spoken! And I did not talk with him prior, as I should have :oops:

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
10-07-2007 07:51 AM
Unregistered

Something tells me that he probably wouldn't turn us away if a bunch of us showed up to patronize his restaurant. :wink: Now, the shuttin' down the joint part might be a different story, but I don't really think that's necessary anyway.

John
10-07-2007 08:53 AM
Quote this message in a reply
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

I agree, that was a brain f@&t on my part, Hey T? when is the 1st aniversary of your new location?

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
10-07-2007 09:06 AM
BBQSki Offline

I'm in! Should I pre-order my combo platter now?
10-07-2007 08:24 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

What do you think T, could you handle a crowd such as us? We'd all be on our best behavior :wink: wouldn't we folks?
10-08-2007 03:58 AM
Brian Offline

I realize it's not a long drive for me, but I will say that if all you great folks from Idaho come down I will make a point of attending. Wouldn't miss it.

DRAGON SMOKE BBQ
KCBS BBQ judge
http://www.brianbaitystudio.com
Sponsored by: Original Charcoal Company (http://www.originalcharcoal.com) Lofte's Private Club and Restaurant
10-08-2007 06:35 AM
Infamous Dave Offline

This is a great idea...
I think most of in PC said our goodbyes until next May in Hyrum.
This would give us a chance to get together in the winter. We could all bring our families and just enjoy an evening. I'm interested.

Infamous Dave
www.skinnyboysbbq.com
KCBS Certified Judge
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow we die.
If tomorrow may be my last, I want BBQ today!
10-08-2007 12:29 PM
truoc444 Offline

I'd be in too. Since i moved to Orem i don't make it up there as often, but i'd make a point of it...assuming my house hasn't been sold by then and i'm still here.

Southern Rootz BBQ...Because it's easier than saying I'm from Texas and only got stuck in Utah when my Car broke down
10-08-2007 04:04 PM
Infamous Dave Offline

Has anyone else noticed that T hasn't posted in here...
I think we scared him Smile

Infamous Dave
www.skinnyboysbbq.com
KCBS Certified Judge
10-09-2007 12:28 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

T's was the 4th post in this thread...?

-joe

Get your smoke on...
10-09-2007 01:06 PM
Infamous Dave Offline

I just meant he hasn't been on this thread since we all invited ourselves to his place for a party...
Big Grin

Infamous Dave
www.skinnyboysbbq.com
KCBS Certified Judge
10-09-2007 01:45 PM
SmokinJoe Offline

Ah... Smile

-joe

Get your smoke on...
10-09-2007 01:59 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo guys, no problem with it at all. I need my day off on Sunday and so does my crew Dave, Saturday will be just fine with me, what do ya think? GBQ and I have just finished a few spares now we knocked off some babies.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.q4u.com">www.q4u.com</a><!-- w -->
10-09-2007 02:55 PM
PackerBacker Offline
Posting Freak

Infamous Dave;p="6189 Wrote:I just meant he hasn't been on this thread since we all invited ourselves to his place for a party...
Big Grin

More of a meet and greet, and to keep the spirit of Q alive in the off season, I would still like to know when the 1st aniversary of your new location is, I asked you T but you were going to ask Becky, that would be a great day to get together

Dave

PACKERBACKER BBQ TEAM
KCBS CERTIFIED JUDGE
"Wait until Next Year"
10-09-2007 04:30 PM
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo Dave, March 12th will be one year my friend, and that will be on a week day in the middle of the week called wednesday. Whatcha gonna do? I personally would like to see us get together when it's a little warmer and travel is safer, but willing to do what the group wants.

keep it low-n-slow " T "

UTAH SMOKE
COMPETITION
BBQ TEAM

10-09-2007 05:57 PM
Gene Offline
Posting Freak

I like March. March is a good month. Kind of like early October, sunny, rainy, snow, cold, windy, all within an hour. Like Park City last weekend. :lol:
Any time to meet with all of you is time well spent.
10-09-2007 07:09 PM