Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Craig CO Competition Results
BBQMama Offline

Craig CO Competition Results
Hadn't seen these listed yet ... Congrats to all who got walks!!

Overall Rank Team Name
1 SMOKIN' TRIGGERS
2 PIGGY'S GOING POSTAL
3 R&R BBQ
4 LUTZ'S BBQ
5 OOPS
6 CASUAL SMOKERS
7 FLORIDA SKIN AND BONES
8 SWINESTONE COWBOYS
9 COOTERS COUNTRY CATERING
10 GQUE
11 SMOKIN 101
12 HAMMERHEAD BBQ TEAM
13 WOLFY AND THE HOG HEATERS
14 DEAD LAST BBQ
15 RUB EM' RAW
16 LAZY J BBQ
17 DRAGON SMOKE
18 JO-BAWB'S BBQ
19 FLYBOY BBQ
20 WICKED CHICKEN BBQ
21 WEBBER'S OLD WEST BBQ
22 BIG HOLE BBQ
23 UTAH SMOKE
24 BOB'S BLAZIN' BBQ
25 ADRIAN NELSON
26 SMOKIN MAGNUM
27 FRANKENSWINE & EZZYGORE
28 SMOKEHOUSE PIT CREW
29 RACHEL'S SMOKIN BBQ
30 STEVE & HIS DIXIE CHICK BBQ
31 BOARS TOOTH BBQ
32 GOLD TOP BBQ
33 THOUGHT SAUSAGE

Chicken Rank Team Name
1 R&R BBQ
2 DEAD LAST BBQ
3 CASUAL SMOKERS
4 ADRIAN NELSON
5 DRAGON SMOKE
6 GQUE
7 COOTERS COUNTRY CATERING
8 BIG HOLE BBQ
9 SMOKIN' TRIGGERS
10 THOUGHT SAUSAGE
11 HAMMERHEAD BBQ TEAM
12 PIGGY'S GOING POSTAL
13 WICKED CHICKEN BBQ
14 SMOKIN 101
15 LUTZ'S BBQ
16 FLYBOY BBQ
17 LAZY J BBQ
18 SMOKIN MAGNUM
19 UTAH SMOKE
20 OOPS
21 JO-BAWB'S BBQ
22 FLORIDA SKIN AND BONES
23 WEBBER'S OLD WEST BBQ
24 WOLFY AND THE HOG HEATERS
25 FRANKENSWINE & EZZYGORE
26 SWINESTONE COWBOYS
27 STEVE & HIS DIXIE CHICK BBQ
28 RUB EM' RAW
29 RACHEL'S SMOKIN BBQ
30 SMOKEHOUSE PIT CREW
31 GOLD TOP BBQ
32 BOB'S BLAZIN' BBQ
33 BOARS TOOTH BBQ

Ribs Rank Team Name
1 PIGGY'S GOING POSTAL
2 DRAGON SMOKE
3 OOPS
4 JO-BAWB'S BBQ
5 GQUE
6 WOLFY AND THE HOG HEATERS
7 RUB EM' RAW
8 SMOKIN' TRIGGERS
9 UTAH SMOKE
10 FLORIDA SKIN AND BONES
11 WICKED CHICKEN BBQ
12 LAZY J BBQ
13 SWINESTONE COWBOYS
14 COOTERS COUNTRY CATERING
15 LUTZ'S BBQ
16 WEBBER'S OLD WEST BBQ
17 R&R BBQ
18 BIG HOLE BBQ
19 BOB'S BLAZIN' BBQ
20 HAMMERHEAD BBQ TEAM
21 DEAD LAST BBQ
22 CASUAL SMOKERS
23 FRANKENSWINE & EZZYGORE
24 STEVE & HIS DIXIE CHICK BBQ
25 THOUGHT SAUSAGE
26 SMOKIN 101
27 BOARS TOOTH BBQ
28 SMOKEHOUSE PIT CREW
29 FLYBOY BBQ
30 ADRIAN NELSON
31 GOLD TOP BBQ
32 SMOKIN MAGNUM
33 RACHEL'S SMOKIN BBQ

Pork Rank Team Name
1 PIGGY'S GOING POSTAL
2 LUTZ'S BBQ
3 SMOKIN' TRIGGERS
4 FLORIDA SKIN AND BONES
5 SWINESTONE COWBOYS
6 SMOKIN 101
7 WICKED CHICKEN BBQ
8 RUB EM' RAW
9 R&R BBQ
10 BIG HOLE BBQ
11 BOARS TOOTH BBQ
12 OOPS
13 RACHEL'S SMOKIN BBQ
14 SMOKIN MAGNUM
15 LAZY J BBQ
16 WOLFY AND THE HOG HEATERS
17 CASUAL SMOKERS
18 FLYBOY BBQ
19 WEBBER'S OLD WEST BBQ
20 THOUGHT SAUSAGE
21 ADRIAN NELSON
22 HAMMERHEAD BBQ TEAM
23 UTAH SMOKE
24 DRAGON SMOKE
25 BOB'S BLAZIN' BBQ
26 DEAD LAST BBQ
27 FRANKENSWINE & EZZYGORE
28 SMOKEHOUSE PIT CREW
29 JO-BAWB'S BBQ
30 COOTERS COUNTRY CATERING
31 GOLD TOP BBQ
32 GQUE
33 STEVE & HIS DIXIE CHICK BBQ

Brisket Rank Team Name
1 SMOKIN' TRIGGERS
2 LUTZ'S BBQ
3 CASUAL SMOKERS
4 OOPS
5 FLYBOY BBQ
6 COOTERS COUNTRY CATERING
7 GQUE
8 PIGGY'S GOING POSTAL
9 R&R BBQ
10 SMOKIN 101
11 SWINESTONE COWBOYS
12 FLORIDA SKIN AND BONES
13 DEAD LAST BBQ
14 HAMMERHEAD BBQ TEAM
15 BOB'S BLAZIN' BBQ
16 SMOKIN MAGNUM
17 WOLFY AND THE HOG HEATERS
18 JO-BAWB'S BBQ
19 RUB EM' RAW
20 BOARS TOOTH BBQ
21 WEBBER'S OLD WEST BBQ
22 SMOKEHOUSE PIT CREW
23 LAZY J BBQ
24 ADRIAN NELSON
25 RACHEL'S SMOKIN BBQ
26 UTAH SMOKE
27 STEVE & HIS DIXIE CHICK BBQ
28 DRAGON SMOKE
29 WICKED CHICKEN BBQ
30 GOLD TOP BBQ
31 BIG HOLE BBQ
32 FRANKENSWINE & EZZYGORE
33 THOUGHT SAUSAGE

Carla
Smokin' Hot Sistahs Competition BBQ Team
KCBS Certified Judge
***Life's too short to eat bad BBQ***
08-30-2010 08:08 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gumbo Offline

Re: Craig CO Competition Results
Looks like our Utah teams made a strong showing. Congrats to all who competed!
08-30-2010 10:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
T Offline
Posting Freak

Yo, let me tell those of you that missed this contest, it was awesome. George and his staff for a first time event went above and beyond to make the cooks feel more than comfortable. We had a 24/7 hospitality tent that was complete with coffee, juices, yogurt, assorted chips, cookies, candy bars, packaged muffins, assortment of beverages, 1 gallon bottles of water, fresh peaches, fresh made sweet rolls and up side down pineapple cake made by Georges wife to boot. The crew took our trash when needed and removed our ash from the site as well as provided water. And last but not least free ice. Friday night we were presented with an Italian dinner prepared by Mark the chef from Georges Hospital. The meal was outstanding, he nailed it! Man oh man what a spread. Thanks again Mark and great to meat your family. The staff was out of site. They were always present seeing if you needed anything. I would encourage any team to put this comp on the list for next year, it will certainly be at the top of mine. Can't say enough about the hospitality. Plenty of room, and from what I understand the property owner is willing to let it grow as much as needed. We as an association should do all we can to promote this one. Great to see old friends and meet new ones. Congrats to the winners and good to see Johnny get that 180 in Brisket. Thanks again to all that made this a memorable week end in BBQ for us, and Winter well my brothers, Winter well!

keep it low-n-slow " T "

Sponsored by Pit Stop BBQ
Sponsored by Camp Chef & Majestic Meats
Sponsored by Cross Canyon Arms
[Image: utahsmoke.jpg]

KCBS Certified Judge

www.Q4UBBQTruck.com
08-31-2010 09:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SoEzzy Offline
Administrator

The contest is on our calendar too for next year, George and the crew of volunteers, did a spectacular job on the site and the contest, easy to spot from the road and easy to get into even with the biggest of rigs, thanks to all the local sponsors and to the Wyman museum for the use of the land and the showing that they all helped put on.

A "goodie" bag on arrival, guided to your specific site, asked for water, ice etc, there was electricity around but with our generator on the RV I wasn't paying much attention to where it was or how available it was.

There was food and drink available in the hospitality tent through the afternoon and evening.

Vendors looked like they were well taken care of too.

There are entertainments, rides, and other fun things for a family atmosphere event.

After the cooks meeting was a spread put on by the Executive chef at the hospital... if you have to be sick somewhere it looks like you won't starve at the Memorial Hospital Craig, CO! Big Grin

Fast attentive service kept the hot food hot and the cold food cold, one of the many high points for me was the dessert with a short cake crust and lemon curd topping with a few blue berry's over the top, sweet enough without being over the top, it was a fine finish to a fine meal. Thanks to all those that made it happen for the teams.

There was security provide by the local Sheriffs office through the night, and bands playing in a band area, a straw bale maze for the kids.

Although the flags were flying constantly, the bank of the hill kept at least one half of the site protected from most of the weather, like any event above 6000' the weather can be a mystery and we had everything from bright sunshine to a couple of storms blow through with a little hail and rain, Saturday there was a weather advisory from the National Weather Service about high winds up to 60 MPH, we stripped down the EZups, and put chairs and other items away, but it never actually got much above 20 or 25 MPH where we were, they came round and gave us what warning they could, and I didn't see any flying tents etc.

Breakfast and coffee was supplied on Saturday morning, donuts, pastries, yogurt, juice, soda's, energy bars, etc.

As folks send me pictures and photo's of the event, I'll put them up and slideshow them so everyone that want's can get a good view of the event.

Thanks once again to all those that made this event possible.

p.s. When picking a route to get there and back again:
US40E through Vernal was the most direct, 303 miles 5 hours 43 minutes from Kearns, SLC
I 80 E through Evanstown and Rock Springs, then down WY 789 and CO 13, 366 miles 5 hours 55 minutes
I 15 S then I 6 S, I 70 E, CO 13 N through Green River, Rifle and Meeker, 432 miles and 7 hours 31 minutes.

T & Becci, Brian and Doug all went out I 40, that sure is a lot of hills constantly on the gas pedal all the way, Doug even came home that way and said the hills were worse on the way back! :shock:

Hearing that I went out I 80 and WY 789 and CO 13, with the exception of the CO 13 which was a little tight in places when meeting a hay truck holding a line in the middle of the road, it was a pleasant and pretty quick trip without much strain, so if you pick this one to attend next year, (and I would if you can), I 80 is the way to travel!

Take care if you drive that route in the dark though, as there are antelope and elk across the roads and care needs to be taken to avoid them.

Respice, adspice, prospice. Latin proverb.
Respice = you didn't use enough spice the first time! adspice = you ought to add spice, you know? prospice = you should be an advocate for spice!
[Image: 142.jpg]
KCBS Certified Barbecue Judge.
UBBQO Certified Barbecue Judge.
08-31-2010 11:50 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Brian Offline

All the fine points have been covered by T and Chris. I do want to voice my thanks to George, the staff, and volunteers for their awesome eforts. I too have already put this contest on my MUST attend list.

DRAGON SMOKE BBQ
KCBS BBQ judge
http://www.brianbaitystudio.com
Sponsored by: Original Charcoal Company (http://www.originalcharcoal.com) Lofte's Private Club and Restaurant
09-01-2010 11:53 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  2013 Red, White & BBQ Competition Results stewartr002 3 608 05-29-2013 10:17 AM
Last Post: PackerBacker
  Colorado State BBQ Championship at Craig Results grohrich 8 906 08-08-2012 12:07 AM
Last Post: Member closed account!
  1st Annual Coalville Pig-Out BBQ Competition Results SoEzzy 23 4,323 07-10-2012 07:02 PM
Last Post: Rod Livingston